Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I'm just a dripping freak. I own one tank now. I threw my DID across the room :D

20131116_173820.jpg

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
C rating- This is the maximum sustained (not burst) output of a battery. It requires only knowing the mah rating of the battery and it's value to calculate. Will give you an example using a few different batteries-

Batt A- 1600mah, 15C= 24 amps
Batt B- 2800mah, 2C= 5.6 amps
Batt C- 3100mah, 2C= 6.2 amps
So sustained would be if you just continuously had the fire button pushed, yes? As long as we are talking taking a hit, then letting go of the button and letting it sit for a minute, you can calculate using the max amp rating for your battery?

The reason I am asking is because I am vaping a .485 ohm coil right now using AW IMR 18650 2000mah 10A (5C) batt. At 7-8 amps output, it's perfectly safe if I refer to the 10A rating, but not safe if I'm referencing the 5C (sustained output)...?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
So sustained would be if you just continuously had the fire button pushed, yes? As long as we are talking taking a hit, then letting go of the button and letting it sit for a minute, you can calculate using the max amp rating for your battery?

The reason I am asking is because I am vaping a .485 ohm coil right now using AW IMR 18650 2000mah 10A (5C) batt. At 7-8 amps output, it's perfectly safe if I refer to the 10A rating, but not safe if I'm referencing the 5C (sustained output)...?
That's true, but I'd rather be on the safer side.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Lol, the mech in your sig. I asked if you still used it.
im not currently using it....its too bad i couldn't get a flat cap for it...then i would use it more often....i guess they went out of business...told me they weren't making any more...shortly after their site was closed

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
!1if anyone has a flat cap for the legacy i would love to get one
!
fmIPSbC.jpg

style is not one of its strong point...LMAO
I hear you loud and clear man, my budget didn't permit when they had them in stock...just seemed like a way to get 25 more dollars as is. Everyone would order a flat...he was "smart" on that one...

Kinda jenky he didn't at least bring like 100 of them to VolVapor...

Last edited:

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
I hear you loud and clear man, my budget didn't permit when they had them in stock...just seemed like a way to get 25 more dollars as is. Everyone would order a flat...he was "smart" on that one...

Kinda jenky he didn't at least bring like 100 of them to VolVapor...

funny...same here...didn't have the cash at the time, and then it wasn't in stock...one of those.....old school...its a good mech tho overall.....hits good...nice switch....the cap is killin me tho.....
the pic above is from my genny and hybrid days...now all that is in the drawer and the kayfuns and other srta's are out

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
the MNKE is down to 3.7 volts from a fresh charge after about 2-3 hours of heavy vaping using a dual coil .8 ribbon 0.3ohm build....does that sound right? when do u recharge? 3.7?
It depends on which mech I'm using. I can vape to 3.4 on my Cronus. My Nzonic starts to get harsh at 3.7 volts. 2-3 hrs is about right.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
It depends on which mech I'm using. I can vape to 3.4 on my Cronus. My Nzonic starts to get harsh at 3.7 volts. 2-3 hrs is about right.

i wanna take better care of the 2 new batts i got today....they are just for the trident 0.3ohm build...
should i wait before charging after vaping or it doesnt matter and i can just throw it on the charger and then back into the mod, cycling through both MNKE and AW 4.2-3.7 then recharge?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
i wanna take better care of the 2 new batts i got today....they are just for the trident 0.3ohm build...
should i wait before charging after vaping or it doesnt matter and i can just throw it on the charger and then back into the mod, cycling through both MNKE and AW 4.2-3.7 then recharge?
I usually don't use them until they cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread