Status
Not open for further replies.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
Alright been testing this a while so here is my thoughts on it. I'm gonna he completely honest with it.

This dripper was made strictly for performance/big clouds/get nic'd out.
Machine quality is good not the greatest out there but could have been a bit better, minor, very minor burrs could have been filed but other than that it's pretty on point.
Drip tip hole is really big. Grant Vapor team I recommend you tighten that tolerance up.
Screw post are sturdy and have this key way cut in the middle to trap the kanthal and make setup easier, cap screw that hold down the wire is a very neat way to get it mounted, mount the coils in place hold with thumb and screw on the caps.
510 connector is what had the small burs, thread looks ok to me but can be a bit cleaner, everything else as far as cap and sleeve fitting the o rings is very smooth.

There is my critique now on to the performance side of it,
It's a freakin monster, I personally don't like to vape this way but ... ill try it, direct lung hits with 1.9mm airholes on each sides make it extremely loose draw and you can't really feel the vapor getting inhaled until the throat hit starts to burn you. On exhale a huge burst of flavor hits your mouth, wasn't expecting that. It does have different configurations for the air holes you want to pick. Has single 1mm hole, single 1.2, single 1.9, dual 1.9 and single 2.2mm configurations that will depend on taste and build.

I have it with dual coils of 3mm wick and 30g kanthal metering at .5 ohm and I vape at 20mg so three hits I'm done! Coughing hard and nic'd out, if you are at work and need a quick one hitter quiter this will suit you just fine
Here are a couple of pictures, mounted on the Titan. And pictures of other areas of the atty.
null_zps376555e3.jpg

null_zpsceb71a78.jpg

null_zps3cf63f12.jpg

null_zps7fa2a175.jpg

null_zps987d12a0.jpg

null_zps86dde9f5.jpg

Overall, if you love dripping, love performance, love big clouds, don't hesitate to get one,
Personally, a single 1 ohm coil with the 1mm air hole suits me, which makes all the other options a waste, but I'm not gonna do a weak build if I have all the options, ill use them

vid holding cough back at end hehe

Trident dripper by Grand Vapor - YouTube

Enjoy :)
Urq

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Lol, I got mine today and didn't even coil it yet but I kind of got the same impression. The build quality is about what I have come to expect from that area of the world, well made and functional but not perfection. I'll probably go easy with it on my first build but it looks to be built to make the kind of vapor clouds people put on youtube.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
All i can say when it comes to the dripping game, the phillipinos have that one lockl down, almost every atty out of there is a dripper, this is the fifth one I try out of there and they are performers. Ebaron and drip ody, won't include kayfun because you can't order just the option, are more or less a replacement to the stock stuff but still performs close to stock form, I don't know how to describe it but every atty I have tried from pinas is a monster fog machine.

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
I have the Trident as well. As OP mentioned, it has the capability to make huge clouds. One thing that sold me on this atty is the adjustable airflow function. It's awesome. The only thing I'd change about this mod is the ability to have different sized holes in the dual hole setting. There are several options for single hole, but only one for dual airhole. It would require a second cap, but it would be nice.

For flavor, I like my Immortalizer. But if I want to blow clouds, Trident.

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Sincity and the City of Angels
Another great, honest, and detailed review my brotha Urq!!

Pinoy craftsmanship at it's finest...lol! It may have too much going on especially at the deck, but it does it's job and it does it well..

Nice job bro and looking forward to trying that SOB out as soon as I'm not sick....

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Just to add to Urq's excellent review, my particular Trident have quite a ....ty base, with awful threads, and it's possibly the same base used on plenty other drippers , in the $15 range. Definitely not up to the standard it should be at this price point.
And they guys I purchased it from blew me off with "maybe it's not for you" when I complained about the quality issues. Have that in mind.

But the vape, is rather great. :)

Wish

Jan 17, 2013
Philippines
I have the Trident as well. As OP mentioned, it has the capability to make huge clouds. One thing that sold me on this atty is the adjustable airflow function. It's awesome. The only thing I'd change about this mod is the ability to have different sized holes in the dual hole setting. There are several options for single hole, but only one for dual airhole. It would require a second cap, but it would be nice.

This is the same opinion most Filipinos have today. Immortalizer for flavor and Trident for show off or thick clouds.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

What's the dual hole setup at ? Please tell me its the smallest diameter. Mine will be here soon.

grindle

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Cork

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Not what I had in mind. I bet hardly any flavor with that setup. Looks like I'll be trying to find that Nimbus again.

There's loads of taste, big airholes=less taste is totally a myth. The draw is super airy of course, but it doesn't diminish the taste.
I personally prefer a thight-ish draw, but this is fun still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread