Trouble with the Smoktech DCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock_RES

Mar 29, 2012
Maryland
Ordered three new flavors and a 3.5 mL DCT from mad vapes and received them friday. Tested each flavor by dripping directly onto the atomizer to figure out which one I liked the best and wanted to fill the tank with. Settled on a spearmint flavor and proceeded to fill the tank.

I'm getting no where near the amount of vapor that the flavors produced with just the atomizer, and its also hitting much harder and harsher. I'm not getting a "burnt" taste so to speak, and I prefilled the carto before filling the tank so I know thats not the issue.

I've read instances of people getting bad cartos on arrival so I'm wondering if thats the problem or if I'm just doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I use 3.5ml tanks on an Epower, which is very similar to the kGo, and personally I think the DC cartos that come with the tanks suck. Get some 1.7ohm Ressurector cartos for the tanks and I think you'll like them a lot more. The Ressurectors are awesome and work great in the tanks.
CCV and Hoosier both sell the regular ones that you can punch yourself, or they both also sell prepunched ones for the Smoktech tanks that have the metal base on them like the DC carto that comes with the tank

Boondock_RES

Mar 29, 2012
Maryland
I'll have to give the resurrectors a look. Just sucks that my first experience with a tank set up isnt panning out the way i wanted it to. And i hate blowing money on stuff that doesnt work.

Do you use any VG in your liquids?

The juice i got from mad vapes says its a vg/pg blend. Doesnt give the percentages

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Ordered three new flavors and a 3.5 mL DCT from mad vapes and received them friday. Tested each flavor by dripping directly onto the atomizer to figure out which one I liked the best and wanted to fill the tank with. Settled on a spearmint flavor and proceeded to fill the tank.

I'm getting no where near the amount of vapor that the flavors produced with just the atomizer, and its also hitting much harder and harsher. I'm not getting a "burnt" taste so to speak, and I prefilled the carto before filling the tank so I know thats not the issue.

I've read instances of people getting bad cartos on arrival so I'm wondering if thats the problem or if I'm just doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am not sure if it could be your problem but Madvapes prepunched cartos holes are too small. I found it necessary to enlarge them. There was not enough juice getting to the carto.

Good luck to you.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

FloridaHokie

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Un Registered Supplier

Zotsey

Apr 6, 2012
England
I have 1.5LR dual cores in my tank on my VV and have no problems. I prefer the voltage set low in them, around 3.2-3.5
But I tend to use heavy Pg mostly which is quite thin. If I go onto heavier VG I make the hole a little bigger or punch another.
As mentioned above you could take a couple of un fired draws to pull some juice in.

Good luck. Tanks are great

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
It's probably the cartos,,,,,
I've got some duds from SmokeTech lately (some leak onto the batt connection),,, shop around
Maybe the Resurrectors are the answer

If my understanding is correct, the ressurectors are the smoktech 1.7 ohm (non-tank) carto. They are just another example of confusing renaming of a product by a reseller.

My way of avoiding the leaking onto the battery connector is to be very conservative when filling the carto initially. I have found that too much liquid in the carto when loading the tank will actually bring upon the leaking on the connector. I put about 20 or so drops in the top of a carto when initially putting it into the tank, I then fill the tank and let the rest soak into the cartomizer. It takes a few minutes and during this time you will see bubbles come out of the punched holes on a regular interval. It will slow and stop after a few minutes, I have had good luck with this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread