The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Troubleshooting - Janty Stick

Discussion in 'iVapour UK' started by scyllabub, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    If Ludo's reading this - thank you! The Janty Stick is now my device of choice!

2. arv

arv Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Ludo, could you give more info on this subjact?
    Can I use only usb cables provided by Janty, or simply only the same type of usb cables?
    Is it about the cable itself or the mini-usb plug?

I'm asking because I was going to buy the Motorolla right angle mini-usb adapter/passthrough (this one) and a much more flexible, retractable usb cable.

And what about the batteries? Are these 360mAh batteries any different than other 10440 (like ultrafire)?

3. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    These might help others - battery goes this way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. scyllabub

scyllabub Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    Brilliant, Andy. It's kinda non-intuitive to put them in feet first.

Arv, you're a man after my own heart ;)

scylla

5. arv

May 8, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Had to google that phrase, didn't know if you were insulting me or not, lol! :D

My problem is, I'm crazy about anything I can't do or have. I sometimes don't vape for a couple of hours, don't even think about it - but if I find myself without a spare battery on a half-hour drive home, I'll go insane! So spare batteries, a charger, extra usb cable in my car - it's all obligatory for me!
    And you don't expect me driving with that rigid usb cable sticking out the side of my Stick, aye?

But now Ludo gave me a scare with that "only use what you get from us" speach....

6. Crossbow

Crossbow Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
    Ummm..... Is the USB cable really that non standard?
    I really need to know, because having added the cable to the rest of the Ecig related spaghetti on my desk, I'm not 100% sure which one it is.....

7. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    I would've thought you could identify it by its shortness and thinness, Crossbow. Shouldn't think you've got another mini USB cable as short 'n thin as the Stick's. I make it 30" tip to tip.

(Though part of me is wondering if there's an occult meaning to your request ;) )

HTH,

scylla :)

8. Crossbow

Mar 18, 2009
    I have 2 that are seemingly identical - one is the stick, the other is a 510 (not Dura) PCC cable. I don't really belive that the USB cable can be that non standard...... but I certainly dont want to find out the expensive way :p

9. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    Oh well... :rolleyes:

I've signed the petition anyway :D Don't know how I could have missed that one, my mate Chrissie was already there :confused:

scylla

10. Crossbow

Mar 18, 2009
    So much going on it's easy to miss stuff :)

11. CatVTTV

CatVTTV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Hi Cross, good to see you my friend...

There is, as I write, emails being written with a view to sorting this out once and for all. so watch this space for an update.

12. Crossbow

Mar 18, 2009
    Howdy :)

Thats good news :)
    Although since (unlike pretty much every other ecig I have) I cant get through batteries faster than they charge in one charger, it's not as critical as I thought :)

13. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    It's great, isn't it? I just love the passthrough charger - takes all the grief out of device charging!:)

14. CatVTTV

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    the pass though is good pipeman, but I do agree with everyone it is a bit short if its intended a vape through rather than a charger, which the short cable leads us to believe.

I bought the separate charger, which is brilliant and charges a battery up in no time at all, so I dont have to worry too much about using the, shall we call it 'vape through'....lol

15. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    heyo, i am still waiting for my limited stick, but...

i have maybe a good solution for most of you. you know that little PowerBackup batterie from DealX ?
    i got one for my kissbox.

basically you can:
    charge your sticks with it,
    vape on the stick with it.
    charge it + charge the stick + vape on the stick at the same time.

there is an additional usb powercord in the package that plugs to 5V in of the batterie with a length of 45cm, extending your sticks own cable.

i find this a good extreme deal for 13.83$ total.
    DealExtreme: $13.83 Rechargeable USB Emergency Power Backup Pack 2400mAh

i don't checked how often you can charge the cigar batterie with it, but should be fine for a day in the woods :)

16. e-pipeman

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    My method is to use a Battech usb battery. Excellent device, portable, reliable, cheap on Ebay and sold by a UK company!:)

17. CatVTTV

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Please note everyone this is part of a post amended by Ludo today on jantyUS, he is hopefully going to post the full thing on this forum too, plus answer Crossbow's question.

I think it answers a lot of the questions everyone has had regarding the use of non supported USB cables.

18. arv

May 8, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Yep, Ludo's post cleared things up.

As to the battery packs - don't know if you're going to need it. I suppose it depends on how much time you're spending away from easly accessible usb port. I rarely spend a day without at least 90 minutes by my laptop or in my car, and that's enough to charge the battery full. It looks like one battery is going to be more than enough for me (I can't stop being amazed by that sentence coming from underneath my fingertips!). :D

Going to test battery life tommorow, didn't manage to discharge it today during 10 hours with a 30minute charge (wanted to check out vaping on usb).

19. CatVTTV

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Hi Cross, I have confirmed this with Toby and with Ludo. The USB cable for the PCC and the JantyStick are the same, so there is no danger is using either of them.

20. Crossbow

Mar 18, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.