Truth.org's latest twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Just today, the Television was on, as background noise while doing dishes... one annoying commercial came on, and yes, it was about vaping. It seems thetruth.com's latest campaign... and after seeing this, I have very mixed emotions about it. Here's three videos. Please read my comment below the videos.

Now Imagine me being a former smoker of 20+ years, and I quit using vaping, and yes, I currently vape. I have already informed my son about vaping, and yes, I have told him not to do it... but I can imagine that he's going to get confused after watching these on Nickelodeon.
For the first video... It blurts an annoying horn while he's saying "safer than cigarettes"... Again, I know Ecigs are about harm reduction.. but technically, Cola is safer than {hoooonk}. Does that warrant scare ads on Nickelodeon on soda? How many more people have died due to obesity than vaping?

The second one takes things WAY to the extreme.... To be honest, I haven't had any major sickness since I've started vaping... In other words.. I have had mild sniffles.. but I haven't called out of work in over 5 years because of being sick.

And the last one is truly absurd... it targets ONE company... Juul. And like so many scare tactic campaigns, it preys on the ignorance that nicotine is the major killer in cigarettes. It's almost like it's calling children stupid for not knowing the difference between nicotine and the 2000+ chemicals in a cigarette.

Now, I do not advice children vape, and I understand the intention of these commercials is to sway children away from vaping.... which is fine with me. But I do not like how they are just as devious as big tobacco about hiding and controlling facts. Advertisement like this may sway the PARENTS of the children away from a healthier alternative. I've heard so many times from current smokers that they won't try vaping because they think it's just as bad as cigarettes, and they stick with "what they know".. and continue to smoke.... leaving the children with secondhand smoke. Am I alone in this line of thinking?

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for posting.
I'll download them and watch them later.
I like muppets.

Cheers
I

ETA: WOW...after watching these I think they need to rename themselves
TheFUD.com
I wonder which tobacco/pharma company paid for those spots?
Found it: Phillip Morris International (PMI)

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I just found the study about the second one. E-cigarettes 'more harmful than we think' It was a laboratory study that created a mechanical solution to mimic vaping on tissue samples donated by eight non smokers. It concludes what we already know... vaping is MUCH safer than cigarettes because of the lack of carcinogens. That study was merely to point out that vaping is not %100 safe and they still encourage you to vape rather than smoke. Now the "vomiting" part...is a bit to the extreme. GRRRRRR.

...and I forgot to add...they add "fact:" at the end.. which it's not really a fact yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
This only confirms one truth, a truth that's already been confirmed a million times over: anti-tobaccionists would rather have you die from smoking cigarettes than promote THE most successful smoking cessation tool called vaping, much to the point of Stanley Milgram's obedience experiment springs to mind.

• Agree
Reactions: mintymints

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Typical Truth.org employee:

head-up-your-rear-jpg.773555

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I see vaping reviews I always wonder who they are trying to prop up. You can always tell the ANTZ videos from the vape friendly videos. Some are against anything that reminds them of smoking and some are just against vaping on general principles.

Some are propping up cigarette companies. Those try to tell you that vaping isn't safer than smoking. Blah!

I'd never suggest vaping to a non-smoker. It's certainly not designed to be a hobby for teens to show off clouds. If a teen is a hooked smoker, I'd try to steer them toward vaping just to get them off the cigs.

I'm all for an age limit for buying ecig products through the mail. I support age confirmation for those vendors who have the capability. Of course that doesn't prevent adults from buying ecig products for teens. Those are the people who bought alcohol for teens when I was a teen. Things go around and come around. Nothing stays the same.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
I posted an ad from them I saw on snapchat last week with the muppet puking on another muppet. I cant load the videos you have here but I think it's the same one about vaping causing illness. It's rather frustrating. No one here is saying vaping is good for you, but we know right this minute it's better than tobacco.

60 years or less down the road there might be some side effects or illnesses that come with prolonged co start exposure to our ingredients, but I'm sure itll still be better than smoking for 60 years. It's all about money, the major tobacco and government organizations are losing money because we choose not to smoke or chew. So they attack us like the children they are. Everyday we keep vaping and convert more tobacco users is another win for us.

We just have to keep educating the sheep about what we really know and to ignore these scare ads.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
So I went to Youtube to post some REAL truth comments on these videos, but wouldn't you know it, all 3 videos say: "Comments are disabled for this video."

:censored:ing cowards.
I know.. I had to link the videos straight from the site. I came up with the same thing. I just got through sending them a message as well.... Asking them to stop using big tobaccos tactics of misinformation and lies. The "FACT: vaping causes a weakened immune system" is an outright lie. (go figure). I read their resources listed on their site, and their resource was someone who did a websearch on nicotine and the immune system... the results HE found were about nicotine by using cigarettes... in other words... CIGARETTES cause a weakened immune system.. not nicotine or vaping.

and one last thing to point out.. I mis-quoted the site.. it is not truth.org..but thetruth.com. I wish I can change the title of the message.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If you go to their fb page, many are already commenting.

Yeah I went and looked at a few. Sadly some of the pro-vape comments aren't quite accurate either. I just don't have time to correct all the wrong on the internet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread