Trying to find a certain flavor so I can make my own liquid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hey everyone.. hope all is well. So I've been putting a lot of thought into making my own eliquid. I got the basics down but now I have to find that perfect flavor. One in particular.. does anyone happen to know where VISTA VAPORS buys their flavors? I'm in LOVE with one called " ice cream " .. it's more like a vanilla but definitely some ice cream too. I've tried probably 100 different vanilla flavors over the years and I stuck with one as my all day vape for 6 years until it was discontinued. But now I found Vista and the ice cream flavor and I couldn't be happier. Any tips or leads would be AWESOME! Thanks everyone! - Kelly

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Making a 1:1 Clone of an e-liquid can be Tough sometimes. Very Tough.

When I switched to e-Cigarettes, I was lucky to find an ADV pretty much right off the start. Tasty Vapor's TastyFinger.

And since I was kinda into DIY already, by adding Flavorings or Sweetener to make Retail e-Liquids Stronger and or Sweeter, I decided to Clone TastyFinger. I mean... How Hard could it possibly Be?

LOL.

I spend 1/2 of 2010 and most of 2011 doing Dozens and Dozens and Dozens (and Dozens) of work-ups. It was Maddening. And became a Borderline Compulsion. I had full box of 3-x-5 Cards with Recipes and Cryptic Batch Codes like 17F or 21AB written on Blue Painters Tape on too many 30ml Glass Bottles to count.

I would get Soooo Cloooose at times. So Very Agonizingly Close. Only to Add or Subtract a Flavoring or Change a Percentage which would then push it away from where it should be.

I Finally Got It. It was a Absolute 1:1 Clone. And a Very Complex Multi-Flavor Recipe.

My Advise is if you want to Clone a Complex Retail e-Liquid is to have Realistic Goals. Because you might be able to get it Close relatively quickly. But going the Last Mile can be Murder.

BTW - Even if I told someone the Individual Flavors needed to Clone TastyFinger (which I won't), without their respective Percentages, you would only be about 40% Closer to making it.

The Percentages are what can make the Last Mile so Tough.

Reverse Engineering a commercial E-Liquid

But that Doesn't mean that you can't get pretty close with some Basic trial and error. And come up with some Great Variants along the way.

My advise would be to start with a "Base" that is Close to the finished e-Liquid you're trying to make. Then Bend It by adding whatever you think it needs.

I don't know what the e-Liquid you mentioned tastes like? But I do know that Many retailers will use Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as a base.

I've used this one with a touch of TFA Sweetener...

Flavor Apprentice - Vanilla Bean Icecream* - 30mL

Flavor Apprentice - Sweetener - 30mL

... and it is Very Tasty. Tasty Enough to be used as a Stand-Alone.

---

Word of Advise Learned the Hard Way:

You have to keep Detailed and Accurate Notes on everything you do. Because there is Nothing Worse then finally getting that Perfect Mix, only to find that you Can't Remember if you Added more Butterscotch and used less White Chocolate? Or if you used More White Chocolate and Less Caramel?

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You might get lucky with some of the recipes in the DIY section. Someone may have already cloned it or made something else you find just as tasty. Juice mixing is not unlike cooking. Following a recipie is easy. Creating a recipe can be quite difficult.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Making a 1:1 Clone of an e-Liquid can be Tough sometimes. Very Tough.

Reverse Engineering a commercial E-Liquid

But that Doesn't mean that you can't get pretty close with some Basic trial and error. And come up with some Great Variants along the way.

My advise would be to start with a "Base" that is Close to the finished e-Liquid you're trying to make. Then Bend It by adding whatever you think it needs.

I don't know what the e-Liquid you mentioned tastes like? But I do know that Many retailers will use Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as a base.

I've used this one with a touch of TFA Sweetener...

Flavor Apprentice - Vanilla Bean Icecream* - 30mL

Flavor Apprentice - Sweetener - 30mL

... and it is Very Tasty. Tasty Enough to be used as a Stand-Alone.

---

Word of Advise Learned the Hard Way:

You have to keep Detailed and Accurate Notes on everything you do. Because there is Nothing Worse then finally getting that Perfect Mix, only to find that you Can't Remember if you Added more Butterscotch and used less White Chocolate? Or if you used More White Chocolate and Less Caramel?
That's some good advice. I was thinking I would only have to buy pg/vg and the nicotine and ONE certain flavor.. yah maybe I'll just buy it instead lol. Thanks for the wisdom

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That's some good advice. I was thinking I would only have to buy pg/vg and the nicotine and ONE certain flavor.. yah maybe I'll just buy it instead lol. Thanks for the wisdom
That can happen. There are flavors that are designed to be used alone. They’re often called one shots.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

You never know. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (VBIC) is a pretty Damn Good Single Flavor.

So maybe it Isn't exactly the same as the e-Liquid you would like to Copy. But it might be something as Good. Or maybe even Better.

VBIC also works Great with all kinds of "Brown" Flavors. Like...

VBIC and Caramel
VBIC and Waffles
VBIC and Chocolate
VBIC and Butterscotch
VBIC and Almond
And one of My Favorites, VBIC and Pralines n' Cream

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Before i made my first batch of juice, i read LOTS of recipies. To find out what percentages of flavorings were commonly used in particular profiles. And also to see which brands of flavorings people favored. Then, i threw all that to the wind and made a batch of strawberry cheesecake that was spot on a particular commercial juice i had been using. Got lucky, and then a little cocky. Made a black cherry cheesecake next and it was unvapable. Lesson learned, black cherry flavoring is no bueno. But my point is, research what youre looking to imitate or even create. The process can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it. Single flavors are fine, and easy. But the magic occurs when you use several flavors to create the profile. One of my best was a lemon custard cookie/cupcake. I used at least 6 different flavorings in this one and i made 3 different variations until i got what i was looking for. This is where note keeping pays off. All 3 were equally awesome but the last tweaking was outstanding. Hope this info and insight is helpful for you.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Assuming you have been vaping for over 6 months and have your ADV equipment pretty much established, DIY can be a challenge.
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
DIY Vape Juice: How to make your own E-Juice (In Depth Guide)
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
https://www.thevaperstable.com/e-liquid-mixing/
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
Please read the stickies below in:
DIY E-Liquid

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
F09016B4-FA0A-41DA-AA38-2D5A6EFE37CC.jpeg
Yeah, that’s what I thought too. Just one flavor lol.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Why do you have a box labeled “eat farts”? It looks unopened, thankfully.

Lol that’s a deck of cards by Effin Birds. They’re hilarious and very heavy on the Effin part. I gave those cards, and coffee mugs for gifts this Christmas.

Reactions: Letitia

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
View attachment 792935
Hahaha that seriously looks like my vape stash! A bunch of flavors that suck but at the same time I think.. wait a minute! I just paid $15 for this, maybe it will magically taste better.. lol. Then a month later it tastes exactly the same :facepalm::nah:

Reactions: DeloresRose

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
View attachment 792935
So I see you have a ton of flavors there, and so do I but I have a new dilemma. I found a new all day vape but my husband hates it. I've tried SO many vanilla's over the years and they are too custardy or too sweet. Or just not intolerable.. so I'm happy but he's miserable any suggestions on a new vanilla vape? We are both MTL vapors so Vapes that have low nicotine are not an option which really sucks

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hahaha that seriously looks like my vape stash! A bunch of flavors that suck but at the same time I think.. wait a minute! I just paid $15 for this, maybe it will magically taste better.. lol. Then a month later it tastes exactly the same :facepalm::nah:
There’s a good thought for PIF: weed out the flavors you hate and will never use. And PIF them to someone just starting DIY. When they discover they hate most of them but love one or two (as is always the way) and then they can PIF them on. Eventually there will be a permanently circulating collection of awful flavors that no one has to pay for to find out they’re awful anymore.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
So I see you have a ton of flavors there, and so do I but I have a new dilemma. I found a new all day vape but my husband hates it. I've tried SO many vanilla's over the years and they are too custardy or too sweet. Or just not intolerable.. so I'm happy but he's miserable any suggestions on a new vanilla vape? We are both MTL vapors so Vapes that have low nicotine are not an option which really sucks
Why do you both have to vape the same thing? One of the big benefits of DIYing, is that you can customize it, to the individual who is vaping it. Vape the vanilla you like, and mix something else more pleasing to your husband. Or, better yet, tell him he is welcome to make his own. ;)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Have you tried vanilla bean ice cream? I have the TFA, and it’s a light vanilla, not a very strong flavor. I haven’t tried it alone, but I use 3% vanilla bean ice cream and 1% vanilla cream and that’s not too heavy on the custard.

Thing I find with any vanilla is it needs a lot of steeping and I add other flavors to it after it’s done.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
VISTA VAPORS buys their flavors? I'm in LOVE with one called " ice cream " ..
I am looking at Vista Vapors website, and I am not seeing anything labeled as "ice cream."
Buy Best E-Juice | Top E-Liquid | Vape Juice | Vista Vapors

I may have the wrong site, or you may have the wrong name (a link could help). The more correct/specific information you can provide; the more likely we can help you figure out what might go into its makeup. :)

Being as descriptive as you can be (as @dc99 requests); is going to help us help you the most. Our effort can only match yours. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Yah they re named I to vanilla cream just a few days ago..
Vanilla Cream

I'm also interested in the Blu e cig vanilla e liquid.. that's the reason I had to find a new vape because they discontinued it with out saying a word. Went to order it and it was out of stock and discontinued. Scums. Blu e cig is a bunch of jerks. Ive used their vanilla for years and then one day it's gone with no warning. Terrible company.. I wish I never invested a dollar with them. Never again but I wish I could clone their vanilla more than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread