Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
If what you want is for it to wick better but want to keep it more in the higher VG range you can substitute distilled water for the PG . Start by adding 3% distilled water to the total volume of mix to thin and work up in 1% increments if needed.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I agree with Danny's suggestion of using distilled water to thin out high VG juices to make them wick better. A gallon bottle costs $1 at any grocery store. Just start by adding 1 drop per 5 ml and go from there. A little goes a long way when used for thinning juice, so you don't need to bother doing calculations to figure out ratios or nicotine strength. You are adding so little DW that the change in nic strength and pg/vg ratios is negligible.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
That was my first thought. I don't use water in my mixes because I mix at 60pg and 70pg in my recipes. PG is so thin to start with that it runs almost like water into a mixing bottle from a condiment bottle. Thicker VG is much easier to control when pouring from a spout bottle, so much that you have to cut the tip a little to speed it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread