Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Has anyone tried a tungsten coil, if so how did it vape? Also is there anywhere I can buy prebuilt tungsten coils? I just want to try one and see how it works in tc. It has a higher tcr so I’m curious how it would work in tc mode and just how it generally works.

Never read Anything about someone using a Tungsten Alloy for a Coil. Not sure how Malleable a Tungsten Alloy wire would be?

But if could make a Coil out of it, it would Probably last a Very Long time. Because Tungsten maintains its Physical Properties even at Extremely High Temperatures. And is pretty Resistant to Thermal Breakdown. It also has one of the Highest Melting Points of any "Metal" I know of.

No Clue as to the Toxicity of Tungsten with regards to Vaping.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I barely know what tungsten IS let alone how it vapes. If you haven't been able to find tungsten wire for vaping OR prebuilt coils made out of it, I do wonder if it's even safe for vaping. I did a quick search and didn't find anything definitive on it.

I'd proceed with caution, if at all. Plenty of other wires safe for TC vaping...

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Has anyone tried a tungsten coil, if so how did it vape? Also is there anywhere I can buy prebuilt tungsten coils? I just want to try one and see how it works in tc. It has a higher tcr so I’m curious how it would work in tc mode and just how it generally works.

BTW - Not sure how Accurate the Table is in the link below? But check out the Resistance of 20ga Tungsten Wire as compared to 20ga 304 SS.

Resistance Values of Various Metals.

Yikes!

Reactions: stols001

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I barely know what tungsten IS let alone how it vapes. If you haven't been able to find tungsten wire for vaping OR prebuilt coils made out of it, I do wonder if it's even safe for vaping. I did a quick search and didn't find anything definitive on it.
I'd proceed with caution, if at all. Plenty of other wires safe for TC vaping...
Anna

FWIW, I'm not positive that it's Dicodes (I think it is), but I've read specs for a TC mod that had Tungsten as an option in the native menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread