The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Turning Hybrid top cap (Mech Tube) to 510

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by elliot819, Dec 8, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. elliot819

elliot819 New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Hi,

I tried to search for a thread about this issue but didn't find anything (sorry if this has already been asked)

I recently bought a Hybrid Mech Tube and wanted to add a 510 connector on top.

Would adding a 510 connector like this one work ?

Thank you in advance for your answers !

Attached Files:

2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,

A true hybrid is designed to use the 20X threading of the tube to attach/secure the matching topper.
    What did you buy? Brand/model?
    What will you be using as a topper?
    How are you building the topper?
    Can you post a photo?

Where are you located?
    Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    You could add a heatsink adapter. Its basically a 510 connector with male and female ends on either side.

The connector pic you attached is for building a mod. It could be made to work, but only if you have access to a drill press and thread tap. At that point the effort outweighs the effect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. elliot819

elliot819 New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Thanks guys for your answers.
    @Dougiestyle I also bought a heatsink just in case, guess I'm going to use that instead.
    @Izan I'm new to hybrid mech mods, I just bought a Comp Lyfe Battle Field Clone (18650) and a Magnum Saw Clone as well (20700). The battle field has no topper but the Magnum Saw has. Guess that if I need to modify completly those mods it's not worth it and it would be easier to use a heat sink.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Both of those tubes are hybrid style, they are actually just pin less 510/direct battery connection devices or faux hybrids.
    As long as the center post of the heat sink is fixed/non adjustable it should work fine.
    Please confirm that the 510 center post of the heat sink (OR ANY TOPPER) extends at least 1mm beyond the outer 510 threads.
    510-connection-pin-550x329.jpg
    (8) A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod | E-Cigarette Forum

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. elliot819

elliot819 New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    My RDAs 510 pins are actually protruding so I should be fine, still waiting on the heatsink to arrive @Izan

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.