Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
Because the center pin sits much lower when using the CT\AVS. You would have to shorten the center pin in order for it to work. est bet would be to buy a spare center pin and shorten it to work with the adapter. Or do what someone else hs done and take a brass nail with the same diameter and cut it to length. Don't forget to put a slot in it for air flow ;)

Why do you think that? not being a jerk I just want to know. :)

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
Correction

Actually, that still would not work as the pin does not get recessed as far into the bottom of the CT/AVS as it does for the CT/UFS. The depth of bottom of the CT for the AVS is 0.145" the depth of the bottom of the CT for the UFS is 0.2225". You wouldn't even be able to thread the adapter onto the CT for the AVS. The center pin wont allow it

Because the center pin sits much lower when using the CT\AVS. You would have to shorten the center pin in order for it to work. est bet would be to buy a spare center pin and shorten it to work with the adapter. Or do what someone else hs done and take a brass nail with the same diameter and cut it to length. Don't forget to put a slot in it for air flow ;)

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I'm obviously not understanding this thread. The UFS already fits on the GGTS. Why would you need an adapter? Or why would you want to attach a UFS (which has a CT) onto another CT?

EDIT: I understand the thread as it relates to attaching the UFS to a non-GGTS device, just not the UFS --> GGTS part.
If I undestand well, you want to know if adapter that donjohn made for UFS can be mounted on GGTS? I think yes because its a large Iatty. We can use GGTS rethreater and 901 to 510 adapter. But we will have 2 CT there

Lol, Yeah I guess its not very easy to understand, and what we are talking about really does not have much of a point at least part of it. We are talking about using this adapter on an Avs and on the the whole top portion of the ggts(collector tank). If this adapter could be used on the collection tank then you could esentially have adjustable airflow on other mods just like you could use the ufs on other mods. Just so I am sure that I am explaining it, we were talking about taking the whole collection tank off of the ggts, using this adapter to use the collection tank on other mods. I am sure it would not look very nice but just fun to talk about. Make sense now or no?

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Mine hasn't come yet either. Guess the post office in Virginia is a little quicker than here in North Carolina. Sometimes I think we still have pony express down here, haha. No, just kidding. I always get good service with USPS - actually usually better than with the package deliver companies.
Got mine, looks good.
2gselqd.jpg

Yakster

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Australia
Lol, Yeah I guess its not very easy to understand, and what we are talking about really does not have much of a point at least part of it. We are talking about using this adapter on an Avs and on the the whole top portion of the ggts(collector tank). If this adapter could be used on the collection tank then you could esentially have adjustable airflow on other mods just like you could use the ufs on other mods. Just so I am sure that I am explaining it, we were talking about taking the whole collection tank off of the ggts, using this adapter to use the collection tank on other mods. I am sure it would not look very nice but just fun to talk about. Make sense now or no?

What I think is being refered to is using the collection tank from the top of the GGTS on another mod if using a 510 atty. When using a 510 the center pin protudes a lot further into the "battery tube" of the ggts than when using a 901/rethreader. The telescoping of the GGTS avoids this issue. Not having used the rethreader myself but watching VaporKings vid's you can see the "extension" of the pin with different atty's.

From the above vid my guess is you should be able to use the UFS or GGTS tank/901 atty+rethreader with a 510 mod with this adapter.

Yak.
Yak,Bright,Early<-- Pick any TWO!!

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
What I think is being refered to is using the collection tank from the top of the GGTS on another mod if using a 510 atty. When using a 510 the center pin protudes a lot further into the "battery tube" of the ggts than when using a 901/rethreader. The telescoping of the GGTS avoids this issue. Not having used the rethreader myself but watching VaporKings vid's you can see the "extension" of the pin with different atty's.

From the above vid my guess is you should be able to use the UFS or GGTS tank/901 atty+rethreader with a 510 mod with this adapter.

Yak.
Yak,Bright,Early<-- Pick any TWO!!

Yes that is what we were talking about and you worded it much better. Good thinking on the rethreader and 901. I just set it up and it works perfectly, it does look crazy and is very top heavy especially on the aluminum mod that I have it on but it works none the less. Here it is...

2nsrji9.jpg

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Got mine today. Thanks Siarek. WOW, EXCELLENT!!! UFS on top of Provari, cranked up to 4.4 volts with a 1.5 LR Cisco 510 and I've got the whole room fogged up. Makes me even more anxious to get the GGVV. Don't know how it could get any better but I know Imeo never disappoints. BTW, one added bonus. Have a friend who is a stamp collector and he's tickled to get the 2 Poland postage stamps.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Well, 4.4 volts didn't last for long. Started getting the E2 error message. Guess the Provari don't like that high of voltage with a 1.5 LR atty. So I backed it down to 3.9V and it's still wonderful.
Got mine today. Thanks Siarek. WOW, EXCELLENT!!! UFS on top of Provari, cranked up to 4.4 volts with a 1.5 LR Cisco 510 and I've got the whole room fogged up. Makes me even more anxious to get the GGVV. Don't know how it could get any better but I know Imeo never disappoints. BTW, one added bonus. Have a friend who is a stamp collector and he's tickled to get the 2 Poland postage stamps.

v2kjok3rz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Well, 4.4 volts didn't last for long. Started getting the E2 error message. Guess the Provari don't like that high of voltage with a 1.5 LR atty. So I backed it down to 3.9V and it's still wonderful.

downside to the Provari is it does not like 1.5ohm attys so you will get that error. Well you have a VV so get a SR atty or a 1.8-2.0ohm and crank it up =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread