Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Anyone else notice some other differences? Some where already listed and I may have missed others, but now that I received mine, I see a couple other subtle differences:
Already mentioned:
1. Comes with the top cap piece to allow any drip tip to be used.
2. Does not come with 510 extender.
3. Supposedly the threads are slightly different... hmmm they seem to be interchangeable.
4. SS connector.
5. Comes with both a clear and SS window /center piece. I like this.

Things I was not aware of:
1. The top cup/extension for full size mode (above the clear window) has an o-ring on it!!! This is a huge improvement. My UFSv1 does not have this and will seep around those threads.
2. The bottom cup is larger on the v2 vs. the v1. Looks like by about 1mm. This allows the Imeo mouthpiece to seat better. Now my plastic mouthpiece from my v1 works much better with the v2 then it did with my v1. On the v1, I was lucky to catch a couple threads, and bought the SS mouthpiece because I was worried about stripping the delrin one.

I happened to have the 510 atty extension from my AVS 510 connector. Since I only use my AVS for 901 atomizers now, this extension went in my UFSv2 when I put a 510 in it. Then Since I had purchased a SS tip for my UFSv2, I had my delrin tip to use with my UFSv2. I also had purchased the new top cap, SS window, and spare clear window for my v1. Now I have two complete UFS's in either short or regular mode, drip tip OR Imeo mouthpiece :p. Double fisted :vapor::vapor: and a 901 AVS for other occasions. Makes for nice drip free flavor changes :laugh:

Imeo, is there a good recommendation to help stop the seeping on my top cup joint? Perhaps a recommended o-ring size? I know I can put an o-ring there to stop it, and I have... but it shows. Is the top cup on the UFSv2 cut different for that o-ring? Or is it just a real skinny o-ring? I didn't take it off to try, as it is a pain and I am pretty good at tearing o-rings :lol:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
v2 has a seat cut into the tube for the gasket.....no so for the v1 so whatever you use it will show. Here's a 15mm x 1mm which is as good as it will get (unless you can find a .5mm gasket) since it's stretched thinner than 1mm. You could cut a gasket seat but I'm not sure that much showing is worth the work it would take to hide it completely.

gasket.jpg

Giulio

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Italy
v2 has a seat cut into the tube for the gasket.....no so for the v1 so whatever you use it will show. Here's a 15mm x 1mm which is as good as it will get (unless you can find a .5mm gasket) since it's stretched thinner than 1mm. You could cut a gasket seat but I'm not sure that much showing is worth the work it would take to hide it completely.

gasket.jpg

I replaced the o'ring with another finer and now closes all, without losses.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
rogers, sorry but I didnt really understand buddy

Imeo, is there a good recommendation to help stop the seeping on my top cup joint? Perhaps a recommended o-ring size? I know I can put an o-ring there to stop it, and I have... but it shows. Is the top cup on the UFSv2 cut different for that o-ring? Or is it just a real skinny o-ring? I didn't take it off to try, as it is a pain and I am pretty good at tearing o-rings

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Imeo, since you have cut and added an o-ring to the top cup piece for the UFSv2, I no longer get seeping. Do you have a recommendation on how to prevent it on UFSv1?

Looks like an o-ring will do it, but I cannot find one thin enough to allow the joint to close all the way. Maybe stretch one so it gets thinner :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I see rogers. Ok, the new extension (the piece after window) is thicker now so it allowed me to make a channel and put an o-ring there. For the UFS V1 you can put an o-ring inside the cap, to its bottom. Take an 21/1 or 22/1 (what ever it fits better) and push it to go inside the cap. It will stay there for ever and it will prevent any seeping. I left this small channel inside the cap, in case someone had this issue. Same applies to Iatty1.:)

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Hi,

Has anyone noticed a difference in the smoothness of the threads on V2 compared to V1. My juice control and air control on V2 are hard to turn and gritty feeling when I turn. V1 is smooth as glass. I put all parts through a half hour cleaning in the untrasonic and then put vasoline on all threads except plastic on V2 and still gritty and tough to turn. Is this the Controls themselves or what they are screwed onto or both? Trying to figure out what to have bruce send me as replacements.

Thanks,

Chris

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I see rogers. Ok, the new extension (the piece after window) is thicker now so it allowed me to make a channel and put an o-ring there. For the UFS V1 you can put an o-ring inside the cap, to its bottom. Take an 21/1 or 22/1 (what ever it fits better) and push it to go inside the cap. It will stay there for ever and it will prevent any seeping. I left this small channel inside the cap, in case someone had this issue. Same applies to Iatty1.:)

Dude, I need a sketch or something, I have no clue what you're talking about.......:confused::confused::confused:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Not a UFS difference, but one about threads and low number SSGGTS. I've noticed the telescopic tube and this tube have different threads than the new pieces. Wasn't there a thread about that somewhere?....searched but cannot locate.

GGTS_Top_Tube_4e813e229c03a_90x90.jpg

The UFSv2 doesn't seat completely on the low number SSGGTS but does on the new top tube in the picture. Same fit with the telescopic tube.

I probably just confused everyone....lol

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Here ya go.....

ufstop.jpg

Gasket goes inside the top cap of the UFS and seats against the edge of the piece below it

OK, I get it now -- do the same to an Iatty, too? What the heck, I'll try it -- but I never had an Iatty leak problem.....:)

Not a UFS difference, but one about threads and low number SSGGTS. I've noticed the telescopic tube and this tube have different threads than the new pieces. Wasn't there a thread about that somewhere?....searched but cannot locate.

GGTS_Top_Tube_4e813e229c03a_90x90.jpg

The UFSv2 doesn't seat completely on the low number SSGGTS but does on the new top tube in the picture. Same fit with the telescopic tube.

I probably just confused everyone....lol

Yes, the low numbers meant that the tubes were slightly different and you had to tell Bruce and he would send you replacements, I should have 3 pairs on their way to me -- I hope!!!:laugh:

Giulio

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Italy
Hi,

Has anyone noticed a difference in the smoothness of the threads on V2 compared to V1. My juice control and air control on V2 are hard to turn and gritty feeling when I turn. V1 is smooth as glass. I put all parts through a half hour cleaning in the untrasonic and then put vasoline on all threads except plastic on V2 and still gritty and tough to turn. Is this the Controls themselves or what they are screwed onto or both? Trying to figure out what to have bruce send me as replacements.

Thanks,

Chris

Yep, my juice control is hard and the air control is very soft. Let it do some running using Vaseline

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia

Thanks Imeo. I understand :) And of course thanks Para for the pics, worth 1000 words.I some on hand and will give it a try in a few...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread