• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UK Regulation of E-Cigs - Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Ay Up Everyone,

Please sign up to stop E-Cigs being lumped in with smoking or NRT. vaping is a smoking replacement for most - it is NOT smoking as it is not lit and does not contain tobacco.

UK regulation of electronic cigarettes Petition

Rusty

Who is trying to lump E-cigs in with smoking and NRT in the UK ?
Has someone made some sort of statement to that effect, 'cause if so tell us who and supply us with a link to the Statement or story.

Last edited:

Rusty

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Yorkshire, England
camvip.webs.com
At work today, I mentioned the developments of 1st Feb and the petition.

My work colleagues have agreed to sign the petition as they have seen how vaping has improved my health, productivity and smell
wink.gif

It is now time to get anyone who has seen a change for the better in us to sign the petition. This can be family, friends, work colleagues, doctors, nurses, postal workers, landlords of our local hostalries, ice cream vendors, grocers, bakers and candlestick makers,,,,,the list is endless
smile.gif

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Posted this in the main forum yesterday

Download this pdf http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/idcplg?I...LatestReleased from MLXs: Medicines consultation letters : MHRA
and get as many people especially Doctors if possible to respond.(mine is going to write about my condition ) The more professional people the better but every Vaper in the UK should do it straight away then work through your friends. Talk to your MP's. Remember there is an Election coming up. It cannot be a Medicine if it's in an E-Cig and and a recreational drug if it's in a Cigarette. That is Insanity and Hypocritical to say the least.
This is what it says

"This consultation seeks your views on whether to bring all nicotine containing products (NCPs) – with the exception of tobacco and tobacco products - within the medicines licensing regime. This would require all currently unlicensed NCPs on the market, such as electronic cigarettes containing nicotine and nicotine gels, to apply to the MHRA for a medicines Marketing Authorisation (MA).
The deadline for comments is 4 May 2010. "
Response form for MLX 364

PS. Try not to swear at them in your reply.
I also suggest that all UK Supplier's go through their mailing lists and E-mail them with this information as they don't all red these boards.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Posted this in the main forum yesterday
I can't find the above... has it got buried under tons of new posts?

There's very little about it that's immediately obvious on ECF. I've just had a look to see if I can find anything about it, but had to hunt deep to find it here and somewhere in the Campaigning forum. None of the UK suppliers have posted about it in the supplier forums; they're probably too busy posting about it on their own forums (for those who have one). Not all UK members look at the ECF supplier forums, or at the Campaigning forums (mostly as they're all about the USA), or even here (or else I'd have thought we'd get more posts). Not all UK ECF members necessarily go to other forums. Therefore, there might be many Brits who have no idea of what's happening. So I feel it needs to be somewhere far more visible to everyone on ECF, and then bumped daily with replies to keep it visible.

SJ's a Brit, does he himself know about it? If so, might he consider putting one of those messages at the top of each page linking to a topic about it, same as he did about the plea re the FDA at the time? If not (as perhaps he's too busy with the ECF to have heard about it - and as it was Kate, after all, who I think initially brought it to many of our attentions elsewhere, so SJ might not be reading there where she posts - those of you who've been here long enough will know what I'm talking about) - should he not be informed of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread