UltraFire 18650's 3000Mah Unrealiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I've got 2 ultra fire 3000,'s and 2 ultrafire 3600,'s and they all work great. They hold a long charge, fire my atties beautiful, and give me vapor like a fire extinguisher. So don't theorize unless you have first hand experience. I'll be buying some more of them as well.
That's called anecdotal evidence, which is useless. The folks that actually test such things would not agree with your glowing comparisons of those UF's.

Li-ion_186502atests.gif

Your "vapor like a fire extinguisher" cells don't even make it to 1800mAh before falling to a basically un-vapable 3.2V. I usually re-charge once my 18650's drop to about 3.4V, which for your UF's means about 1400mAh of decent vape time.

mdocod

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Colorado
There is perfect logical sense to this and has nothing to do with a gut feeling or reaction comparing 2 products that are very similar. In this case, you are comparing 2 very different products. One is designed to sustain higher voltage into higher loads for a shorter period of time, the other designed to last a long time regardless of voltage sag. (well, I would argue that anything with the ultrafire name is designed to be sold at a really low price regardless of performance but that's a different argument in play all together).

The IMR cell keeps you above a threshold of performance that you desire for a longer period of time than the LiCo cell. This is not surprising. Generally speaking, IMR cells hold a flatter discharge in many comparisons, even though that don't actually have as much capacity. The ultrafire LiCo cells may very well have more available capacity, but you are probably dropping below the voltage you desire for good vaping earlier on the ultrafire cells.

I use little IMR14500s for my PV. I can get a whole day out of one just fine, but when I'm drinking beers in the evening, often here on front of my computer, my craving for large hits and vapor density increases. I may swap the cell out several times through the evening so that I can get all my hits from the top of the charge of these cells. Nice thing about having a Pila IBC, I can feel comfortable leaving a cell or 2 on the charger all the time with no worry about overcharge or danger.

Eric

Yes, I know, anecdotal, schmanicdotal, but would this explain why a AW IMR 18650 1600 mah will get me through a whole day of LR510 vaping when the Ultrafire 18650 seems to poop out, despite being almost twice the mah?

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
Its just strange that I see so many people talking about how thier ultrafires dont work good, I vape with a 1.5 ohm Joye 510 and 1 battery in a copper mod I made, and I chain vape this thing all day long and even the 3000 mah batteries last me 4-5 days, never mind the 3600's those things last me a week before they even show a sign of not hitting well. 1400 mah of vape time? IF YOU SAY SO LOL

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
All I am saying is my 3600mah 18650's last a week i've got 2 of them and I took notice of when I had to charge them. I also have 2 3000 mah 18650's, and when I tell you then burn for 4-5 days, thats absolutely true. I am home all day, and I vape like a fiend when I'm sitting here in front of the computer. I buy bobas bounty in the 18ml bottles at 24 mg, and cut it with pure vg 24 mg nic juice, so I double my amount at the same time keeping the nic level the same. I vapevapevape and I haven't had any issues with the batteries at all. And no I only charge the 3600's twice a month because I have 2 of them :)

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Woke up this morning at 6:30am and found my Ultrafire 18650, 3000mah still charging from 4pm yesterday, it was HOT and I immediately pulled it out of the charger. Waited a half hour and measured 4.07 volts. It was on an Ultrafire WF-139 charger that from what I have read is problematic with overcharging. I've charged them several times on a TR-001 Trustfire several times with no problem coming off the charger at 4.17v and cool to the touch. Maybe it's not the battery but the charger that is giving the UltaFire batteries a bad rap.

Cigarbabe, what charger were you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread