Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Wow! That was really nice of the Alpha company to stand behind their product! I'm praying that this doesn't happen to mine. From the photo, it almost looked like something that can be wiped off, but I believe you when you say you can't. I took the cape cod cloth to mine for the first time last night & damn this thing is shining so much it could blind ya!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Wow! That was really nice of the Alpha company to stand behind their product! I'm praying that this doesn't happen to mine. From the photo, it almost looked like something that can be wiped off, but I believe you when you say you can't. I took the cape cod cloth to mine for the first time last night & damn this thing is shining so much it could blind ya!

Yes the warranty stands strong, whether its through us or Apex Vapor, one or the other will get you taken care of. And yes the cape cod polishing cloth really does wonders, I forgot how brand spankin new they can look with just a few minutes with that cloth.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I showed this to my husband. He is pretty smart about these things....... He said the only thing that would eat this metal (nickle) is acid........maybe from your fingers. I told him that our fingers really don't touch this part. So he says it's gotta be the juice.....& if it's the juice, then what is it doing to the inside of our bodies?

I understand that each juice may have a different PH........I'm a little worried now.
Halo is a high end, expensive juice (I vape their menthol), however JB has refused to release their "exact ingredients & mixture" because another company may "copy" it. I've always thought that was BS............now i'm really wondering about Halo's juice.

ChristianC

Jul 22, 2011
Philippines
Yes the warranty stands strong, whether its through us or Apex Vapor, one or the other will get you taken care of. And yes the cape cod polishing cloth really does wonders, I forgot how brand spankin new they can look with just a few minutes with that cloth.

WOW! you have a point there. its true something like than can only be done by acid. now you got me all worried. is there a thorough study on VG and PG and other ingridients they put on E-juice?

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Yes there are studies. I'm not necessarily worried about vg/pg or nicotine.........it's the flavoring & coloring that has me bothered & it has for a long while. Perfumers (Flavors) Apprentice has paid to get numerous studies done regarding their flavorings.

What you need to realize is that just because a flavor is "food grade".......it doesn't necessarily mean that it's vape/respiratory grade. Digestion is an entirely different process than inhaling something directly into the lungs. PG is used as a carrier in many inhaled medications here in the USA (albuterol, atrovent, racemic epinephrine, etc)

I'll never forget the first bottle of watermelon juice I got in the mail. Sure, it tasted sweet.........but um, that hot pink color is not naturally existent in nature, so I probably shouldn't inhale whatever chemical is used to create hot pink (as much as I love pink)

7.35-7.45 is a neutral PH...........anything less than 7.35 is technically acidic, so if any of the juices you vape are a lower PH than that, they are technically an acid. hmmmmmmm.........I could probably find some of that little paper on a roll at work & test out some of my juice. I forget the name, I'm thinking it's litmus paper.

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
One thing that may have an effect on your device is salt. If you live by salt water the salt in the air can corrode nickel plating. The coast guard used to nickel plate their shotguns until they started corroding really bad. Then they switched to chrome and the salt still corroded them badly. Now they use some special material that is virtually corroding free. So that is a possibility if you live close to the sea.

On another note, thats why we make our liquid the way we do. We use only the purest ingredients and no chemicals. (We aren't afraid to tell you exactly what is in our liquid). That's why we have a chemistry professor develop our recipe and make our liquid. He absolutely will not allow anything into our liquid that he is not 100% positive has no harm on the human body. We figure you use e-cigs because you don't want to smoke analogs anymore, so why quit using one poison just to start using another? I would highly suggest trying some of our ULTRApure if you are worried about what's in the juice you are currently vaping, plus its delicious.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
That is also exactly right. Just because something can be digested does not mean it can be inhaled. That is two totally different body systems that do two totally different things. There is no proof that it is bad for you, but there is also not proof that it isn't, which is why we will absolutely not use any candy oils in our liquid.

Xiox

Apr 18, 2009
United Kingdom
All this gets me a little worried - I got my first try on Halo eliquid yesterday after the nice blue bottle arrived after a long journey from Ireland. And I must say this is one of the best juices I ever tried performance as well as flavour wise. It would be a real shame if I cannot use it on my new Alpha but I cannot let some weird component of the eliquid to corrode (is this even the right term?) such a nice shiny device.

Rwilliams112

Jun 7, 2011
Indiana
Well I just talked to Mark and he said that warranty issues that have to do with corrosion like you are experiencing has to be dealt with Apex Vapor directly, there is nothing InnoVapor can do about it. Email info@apexvapor.com and they will handle your warranty issue. You can also PM N8T as he the engineer behind the Alphas.
I sent an email to this address a week ago and I haven't heard anything back, is there another address that I need to send to regarding warranty issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread