UmbaVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
My main vape is a mixture of 555 and RY4 from aromaejuice - both are really clear. I'm not sure that is a sign of anything. I find them 'effective'.

I ordered 'sticky' from umba a day or two ago. I am optimistic. The NET's I vape are generally much darker - currently 'analog blend' and 'natural cavendish'.
I received mine a while ago. I really like sticky. Its one of the better "RY4's" i think. Good enough that I got another 300ml (its sooo cheap).
Their unflavoured WTA called Pure isn't bad (after a good steep), but not as good as Aroma's. Their "True" tastes just plain bad to me. It has a bacon aroma that just won't fade with steeping. I've got 60ml, but don't think i'll get myself so far to try again soon....:confused:
As to their WTA...I remember Dvap's (the man that originally made WTA) description of a well made WTA....it should present a clean and bold woody/honey tone to the throat and nose. Umba's WTA does not do that for me. It tastes different...not bad, just different. Aroma's WTA smacks of that woody/honey tone.
As for Umba WTA effectiveness...well it works for me. I get the satisfaction feeling from both. That presents a problem to me. I love the taste of Aroma but Umba is more affordable...:cry:

Last edited:

Lowjumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
Union Mills NC
Well I'm glad, your getting your orders, unlike me:cry:!
I ordered 120ml of taste maker in early December, after reading this post, 3 weeks later I got my package of 30ml of taste maker:grr:WTF.
Now 3 weeks later and still no order :censored: other than sending them reminders every so often I wont be dealing with them any longer:-x life's to short!

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Have you spoken to Ben? I emailed him a few times with questions I had, and he responded quickly...said they have a massive amount of orders to work through. They are a small company so I do my best to understand their dilemma.
*edit* I have the same thing happening now with Aroma. My order is 10 days overdue. Jerry has promised to look into it, so all I can do is trust and wait.
Its the nature of the beast I suppose. These things can/do happen with online buying...

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
FYI - Umba and Om were (are) the same company. They have the exact same address and suite number. Not impressed with Om but they also have WTA. I ordered once and they were very slow processing and shipping order out because they run a lot of promos. it took 3 weeks to receive my order so order well ahead.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah i'm back and forth about this whole WTA thing...
I'm still not convinced about Umba WTA. Its not as bad as MM for instance, but also not as good as Aroma.
That leaves me with only one answer...its cheaper because it's of a lesser grade. How much lesser is the question. We know ziltch about WTA, so how do we know what the hell we're buying? The effect is so subtle that its difficult to "class" it..
The only standard we have is the one that has been set by Dvap about its taste...woody/honey ish.
I've got orders coming in from both, and plan to detox myself properly of WTA, then test the one against the other. It will take some time because I have to cleanse myself in between to...I just have to know what I'm up against...:p

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Now 3 weeks later and still no order :censored: other than sending them reminders every so often I wont be dealing with them any longer:-x life's to short!

I enjoy WTA...and keep a set-up with WTA-ejuice in my "rotation" of 4-5 other set-ups with nicotine (which I also enjoy) ejuice...alternating based on what I feel like vaping at the moment...

I've ordered from Aroma a number of times...but after seeing Umba mentioned in another thread by @stols001 ...decided to, at least, try some of their WTA...

Has anyone else heard of any ordering/delivery/customer service hassles with Umba???

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
worst juice i have ever vaped. smells like dirt. literally.

i always got my wta from aroma ejuice. that is some good stuff.
and i thought the cheaper price tag on umba would be worth checking it out... uh no.

i even bought some flavored juices with the wta to give a try. nope. awful.

if looking for good wta. go to aroma ejuice. if you are happy with umba wta don't go to aroma because you'll never be able to go back.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
worst juice i have ever vaped. smells like dirt. literally.

i always got my wta from aroma ejuice. that is some good stuff.
and i thought the cheaper price tag on umba would be worth checking it out... uh no.

I hate to hear it, but I'm hoping your experience is not the norm. I've got a bottle of "Pure" WTA ordered. I'm not freaking out yet, but I ordered on the 4th and it hasn't shipped yet. I guess we'll see.
Charles

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have vaped both umbavape and aroma WTA. Factoring in cost, I'd say Umbavape is effective enough for me, although when I was in the throes of quitting, that is when I used Aroma's ejuice, so I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison. I find my umbavape to be colorless, almost odorless, but effective. I don't know what process they use compared to Aroma, and I guess it's unlikely I'll find out, but they are both good makers who have their strengths and weaknesses, I'd say.

Anna

Reactions: tgs3

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered had i not had aroma's first.
side by side comparison is ridiculous.

I can see maybe mixing it with some coffee, or heavy bakery type flavor might work.

but as a stand alone.. shew.

I can vape aroma's with no flavoring, or easily drop a few drops in a tank and i'm good.

i just thought i'd mention, the quality difference. Some people may not care as much on cost as they do quality.
it really does smell like dirt though. but it was cheap as dirt too.. hahaha..

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I don't know what process they use compared to Aroma, and I guess it's unlikely I'll find out, but they are both good makers who have their strengths and weaknesses, I'd say.

On the UmbaVape site: "Our WTAs are treated to remove nitrosamines...TSNAs are the only known carcinogens that may be present in WTA e-liquid...Umba's WTAs are tested using an accredited and independent lab for the presence of carcinogenic tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNAs). We ensure that virtually no TSNAs are present before sending them out to customers."

Aroma has nothing on their site about TSNAs...when I asked about them in an Aroma thread the owned posted: "most eliquids do have trace amounts of TSNA's if they claim they are free of them they are sending you "snake oil". How tobacco is procured along with the real extraction of WTA there will be trace amounts of TSNA's, but nothing like you would see in comparison to just one cigarette."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread