The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

UmbaVape

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Fredman1, Dec 13, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    Hence, one of those "cheap labour" countries... lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I received mine a while ago. I really like sticky. Its one of the better "RY4's" i think. Good enough that I got another 300ml (its sooo cheap).
    Their unflavoured WTA called Pure isn't bad (after a good steep), but not as good as Aroma's. Their "True" tastes just plain bad to me. It has a bacon aroma that just won't fade with steeping. I've got 60ml, but don't think i'll get myself so far to try again soon....:confused:
    As to their WTA...I remember Dvap's (the man that originally made WTA) description of a well made WTA....it should present a clean and bold woody/honey tone to the throat and nose. Umba's WTA does not do that for me. It tastes different...not bad, just different. Aroma's WTA smacks of that woody/honey tone.
    As for Umba WTA effectiveness...well it works for me. I get the satisfaction feeling from both. That presents a problem to me. I love the taste of Aroma but Umba is more affordable...:cry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lowjumper

Lowjumper Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2015
    Union Mills NC
    Well I'm glad, your getting your orders, unlike me:cry:!
    I ordered 120ml of taste maker in early December, after reading this post, 3 weeks later I got my package of 30ml of taste maker:grr:....
    Now 3 weeks later and still no order :censored: other than sending them reminders every so often I wont be dealing with them any longer:-x life's to short!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Have you spoken to Ben? I emailed him a few times with questions I had, and he responded quickly...said they have a massive amount of orders to work through. They are a small company so I do my best to understand their dilemma.
    *edit* I have the same thing happening now with Aroma. My order is 10 days overdue. Jerry has promised to look into it, so all I can do is trust and wait.
    Its the nature of the beast I suppose. These things can/do happen with online buying...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Undoubtedly the best WTA tobacco vape for me so far is Tobacco road from Aroma. I plan to try their RY 4 sometime soon.

• Like Like x 4
  6. chellie

chellie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    FYI - Umba and Om were (are) the same company. They have the exact same address and suite number. Not impressed with Om but they also have WTA. I ordered once and they were very slow processing and shipping order out because they run a lot of promos. it took 3 weeks to receive my order so order well ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah i'm back and forth about this whole WTA thing...
    I'm still not convinced about Umba WTA. Its not as bad as MM for instance, but also not as good as Aroma.
    That leaves me with only one answer...its cheaper because it's of a lesser grade. How much lesser is the question. We know ziltch about WTA, so how do we know what the hell we're buying? The effect is so subtle that its difficult to "class" it..
    The only standard we have is the one that has been set by Dvap about its taste...woody/honey ish.
    I've got orders coming in from both, and plan to detox myself properly of WTA, then test the one against the other. It will take some time because I have to cleanse myself in between to...I just have to know what I'm up against...:p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. crammit442

crammit442 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Anyone have a current valid coupon code? Thanks.
    Charles

• Like Like x 1
  9. tgs3

tgs3 Senior Member

Supporting member
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have been vaping 'Sticky' from umba for the last two days. It is pretty good and as was said, the price is right. I will buy it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Bump for a current coupon code. I'd really like to try some of the WTA, but I'd like to try it at the discounts mentioned earlier in this thread. Thanks.
    Charles

• Like Like x 1
  11. Possum64

Possum64 Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey Charles! Check your Profile posts. I sent you a message.
    Hopefully it may help.
    Catherine

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. gerrymi

gerrymi Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I enjoy WTA...and keep a set-up with WTA-ejuice in my "rotation" of 4-5 other set-ups with nicotine (which I also enjoy) ejuice...alternating based on what I feel like vaping at the moment...

I've ordered from Aroma a number of times...but after seeing Umba mentioned in another thread by @stols001 ...decided to, at least, try some of their WTA...

Has anyone else heard of any ordering/delivery/customer service hassles with Umba???

• Like Like x 2
  13. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Feb. 7 2017...from a now closed "WTA thread"...about Umba...

WTA Liquids

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    My second, larger order from Umba took longer to arrive, but I think it was in the middle of a large sale. It wasn't a ridiculously long wait, but it wasn't super speedy, either.

Anna

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What she said :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    worst juice i have ever vaped. smells like dirt. literally.

i always got my wta from aroma ejuice. that is some good stuff.
    and i thought the cheaper price tag on umba would be worth checking it out... uh no.

i even bought some flavored juices with the wta to give a try. nope. awful.

if looking for good wta. go to aroma ejuice. if you are happy with umba wta don't go to aroma because you'll never be able to go back.

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    I hate to hear it, but I'm hoping your experience is not the norm. I've got a bottle of "Pure" WTA ordered. I'm not freaking out yet, but I ordered on the 4th and it hasn't shipped yet. I guess we'll see.
    Charles

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I have vaped both umbavape and aroma WTA. Factoring in cost, I'd say Umbavape is effective enough for me, although when I was in the throes of quitting, that is when I used Aroma's ejuice, so I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison. I find my umbavape to be colorless, almost odorless, but effective. I don't know what process they use compared to Aroma, and I guess it's unlikely I'll find out, but they are both good makers who have their strengths and weaknesses, I'd say.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered had i not had aroma's first.
    side by side comparison is ridiculous.

I can see maybe mixing it with some coffee, or heavy bakery type flavor might work.

but as a stand alone.. shew.

I can vape aroma's with no flavoring, or easily drop a few drops in a tank and i'm good.

i just thought i'd mention, the quality difference. Some people may not care as much on cost as they do quality.
    it really does smell like dirt though. but it was cheap as dirt too.. hahaha..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    On the UmbaVape site: "Our WTAs are treated to remove nitrosamines...TSNAs are the only known carcinogens that may be present in WTA e-liquid...Umba's WTAs are tested using an accredited and independent lab for the presence of carcinogenic tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNAs). We ensure that virtually no TSNAs are present before sending them out to customers."

Aroma has nothing on their site about TSNAs...when I asked about them in an Aroma thread the owned posted: "most eliquids do have trace amounts of TSNA's if they claim they are free of them they are sending you "snake oil". How tobacco is procured along with the real extraction of WTA there will be trace amounts of TSNA's, but nothing like you would see in comparison to just one cigarette."

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2