UmbaVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I ordered from Umba on the 12th. Checked today and the ordered has not yet shipped. They sent my first order in a pretty timely fashion. Don't think that will happen this time.

I sent an email asking that if my order placed on 2/4 couldn't ship yesterday to please refund my card. I got a "shipping label created" email last night. If it changes to a live tracking # by Monday, I'll be alright.
Charles

P.S. I was able to get Om (Umba sister company) on the phone yesterday. Really helpful guy. Lots of WTA info. Assuming they're equal quality, Om is a good bit better deal than Umba using the DIY50 code.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I sent an email asking that if my order placed on 2/4 couldn't ship yesterday to please refund my card. I got a "shipping label created" email last night. If it changes to a live tracking # by Monday, I'll be alright.
Charles

P.S. I was able to get Om (Umba sister company) on the phone yesterday. Really helpful guy. Lots of WTA info. Assuming they're equal quality, Om is a good bit better deal than Umba using the DIY50 code.

Any chance of getting that code?

Reactions: stols001

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I tried with 'DIY50' and got an invalid coupon message.

I initially got the same message as well. It turns out that because when I registered, I selected the military/veteran discount (10%). The DIY50 code wasn't valid because it would be coupon "stacking". I called and they removed my military/veteran discount status do I could use the larger DIY50 (50%) code instead. If that's the issue, you may be able to go into your acct and change it yourself. Hope that helps.
Charles

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Is anyone receiving recently placed Umba orders or getting any shipping notifications?

I decided to try UmbaVape's WTA...and placed my first order with them on Sun. 2/11. Since I just wanted to "sample" them...I only ordered 30ml. of TasteMaker (unflavored 24mg.WTA-their maximum) and 30ml. of The Blends (flavored 12mg.WTA-their maximum)...

The order arrived Fri. 2/16...

I received an "order confirmed" email...a "shipping confirmation" email...a "order is on the way" email...an "out for delivery" email...and a "has been delivered" email...

I'm currently vaping my first tank of "Forest Berries"...it's quite tasty...and even though it's only 12mg.WTA (I've previously only vaped Aroma's 24mg.WTA)...I definitely can "feel" the WTA...:thumbs:

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Thankfully, my tracking number is active and my order is at my local post office waiting for the bureaucrats to go back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to playing with my first squonk mod and trying WTA. Hopefully everything will be as wondrous as promised.
Charles
P.S. It would be helpful in my quest to buy more stuff if someone would go to the classifieds and purchase my items for sale!:)

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Hopefully everything will be as wondrous as promised.

Well cram...you can use the WTA, of course, anyway you want...

(I know many just add it to their usual Nicotine ejuice.)

Me...in my current rotation...I have 4 set-ups filled with my usual Nicotine-6mg. ejuice and 1 set-up filled with Aroma's WTA-24mg. ejuice...then I vape whatever I feel like vaping at the moment...

(For me...Nicotine mg.'s are quite different from WTA mg.'s...when I increase my Nicotine from 6mg. to 9mg. I get nauseous, etc....but when I vape WTA-24mg. the only effect I feel is increased mental clarity and contentment.)

[Of course, my 4 Nicotine set-ups : 1 WTA set-up ratio may change after I've given the UmbaVape WTA a fair trial...given that Aroma's WTA is $24/30ml. vs. UmbaVape's $9.99/30ml. or $29.99/120ml.]

Last edited:

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
The plot thickens slightly. I did receive my order yesterday. I excitedly opened the bottle. It definitely has a smoky, almost ashy scent. I tried a couple of drops on my freshly soaked RDA wick and got a really unpleasant taste (to me). Very much like a cigarette, but a bit stale tasting. After looking more closely at the bottle, I realized I'd received their "True" flavored WTA instead of the unflavored "Pure" WTA I ordered. On a positive note, I sent Ben an email and he's sending me a replacement. He responded w/in a few hours so Ben and Umba do appear to actually care about customer satisfaction. I'm looking forward to giving the unflavored version a try. Hopefully it'll scratch the itch.
Chsrles

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Update. After a number of snags and mis communications, I'm happy to say that Umba and Ben in particular have gone out of their way to make sure my order was made right (and then some). I've only just briefly tried their "Pure" WTA and it's much more in line w/what I was hoping for. Their "True" WTA definitely wasn't for me, but I think I'm going to like Umba True. I wasn't sure how my experience w/Umba was going to work out, but in the end I'm more than pleased and I'm impressed with the personal level of concern that Ben/Umba has for their customers. Thanks!
Charles

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Makes sense, to me, cram...

TM "TRUE" = Tobacco WTA

TM "PURE" = Unflavored WTA

Since the first bottle of e-juice I bought over 4 years ago...I've never even thought of buying a Tobacco flavor...:shock:

TasteMaker - precision crafted WTA e-liquid

Since I quit smoking and started vaping in 2010, I've always gravitated towards liquids w/a tobacco base, but nothing that resembles the taste of an actual cigarette. All of my DIY's have a base tobacco blended with custards, cremes, butterscotch, coffee, etc. I've played around with some light fruit flavors as well. Sort of how Boba's Bounty is listed as a tobacco flavor, but most people get all kinds of different flavor notes w/it.
Charles

P.S. I mixed one part "True" 24 mg WTA to two parts 36 mg Boba's. So far, it's pleasant, but I'm not sure I'm really noticing the soothing benefits of WTA that everyone talk about. True doesn't have an over powering flavor. It's got a very subtle hint of tobacco and isn't offensive used straight in a dripper.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I mixed one part "True" 24 mg WTA to two parts 36 mg Boba's. So far, it's pleasant, but I'm not sure I'm really noticing the soothing benefits of WTA that everyone talk about.

Maybe...the 2 parts nicotine-36 mg. is "overwhelming" the 1 part WTA-24-mg. ???

Perhaps...try some WTA-24 mg. by itself...to see if you notice any WTA effects...

(Me, personally, in my "rotation" I have WTA-24 mg. in some tanks and nicotine-6 mg. in other tanks...and just vape whatever I "feel like" in the moment.)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Code for 50% off good until 3/30

WOW!!! Woulda...Coulda...Shoulda...visited this thread YESTERDAY...

But...I was too busy putting in an Umba WTA order ($52.96...to get the FREE shipping)...:shock:

(Received the order confirmation at 12:53 PM...and the shipping (tracking) confirmation at 4:19 PM.)

But...since everything in life is "relative"...I can't upset myself too much...since the same WTA order at Aroma would have been, at least, $138...

(Also...in reality, I "overpaid" $26...and if I'm EVER $26 away from poverty...I'm probably going to slip into poverty ANYWAY!!!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread