Unable to see Forums with FireFox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolslime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
I use FireFox (currently 14.0.1), and when viewing the Forum home, the list of forums are not displaying at all (all I get are "Mark Forums Read | View Forum Leaders" links, and the "What's Going On?" block of information. I have even disabled all of my installed plugins and extensions, and they still don't show. They do show in IE9 and Chrome.

The only error I receive is:
Code:
TypeError: YAHOO.plugin is undefined

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Out of curiosity, which site style skin are you using? I have found if I use "vB4 main - Tabbed" I get the same as you on the main forum page. In using any of the rest of the styles, I can see all the forums on the main forum page. Logging out and cleaning my cache do nothing to help this. I'm using Safari and before I got my mac I was using IE8 with the same results.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Out of curiosity, which site style skin are you using? I have found if I use "vB4 main - Tabbed" I get the same as you on the main forum page. In using any of the rest of the styles, I can see all the forums on the main forum page. Logging out and cleaning my cache do nothing to help this. I'm using Safari and before I got my mac I was using IE8 with the same results.

Thank you for this information sashwa. I'll pass this up and let the guy in charge of the forum templates know about this.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
You are welcome.

Another problem I've noticed is with the Kirsch templates. They use to fill my browser fully with little empty space on the sides. They now show much more empty space on the sides which is why I switched over to the vB4 main template. If you would like I could take some screen shots and post them so you can see what I mean. Just don't make fun of the large fonts I have to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread