Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Wait there's people who don't own a soldering iron? :eek:
Pretty sure if you look into your constitution you'll find it's mandatory.
I believe the language is the "Right to Bear Soldering Irons", not that it is mandatory...
As you may be aware, this has at times been misquoted as the "Right to Bare Soldering Irons" leading to erotic soldering Calendars, as well as unfortunate burn accidents. :pervy:
@Celt1, being that you are within the 30 day warranty window they (Element) should not give you any grief replacing your mod. I was not lucky dealing with Element or Lost Vapes for that matter. I was a returning customer but will no longer buy from Element.
Also not so sure how I feel about lost vape anymore either.
Hope they sort this out for you and make you a satisfied customer.
I really have to give all kudos to Evolv for my resolution
I'll let you guys know how it transpires, and thanks for the good thoughts :)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Well if I did have a multimeter, and saw a partially or totally dead contact set, then I would want to tear it down to find the bad connection. Of course that would void the ability to return it. Then I would have to buy a soldering iron set to repair it. Then I would need to go get my singed clumsy fingers bandaged. :censored:

The multimeter in the link below is all you need for ecig electronics - $5.99. I have several high grade meters I've collected over the years, but there's also 4 or 5 of the Harbor Freight cheapos in vehicles, the basement workshop, and upstairs in my workout and music rooms. I keep one in my ecig cabinet. They are cheap and they work fine for basic troubleshooting.
7 Function Digital Multimeter

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I did get a response from my email to Element Vapes. They approved an refund/exchange, and a pre-paid return shipping label. That was less than 24 hours for a response, so I am very pleased at this point. I have 14 days to return the ThinkVape Finder DNA75c, and hope to get a SMOK al85 Baby Alien I had already ordered from them soon (it shipped today).

That should allow me to have mod on hand before shipping the Finder for return. YAYYYY!:vapor:

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
All's well that ends well, I have a SMOK al85 Baby Alien and Lost Vape Paranormal DNA75c now, and the Think Vape Finder is regrettably shipping off for refund. They are very different mods of course, but I like both of them.

The Lil' Alien is a handy one battery and right now has the matching baby beast tank that came with it on top. Large trigger fired on one end and a big screen (particularly for the tiny mod size) on the side.

The Paranormal has a matte / satin silver frame, red leather and is wearing the wood side panels - a very handsome and classy combination in my opinion. Very solid quality construction, and love the DNA75c chip. A silver Siren 2 is sitting on it.

I'm a happy camper. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread