Unflavored WTA Reviews and Reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Here's a comparative image, the unflavored MM is on the left and some unflavored I made this past weekend with what is basically Aroma's procedure is on the right.

compare.jpg.jpg

As you can see, the MM stuff is far lighter than that really dark flavored stuff they posted on their site.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I'm vaping some absolutely amazing VS right now. I have a difficult time imagining vaping anything else.
It was 24mg. It was so intense I cut it, I regret that now. Should have kept it just the way it was. No no no, no pink elephants, just a divine combination of sharpness and smoothness to the point that I didn't feel worthy. I'm an idiot.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I got some Aroma E-juice a week ago, only tried a little. I must say it's the best tasting tobacco juice so far. The "nutty/earthy" taste seems to be absent in a lot of other vendors juices. For lack of a better word, they often taste "thin". I haven't noticed anypsychological effects yet, though.

Now, I just need to find the right setup (currently trying out various eGo tank and cigalike setups) and I'll be good to go.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
... Now, I just need to find the right setup (currently trying out various eGo tank and cigalike setups) and I'll be good to go.

Just drip it (-:

Absolute best way to enjoy it in my opinion FD.
I add about 8% to my daily maintenance vape which in turn is vaped in a variety of things but the real joy is dripping it straight from the blue bottle!

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
My question is...
Why is any unflavored WTA *any* particular color? From whence does color come?

Oh, was I supposed to answer this one? OK, here goes...

Most of these alkaloids tend to be on the clear side in their pure un-oxidized form. Very high quality tobacco is capable of making very light WTA because the overall amount of oxidation of the alkaloids is minimized. I've made WTA from some pretty sketchy tobaccos, and they invariably turn out notably darker (and somewhat harsher) than WTA made from fresh high quality tobacco. Plus, some of the alkaloids present might tend toward yellow or brown, even in their un-oxidized state.

In short, I believe it's all about oxidation. Even a really good light WTA will darken over time, just as a really clean 10% nicotine base will darken over time .

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
I got some Aroma E-Juice a week ago, only tried a little. I must say it's the best tasting tobacco juice so far. The "nutty/earthy" taste seems to be absent in a lot of other vendors juices. For lack of a better word, they often taste "thin". I haven't noticed any psychological effects yet, though.

I've been preaching pretty heavily lately on that "nutty/earthy" taste as the true essence of good WTA. It's warm and full and not a bit off-putting with an aftertaste that fades away like the final note of a brilliant symphony. Early on (4 and a half years ago), I got really lucky in that my method of making WTA brought out this great nutty flavor. I didn't always get it right, sometimes making unfortunate choices in the tobacco I used, but trial and error quickly led me to the fairly obvious (at least it's fairly obvious now) realization, great tobacco makes great WTA. There's more to it though than great tobacco, the best tobacco will suffer if the WTA processing method doesn't get everything right. Of course, the other vendors have their own methods and they have their devotees. Taste is personal, after all. I'm very gratified and proud of Jerry at Aroma that our many hours of discussions and experimentation since last July has has allowed Aroma to produce a WTA of a quality that rivals that of what I can produce. Biased as it might sound, Aroma's VS unflavored WTA is the standard against which all other unflavored WTA's must measure up.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Hehehe...

OK, not peanuts. :D

Hazelnuts!!!! I finally remembered. I have a bottle of Vapor Station's Frisco--nice tobacco with nutty undertones. I thought they used peanuts, but the description actually says "hazelnuts." It's their version of the 555--and they use Indian flavorings and nicotine, if I remember correctly.

So there. :p

Just read the description and reviews, damn that sounds awesome
doesn't say anything about Indian flavorings though?

what exactly is a 555?

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I got some Aroma E-Juice a week ago, only tried a little. I must say it's the best tasting tobacco juice so far. The "nutty/earthy" taste seems to be absent in a lot of other vendors juices. For lack of a better word, they often taste "thin". I haven't noticed anypsychological effects yet, though.

Now, I just need to find the right setup (currently trying out various eGo tank and cigalike setups) and I'll be good to go.

which flavors did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread