Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
How much better to you think the VS is versus the old stuff?

This from a post I made in this thread on the 16th of last month;

"That warm woody nutlike flavor is still there but as with the smell, I feel its presence is lighter then the previous non-VS batches.
While the flavor seems lighter, more subtle, it also seems, feels is a better word, feels fuller."

Having used the VS for a couple of weeks and then finishing the pre-VS bottle just last night the most in yer face difference for me is what I'm calling the "mouth feel".
Efficacy of the WTA's seems the same, but the sensation in the mouth and lungs is much more warm and pleasant with the VS.
How to describe..... mebbe like the difference 'tween a cotton blanket and a thick wool quilt. Both will keep ya warm but that quilt feels so much better.

Hmmmm, that's what I gots for now...........

baphomet68

Verified Member
couple questions about using WTA. It seems that the ratio of nicotine to the rest of the alkaloid spectrum in tobacco smoke is around 90 - 95% nicotine to 5 - 10% other alkaloids. So, w/equal strength Nic/WTA, you would mix 90 - 95% nic ejuice with 5 - 10% WTA? OTD posts he uses 8% as an all - day ratio of WTA. Am I getting this right?
and, are these WTA extractions pulling equal amounts of Anatabine, etc, &/or are the particular alkaloid ratios going to fluctuate batch to batch? Or maybe some extraction process are different in this? Love to know if anyone has answers, thanks.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
couple questions about using WTA. It seems that the ratio of nicotine to the rest of the alkaloid spectrum in tobacco smoke is around 90 - 95% nicotine to 5 - 10% other alkaloids. So, w/equal strength Nic/WTA, you would mix 90 - 95% nic ejuice with 5 - 10% WTA? OTD posts he uses 8% as an all - day ratio of WTA. Am I getting this right?
and, are these WTA extractions pulling equal amounts of Anatabine, etc, &/or are the particular alkaloid ratios going to fluctuate batch to batch? Or maybe some extraction process are different in this? Love to know if anyone has answers, thanks.
Aroma's extraction *includes* the nicotine as well as the minor alkaloids from the tobacco. The purified extraction is then added to VG then tested and titrated to reach the desired nicotine level. The ratio of nicotine to minor alkaloids and the ratio of the minor alkaloids amongst themselves is determined by the particular strain of tobacco. In Aroma's Unflavored VG WTA those ratios are determined by the strain. With Aroma's pre-flavored juices the ratio of minor alkaloids to nicotine may be slightly less because the extracted nicotine and minor alkaloids are added to juice which in some cases already contains nicotine, and the nicotine level is the determining factor in the strength of the juice. Those ratios can and do vary naturally from strain to strain, year to year, plant to plant, leaf to leaf. The curing method also plays a part.

Jerry has spent a considerable amount of time testing various strains of tobacco for safety, quality, consistency and yield.

I think if you speak to people with experience with WTA you'll find that absolute numbers are fairly meaningless. It boils down to whether it does the trick and you like it.

Last edited:

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
When you say clear, do mean that your liquid is colorless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, looks as colorless as straight VG does. Colorless is clear isn't it?? I know I didn't use the correct lab lingo, but really colorless didn't occur to me at the time.

Last edited:

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
I think you may want to clarify that this WTA with the chemical smell is NOT an Aroma product. Correct?

Yes Doug your correct, I was not referring to any Aroma product, it was kind of a carry over from a different thread, sorry for any confusion. Did you get your replacement yet?

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
The most recent data I've looked at was for a tobacco that had a 93/7 nicotine/minor alkaloid ratio. I've probably created a false sense of certainty with my overly-confident 95/5 figure I quoted in the past. It's going to vary according the tobacco, but not really by all that much.

The most important factors in making good WTA is selection of good source tobacco and a sound WTA production process. I've found that WTA batches made from various high quality source tobaccos are all similar to the point that any difference in taste is quite subtle and difficult to discern.

One thing that folks need to know about Aroma's tobacco selection is the Aroma only uses high quality whole leaf flue-cured virginia tobacco. He does not buy scrap or offal. The tobacco that Aroma uses is expensive and it's worth it. The midrib of each leaf is carefully removed and only the lamina is used in WTA production.

One aspect I've touched on in the past that is worth repeating here is that tobacco research over the past couple decades has come a long way in identifying the major contributor to TSNA production in the flue-curing process. Air cured tobacco (such as burley) will contain elevated TSNA levels relative to the minimal amount present in green tobacco leaf. Fire-cured tobaccos will contain similar elevated TSNA levels. Over the past couple decades, tens of thousands of flue-curing barns have been either built new or retrofitted with modern heater-exchangers. These heat exchangers vent the combustion gases (typically from propane or natural gas) without allowing these NOx containing gases to interact with the tobacco leaves in the curing barn. Historically, barns were "directly fired", that is the combustion gases were allowed to interact with the leaf, thus allowing the NOx in the combustion gases to interact with the tobacco leaf and drive up the TSNA levels. Modern indirect heating and the associated exclusion of the NOx containing combustion gases from the interior of the barn allows flue-curing to be achieved with TSNA levels on par with the low levels present in green tobacco leaf.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Just read the description and reviews, damn that sounds awesome
doesn't say anything about Indian flavorings though?

what exactly is a 555?

I'm certain that Vapor Station eliquids are based on Indian flavorings; Eric mentioned it in his subforum himself, but it was a long time ago. I don't know if it's stated anywhere on his website. Those flavors were very distinct from Chinese flavorings we were all using at the time.

555 is a Chinese tobacco eliquid with strong peanut undertone. Other juice makers are now making their own versions of the flavor. 555 (tobacco and peanuts) and RY4 (tobacco, vanilla and caramel) are two of the most popular eliquid flavors invented by Chinese chemists.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OK, I'm ready to share.

This VS eliquid is indeed very interesting--light amber color and hazelnutty/earthy/woody smell. More so than the previous WTA eliquids I had ordered from Aroma in the past--I tried Menthol, Honey Tobacco and unflavored (18 mg/ml). It's also very thick--almost like uncut VG. Somewhat difficult to work with.

I let it sit for a couple of days before trying to vape it. I just shook the bottle daily and sniffed. :)

On day three I decided to try it full strength--I just cut it with a little distilled water to make it a bit less viscous. I took four or five puffs and, honestly, it made me woozy. I am a low nic vaper, and I dislike pure VG, but I never thought that a 24 mg liquid would have such strong and immediate effect. With the other WTA's I had to vape for a while before that "feeling" hit me. This thing works more like snus--right away. Actually, I had a similar experience with snus once--I grabbed a portion that was way too potent for me. That was not a happy experience. :facepalm:

So on the following day I started experimenting with diluting the VS WTA with other, regular, high PG juices and with pure PG and pure VG (cut with about 10% distilled water). I used 12 mg RY4 and Liqua Cappuccino. I soon realized that I only needed about 20% of the WTA to get that feeling of relaxation and contentment, or whatever it is. However, my biggest surprise was the flavor, The VS turned those ho-hum eilquids into wonderful vapes. I have no idea how that is even possible. My RY4 from Apollo is OK--but with added WTA it turned into a lovely, well-rounded, deeply satisfying vape. Same thing with Cappuccino. I've never been able to find my dream vape--I don't even have an all day vape. Most flavors annoy me--some I tolerate, I like a few, but I've never loved an eliquid. Until now. It's subtle and yet rich and full with just a hint of natural sweetness. There's nothing ashy, fake, perfume-y or otherwise unpleasant about this flavor. And it has the ability to make other ejuices taste better. Go figure.

Congratulations, Jerry! This is the best WTA you've ever produced, at least in my opinion. It delivers the goods and it tastes heavenly. I've been vaping it, on and off, for several days now and it only gets better.

Now if you could only make a regular, non-WTA eliquid that tastes like that. :D

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
DVap's avatar is so fitting.
Jerry's WTA has always been good. Years of searching, learning, refining, tweaking, has made it great! One does not simply make WTA. The process is simple enough, but to do it right on a commercial scale requires an absolute commitment in time, energy and to improvement.

If you could only see the pride Jerry takes in this product!

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
There's nothing ashy, fake, perfume-y or otherwise unpleasant about this flavor. And it has the ability to make other ejuices taste better. Go figure.

This made my morning. Jerry and I worked very long and hard to turn an OK WTA into today's VS WTA. Makes me feel good when folks notice the results of all this work. :)

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
DVap's avatar is so fitting.
Jerry's WTA has always been good. Years of searching, learning, refining, tweaking, has made it great! One does not simply make WTA. The process is simple enough, but to do it right on a commercial scale requires an absolute commitment in time, energy and to improvement.

If you could only see the pride Jerry takes in this product!

Tasting is even better than seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread