Unhappy Noob Seeking Advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2matoskah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thomasville, NC, USA
I know, I may be opening a can of worms but....

On Feb 16, I bought a Blu Starter Kit and have not touched an analog since (yay!) BUT..... I was growing increasingly unhappy with the cartridges. They seemed to die out waaayyyy too quickly, the flavor and hit was too mild and they were costing a lot... I would order cart packs from blu and while waiting for them to be delivered, I was getting packs at Walgreens which is a 20 minute drive (gas is getting EXPENSIVE) and $15.95 per pack, with dud cartomizers and EMPTY cartomizers, even got one that had no air holes drilled once. So, I found information on how to refill blu carts which I have been doing since I got a Welcome to E-Smoking kit from Johnson Creek. I like their smoke juice but now I am finding that refilling the carts is getting very tedious. The carts still don't last long enough but at least the freshly filled carts taste better.

I am thinking about getting a tank style ecig. I like the size of the blu but am willing to comprimise on size a little to get a bit more time in between refills. Also, I don't want to spend a small fortune on another ecig system.... I already have TWO blu starter kits, one original and one premium (i like the premium recharging pack!!!!) and would love to find a tank system that I could use with my blu batteries, or a new ecig that would fit into my blu recharging pack. I love the convenience of on-the-go-charging and with a life filled with housework and chasing a 3 year old boy all over the house, simple is best for now.

I need something that is simple and quick to change out tanks or carts, refillable with my own juice and a little longer lasting. I am hoping that someone here with more experience can offer some pointers to help me make this decision. I don't want to end up feeling like I wasted money on another eCig and just go back to my blu.

To those eGo lovers, I have actually been thinking of an eGo-C but really want some good feedback on my options here. If eGo is really the best option out there, what makes it the best and how does it compare to the others out there?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Good news is once you find another system, get a few more posts under you belt, get verified, you can sell your old kits in the classified section to help in recouping some juice money. There is a thread to tell you how to get verified.

I'll just about bet you will get suggestions for KGo kits and Boge 2.0 Ohm carto's. Even the E-Power type system. I used 2 different eGo systems when i first started, and neither were the "C" system. I quickly went to carto's and then 3.5Ml tank & carto's. Now I use the REO Grand and a ProVari with atty's only. I just progressed past the norm quickly. Good luck to you. There is a wealth of information and helpful friendly people here.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I am an eGo lover who purchased an eGo-T and ditched the attys and tanks immediately for cartos and every other compatible part. So, my advice to you is definetly get an eGo kit but not the T kit. Maybe even the new C kit which is essentially the same as the T except the attys have changeable coil heads. Its a snap to have tanks prefilled and it takes literally 30 seconds to switch out tanks. I actually bought 1 C atty to try w my T kit and it works so well I'm considering buying 2 attys and 5 heads. The 510 threads make it the best out there because there are infinite attachments. I now have 4 eGo batts and at least 10 diff tanks, cartos, ce2's, etc. I have been using it for at least 6 weeks of heavy usage and its a champ.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
My advice would be to find a PV that suits your needs with the afterthought of adding a tank. You'll hear lots of recommendations and the only real differences will be the voltage of the device and the mah of the battery- higher voltage means you're not limited to certain ohm cartos. 100 mah= 1 hour normal vaping. As for tanks I LOVE them- fill it twice per day and good to go. Cartos lasting 2+ weeks= win, win.
Good Luck.

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Tanks definitely work on Blu. We were given an old Blu starter kit (2 years old, I think) and my other half uses the Blu batteries with a tank, a clearo, and a plain carto. It looks funny, but we never go anywhere so it doesn't matter and if we DO venture out, he uses the clearo. Basically, find something you like in the juicing category (yummy juice in any of the above-mentioned things) and that will do you until you get another PV, if you're getting another PV in the future. This is a great place to learn, so you won't be disappoint (I don't think) once you feel like taking the leap.

mom2matoskah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thomasville, NC, USA
Yes, the Blu is a 510 battery.

So now my train of thought is to try out my blu with a 510-T atty and 510-T Carts since I do still like the size of my Blu but want to go for a tank system. The 510-T atty and cartos will fit, right? Seems like it would but I'm not feeling very confidant with my tinkering yet...

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
So now my train of thought is to try out my blu with a 510-T atty and 510-T Carts since I do still like the size of my Blu but want to go for a tank system. The 510-T atty and cartos will fit, right? Seems like it would but I'm not feeling very confidant with my tinkering yet...

if it says 510, it will work on your Blu. :)

An eGo is good, but if you don't feel ready to move on yet you can try your Blu with those tanks, 510 cartridges that you fill yourself and clearomizers if you feel brave ;) You could also buy an atomizer and some drip tips to try dripping while you are at home. That way you'll get a chance to find what accessories you enjoy the most and then you can decide if you want to move on to a different PV.

mom2matoskah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thomasville, NC, USA
Sorry to jump in with another question, but there is so much info about what works with the blu batteries. What can be changed and still allow them to fit in the charger pack?

Just an FYI, I am pretty sure that the clearomizers that I linked to above will NOT fit in the charging pack for the blu, but once I get them, I will post and let you know for sure one way or the other, unless someone else here beats me to it :) The clearomizers look like they are longer than the standard cartomizers but the only real way to be sure is to give it a try so I will do that as soon as I get mine.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Good job, mom! :)

I'm a BIG FAN of exactly what you ordered, but for an OUTSTANDING vape, they DO need to be modded according to the video on the page you linked above. Once modded, they will leak if you lay'em down, so stand'em UP when not in use. (I keep them upright in my shirt pocket, or standing in a pencil holder (or slim water glass) on my desk.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We'll ALL come running to assist! ;)

Hope you lik'em as much as I do! :thumbs:

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread