unicorn milk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
last month or so, i have been enjoying five pawns mixology samplers, along with 30 ml of queen side. they were just amazing. tho, i didn't care too much for two of the samplers. don't care for minty things. but the finish was clean, and taste was amazing.

well.. i'm out of them and i had to get something quick. so i called around the local vapor shops. no one carried anything i enjoy. one shop that used to go to changed ownership. then i found a new shop that opened up not too long ago, and asked what they had. they were carrying suicide bunny mother's milk. but they didn't have any low nic. but the guy said he has cuttwood unicorn milk. well.. i drove over and picked up two bottles of 6 mg nic.

dang.. it's a nice vape. decent cloud at .4 ohm, taste is just right, and i think i enjoy this more than mother's milk.

hope this shop stays open longer. the guy behind the desk asked what i was looking for. told him steam co., and five pawns. he said he will try to stock them. nice to have some place close to grab juice when running low. and the price was same as online. there was no mark up. tho i had to pay tax, but it was either that or go without vape for 2 days waiting for them from five pawns or other places.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohm Gnome

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I'll have to try Cuttwood's UM. I've heard a ton of good things about it. Regarding Mother's Milk, I can't see what all the hype is about. A buddy of mine let me drip some of hers. She seemed to enjoy it quite a bit...I couldn't taste anything. Even the one I made using a clone recipe was almost flavorless...strange, I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cullin Kin

IM_ALL_IN

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
NE
My experience left me thinking unicorn milk has something toxic in it. I bought a bottle not knowing their history and almost instantly felt nauseous and lightheaded after a few vapes.

In the past, they've added titanium dioxide to their juices, which is a possible carcinogen that has been linked to lung cancer, so who knows what they are up to today. Obviously they're simpletons or have no regard for the customers health. I would stay far, far away!

Prospekt

May 16, 2015
My experience left me thinking unicorn milk has something toxic in it. I bought a bottle not knowing their history and almost instantly felt nauseous and lightheaded after a few vapes.

In the past, they've added titanium dioxide to their juices, which is a possible carcinogen that has been linked to lung cancer, so who knows what they are up to today. Obviously they're simpletons or have no regard for the customers health. I would stay far, far away!

I too felt somewhat nauseous after trying Unicorn Milk, picked up a 15ml bottle from A local store after hearing friends rave about it but it tastes quite bad to me, the cream flavors taste somewhat spoiled and the strawberry is either overwhelming one rip or completely absent the next. Equipment was an IPV Mini 2 and Subtank Mini running in subohm RTA mode.

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
For me, Cuttwood's Sugar Bear caused one of my Kanger Subtank coils to almost instantly burn and taste like burnt rubber and cotton. I think the cinnamon plain out clogged it up. I don't really like anything by them.

Also, Suicide Bunny's Mother's Milk tasted sort of like salt to me. I didn't taste any strawberry or cream, more like a saltine cracker. Weird stuff.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
still vaping UM, and loving it. everyone has different taste.. it's very subjective. one thing i can say.. i couldn't stomach rocket sheep booster.. the darn thing tasted like burnt cotton. here is tonight's set up. as always, mandatory alcohol shot along with vape x)

origen and 4nine running .4 ohm. UM. hoegaarden with lemon.

lemin.jpg

Reactions: Spacewaffle

miamc12321

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2014
Sterling, VA
I bought a 30 ml of Unicorn Milk because a customer where I work was vaping it. It smelled delicious. I have to say at first, I thought I wasted my money. I liked my Sublime a lot better. It's very, very tasty. However, after a bit, the Unicorn Milk started to taste pretty good. It's expensive, though, so it will have to be a once a month or two vape, but I do like it enough to buy it again... much later.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
last month or so, i have been enjoying five pawns mixology samplers, along with 30 ml of queen side. they were just amazing. tho, i didn't care too much for two of the samplers. don't care for minty things. but the finish was clean, and taste was amazing.

well.. i'm out of them and i had to get something quick. so i called around the local vapor shops. no one carried anything i enjoy. one shop that used to go to changed ownership. then i found a new shop that opened up not too long ago, and asked what they had. they were carrying suicide bunny mother's milk. but they didn't have any low nic. but the guy said he has cuttwood unicorn milk. well.. i drove over and picked up two bottles of 6 mg nic.

dang.. it's a nice vape. decent cloud at .4 ohm, taste is just right, and i think i enjoy this more than mother's milk.

hope this shop stays open longer. the guy behind the desk asked what i was looking for. told him steam co., and five pawns. he said he will try to stock them. nice to have some place close to grab juice when running low. and the price was same as online. there was no mark up. tho i had to pay tax, but it was either that or go without vape for 2 days waiting for them from five pawns or other places.
If there is no mark up you should support that B&M that's pretty cool.

Siouxinpa

Jun 8, 2015
Central PA
If there is no mark up you should support that B&M that's pretty cool.

::FORUM MODS:: I AM NOT A VAPE VENDOR!! (Just to be safe)

I am a business owner whose business is in a Bulgarian Death Match with an internet entity whose name begins with Amazo...

Brick and mortar establishments HAVE to have that markup. In the business world we call it our "margin". Any business has unavoidable costs rent, utilites, displays, inventory and wages. Unless you have run your own business or been intimate with the books of the place you work at you have NO idea what those expenses can run.

Let's look at rent for an example. I pay more for rent in a 2,000 sq ft retail space per month than i do for my 4 bedroom house on .5 acre by a substantial amount. As a business, I pay 5 times more for my electricity than residential, 3 times more for internet, 4 x more for waste disposal, etc.

Now lets talk about inventory. You bought 1 bottle of premium e liquid. In order for a shop to stock enough for sales that store needs to buy 3-10 bottles in 0/3/6/12/18/24, I would say. If they don't, when a customer comes in looking for it it won't be there and they've lost a sale. If that happens enough they'll lose a customer.

Where do they get the money to pay for all of this stuff? From their margin, your markup. I need to sell things for double what I paid for them in order to make all of this work, any less and I'm out of business quickly unless I get very focused and very, very efficient. Do I need to get double from every single item? No. I need to get double for all items on average. I'm assuming for vape shops most of that comes from their "house vapes".

What do you the customer get out of paying my more expensive that the evil incarnate that starts with Amazo? Me and my staff. I'm from where I sell, I know my customers, I know what they like and don't. They want me to bring in something odd? Sure no problem. They have an issue, I'm fixing it immediately. I also spend my profit and business expenses where I live, instead of somewhere over there. I create jobs in my stores and more jobs in places I and my fellow SBO shop at locally.

Why does this matter to you? It doesn't have to...you can keep letting these little B&M shops keep closing around you by comparison shopping equipment in their shops then buying online. But If you like having a guy that knows what you like to vape and probably would mix up a liquid just for you, or one who'll teach you how to make your own coils for that brand new atty that just came out, or will let you fire up that newest, biggest, best mod just so you can see for yourself, then shop local.

All of this applies to vape shops that are run professionally and not the ones run out of some dude's front room. All of my vape stuff is purchased by me driving to a store, because I know how ....ing hard running a small business is.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
This is why I make a point to buy something every time I go into a b&m.

I will pay more then the online price to be able to test drive and walk out with my treasure, I will not, however, pay double.

Case in point, the Kanger SUBOX., MVS has them for $62.00, my favorite b&m, $120.00....not gonna happen. Interestingly enough, when I pointed this out to my Vape guy, he didn't believe it, he looked it up and said, wow! Then he dropped the price to $85.00, I would have bought it but he only had black, I'll be go back on Tuesday when he has white.....

Reactions: Siouxinpa

Siouxinpa

Jun 8, 2015
Central PA
I will pay more then the online price to be able to test drive and walk out with my treasure, I will not, however, pay double.

Case in point, the Kanger SUBOX., MVS has them for $62.00, my favorite b&m, $120.00....not gonna happen. Interestingly enough, when I pointed this out to my Vape guy, he didn't believe it, he looked it up and said, wow! Then he dropped the price to $85.00, I would have bought it but he only had black, I'll be go back on Tuesday when he has white.....

Ahh your double and my double are different things. I get my products wholesale from the publisher or a distributor. I assume the vape market does too. Take unicorn's milk since that's what started the whole thing.

Online it's available for $12. For me to sell something for $12 I better buy it for $6.30 or less, otherwise it's game over for my store.

Can you, the consumer, buy it for my price? Yes, if you have a tax id, an EIN and are willing to meet their minimum order which could either be a quantity or an amount.

The Kanger SUBOX you mentioned is a great example. He probably bought his for $60-70 for him to sell it at $120. Now the market for it has changed, prices went down, clones popped up, whatever. He wants to keep you as a customer, so he'll lose some margin to get you that at a good price. Probably composed a strongly worded letter to Kanger or his distributor about MVS prices as well. But you're happy, he's happy (with you, not Kanger) and you'll come back.

That store is a keeper.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
see.. i'm a consumer. being a consumer isn't all that easy. i have to manage my household, kids' school expense, wife's shoes expense, make up, clothe.. it's not easy being a consumer. when i can get a free shipping and much better price than b&m, i go online. that saves me money. and vaping is not necessary expense, it's a luxury. i do not want to pay any more than i have to on luxury goods. if it's just a tiny mark up, sure, i'll support them. if they are trying to rip me off.. well.. another story.

but the thing is.. i'm also related to number of shop owners. both on my side and i have in laws who are in business. b&m shops for different market. they put very little margin on the items they sell. their idea? low margin, large volume. sure they have to work little harder, but in the end, they push out the business who are looking for suckers who would like to work less and make more. i think that's why most of people that i know have been in same business for over 20 yrs without having to fold the shop.

there are enough vape shops around here, competition is starting. they have to bring in the customers and have them leave with product. how do they do that? bring down their price to match those online and sell volume. it's working in my area. and i'm noticing this change. a shop that had things i wanted used to put $3.00 on top of online prices last yr. that shop is gone. new shops popping up? they are putting $0.10 on the online price. and some of the items? they match the price. why would i go buy online when i can get online price where i'm living? i don't mind paying tax on thing if i don't have to wait 2 days for them. and these shops? they don't have lot of employees. it's an owner running the shop. sure, i have to wait a bit, but hey.. they are friendly, willing to work with me, and sell the items at the price i want. it's what i call win win situation.

if the business model you are running is running you out of business, it's not the consumer that's at fault. set and different model that will bring in the customers and keep them.

Reactions: Oberon75

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
This is why I make a point to buy something every time I go into a b&m.

If I ever saw a SUBOX for $120, I would probably have a few words to say before just walking out of that store.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Siouxinpa

Jun 8, 2015
Central PA
Sell more for less drives you down the Wal-Mart and the evil which shall not be named road. It's not good for communities or business. If either of those entities manages to eliminate all competition in a field, how much will you be paying for your 'luxuries'?

I have fewer employees but pay them living wages, my profits are spent where I live instead of offshore accounts and I know you when you come into my store for the third time. Is that worth an extra dollar or two to you?

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
sell more for less is not the issue. the issue is this feeling of entitlement. feeling that i deserve more than the back breaking work that puts some of those companies ahead of the competition. everybody's entitle to how they do business. hope yours will do well. how about that UM? i guess it's not just taste being subjective..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread