Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
So Using TCR with F is whats throwing things off? Tried TCR of 130 and were getting close, but I suppose that could be the issue.

I guess ill just have to test F temps with equivalent C temps and see if it vapes the same
The calculations are based on Celsius whether you adjust the temperature in ℃ or ℉. You don't need to change the tcr if adjusting in ℉, it's the same as for ℃.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
So Using TCR with F is whats throwing things off? Tried TCR of 130 and were getting close, but I suppose that could be the issue.

I guess ill just have to test F temps with equivalent C temps and see if it vapes the same
You can combine TCR+F, but in "debug mode" when you want to use your brain it's more hard, I think. I can't think in °F)

Actually, TCR more close to the °Kelvin, but ΔK=ΔC ;)

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
The firmware functions using C.... F is there for display ONLY... because us Americans have issues with the letter C.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yes I do, Im cool with Metric distance/volume measurements, but I suck with temp

So, just to throw it out there, F and C vapes the same, running a TCR of 130 for this particular 316L coil was the only way to get a close vape to what I like that holds temp. Once its dialed in though, Its much more satisfying/consistent between hits than VW.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
>running a TCR of 130 for this particular 316L coil was the only way to get a close vape to what I like that holds temp.
It's quite strange.
Depending on what list you use default TCR go's SS is between 89 and 94....
. I find myself setting TCR at above the range with multi wire builds and below the range with single wire builds....

Gotten into the habit of saving profiles based on the wire used rather than the actual build.... this has at least given me a closer starting point for fine tuning. I do a 3x28 twisted or para build I load that profile from the last time I vaped the wire. It close and just need a bit of tweaking. But i still haven't had any TC setting repeat from build to build.

• Informative

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
Depending on what list you use default TCR go's SS is between 89 and 94....
Even so... For example, comfortable tempetarute about 200°C, mod allows you sets from 100 to 315.

If base TCR around 90, lowest TCR that mod can parse (from 100°C) is 90*100/200=45 - if you have 45 TCR, you should set 100°C and it should work
Biggest TCR is 90*315/200=141.75 - you should set 315°C if you TCR around 141

• Informative

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Even so... For example, comfortable tempetarute about 200°C, mod allows you sets from 100 to 315.

If base TCR around 90, lowest TCR that mod can parse (from 100°C) is 90*100/200=45 - if you have 45 TCR, you should set 100°C and it should work
Biggest TCR is 90*315/200=141.75 - you should set 315°C if you TCR around 141
I meant start with base for what ever material you choose.... adjust from there........

Current SS build running at 70 last build did best at 110. Same wire just twisted at .3 vs plain at 1.1. Wether it fits the science and math IDK or care... its what works best for me. Not all the time but as good as I can get TC to work.

• Informative

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
I meant start with base for what ever material you choose.... adjust from there........

Current SS build running at 70 last build did best at 110. Same wire just twisted at .3 vs plain at 1.1. Wether it fits the science and math IDK or care... its what works best for me. Not all the time but as good as I can get TC to work.

Which temp did you set?)

• Informative

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Which temp did you set?)
Current build Is pretty stable in TCR at 70. 28 awg ss at 1.1ohm 2.8mm. 25watts at 200c.. I like the vape of twisted better.. but this plain build is performing better for TC... just ordered some 26ss. That will get me closer to the SA of my twisted builds with plain wire...

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
Current build Is pretty stable in TCR at 70. 28 awg ss at 1.1ohm 2.8mm. 25watts at 200c.. I like the vape of twisted better.. but this plain build is performing better for TC... just ordered some 26ss. That will get me closer to the SA of my twisted builds with plain wire...
Yeah, if your target is 200°C or equal, you have to play with TCR, if you like play with math, you can play with fake °C :)

Anyway, I do not see any theoretical reason when SS build can increase TCR more than 90-100 - bigger TCR means your material reacts on heating better. May be it's local overheating, when most of coil is cold, but local overheating increases your resistance too fast - but you still dont have much vapour, so you should reduce sensitive... But it's incorrect build, I think.

• Informative

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
New ArcticFox version released, now supporting more mods, options and a new 'skin'.
Release 170508 · maelstrom2001/ArcticFox · GitHub

Thanks for the heads up. The new screen layout option is excellent in terms of information, but the font size is not compatible with my old eyes. Had to go back to the "classic" layout. But, going to try out the new layout on the larger screen of the Primo Mini -- should be nice on that.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Getting an error that the new updated software is not made for my device (Eleaf Pico). Anyone successfully flash this AF update to a Pico yet?
I have it running on a pico and a mega but only for a short time. At first the Pico seemed to be not running right while the Mega seemed okay. I updated the firmware a second time and uploaded the settings from the mega and sofarsogood. I don't believe I'm using any new features so far, what ever those may be.

I also updated a VTC mini and istick basic and then added the same setting file as the pico and mega. So far it seems like the mini and basic aren't hitting as hard as the pico even though every thing should be identical but may be it's my imagination.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread