"Unique" tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaefo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Champaign, Illinois
I have to agree! I was able to hit the thread when the sale started, but I do understand that not everyone interested can do that. As it was, I got my second choice in the color I wanted so it worked out, this time. (trying to get a decent pic to post asap)

I had pm'd Cat asking if it was possible to reserve a tank, prepaid, when she gets more tanks from Ash for the next sale. She is considering it, I think, but did point out that I would be unable to choose the shape, only the color, IF she agreed to it. I hadn't thought of that!

I need some advice from the experienced carto punchers here. (please and thank you!) Which punch do you use and how does it compare to the ones you don't use? I am using the carto that Cat sent with my tank and need to find something that will punch cartos the same way. Nice, neat, not-too-big holes. It is easy to find the laser punched cartos for 510s for my provari, but I have a bunch of 808 threaded batteries that I want to use with slim tanks, and it's looking like it would be easier to punch my own for those.

Also want to thank Cat for looking for feedback, it's nice to know that our thoughts are welcome and will be considered. I'm really loving my new Unique, thanks again!

I use the punch from vipvaporcig dot com. It is not, however, inexpensive. I like that it stays sharp; so many of the cheaper ones get dull in a hurry. I have been using the same one (exclusively) for over a year. I am sure some of the other good folks around here will pipe in with other suggestions. :)

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
I have to agree! I was able to hit the thread when the sale started, but I do understand that not everyone interested can do that. As it was, I got my second choice in the color I wanted so it worked out, this time. (trying to get a decent pic to post asap)

I had pm'd Cat asking if it was possible to reserve a tank, prepaid, when she gets more tanks from Ash for the next sale. She is considering it, I think, but did point out that I would be unable to choose the shape, only the color, IF she agreed to it. I hadn't thought of that!

I need some advice from the experienced carto punchers here. (please and thank you!) Which punch do you use and how does it compare to the ones you don't use? I am using the carto that Cat sent with my tank and need to find something that will punch cartos the same way. Nice, neat, not-too-big holes. It is easy to find the laser punched cartos for 510s for my provari, but I have a bunch of 808 threaded batteries that I want to use with slim tanks, and it's looking like it would be easier to punch my own for those.

Also want to thank Cat for looking for feedback, it's nice to know that our thoughts are welcome and will be considered. I'm really loving my new Unique, thanks again!

Charmedschool and QRXT-thank you so much for your feedback. This is a tough one for me. I am so limited in what I can do at this point. First, as I stated in my introduction, I don't yet have access to a website and this is currently the only way I can bring these tanks to you for sale. I do plan on having a website option down the road, but it's not an option for me right now. Please try to understand I am a 6 day a week working girl and live paycheck to paycheck like most of you. Selling tanks is not how I earn a living. I purchase these tanks ahead of time before they ship; so to come up with money for just 25 tanks is a huge risk for me. I need to make my money back right away. This is just the honest truth. So for the here and now, I don't see another way for me to offer these. I'm not in a financial position to "sit" on tanks for sale. At this point I'm just trying to offer what I think are beautiful tanks the best way I can, given my limitations.

QRXT brings up a good point and an option for those interested. She knows the color she wants and she wants it in a slim. She's willing to pre-pay for it. I have a pretty good idea of what shapes she would like and what shapes she would not like from my past experience selling these tanks. Since she pre-pays, there is no "risk" for me to get that tank for her. I can work with that and Ash does his very best to accomodate me, too. Now his shipping and fees get expensive from the UK to here, so I could take prepaid requests and pay for them in addition to a batch of tanks I order for a sale. Remember, I have a full time job and would prefer to have a sale and send everyone's tanks out at the same time. I simply could not be running to the post office for a single tank here and a single tank there nor could I expect Ash to make a single tank here and a single tank there and ship from the UK. He makes them in batches for me every couple of months if his schedule allows. He has a full time job and many projects and deadlines. The tanks are a side job he is doing for me because we are friends and I asked him to make them for us with a "pretty please".:blush::)

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Yes he is. I purchased one of his very first juicetraps (drip shield). That is how we met and became friends. The more I got to know him the more I realized his skills and eventually sent him one of jons tanks and encouraged him to make them for us and our friends across the pond. At that time he did not frequent the ecig forums. I contacted Jon to get his ok to sell them here too because getting ahold of a lava tank was tough for many and felt there was room here for the Unique as well. We partnered up for the tank project and spent months beta testing and perfecting the Unique tanks before introducing them. He owns a woodworking shop which is convenient to make the tanks in between making incredibly beautiful high end pieces in gorgeous woods. And that is how the Uniques were "born".;)

lalasalama8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
north carolina coast
I use the punch from vipvaporcig dot com. It is not, however, inexpensive. I like that it stays sharp; so many of the cheaper ones get dull in a hurry. I have been using the same one (exclusively) for over a year. I am sure some of the other good folks around here will pipe in with other suggestions. :)

+1 on this big bucks carto punch..carbon tip, stays razor sharp for..well, who knows how long..mine is as good as the day I bought it. 40 bucks may seem ridiculous for a silly carto punch, but after going through 3 or 4 saddle valves, line valve punches, etc., I finally broke down and spent the $$ on this. It punches every size hole you may need and doesn't smoosh up the carto like cheap crap does. Smash up a few cartomizers and have them get stuck in the tank and you'll want one of these too, so why not just get one now...hold your nose and just do it :)

Aluminium Cartomizer Punch V4 - Cartomizers/Tanks - Accessories

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
+1 on this big bucks carto punch..carbon tip, stays razor sharp for..well, who knows how long..mine is as good as the day I bought it. 40 bucks may seem ridiculous for a silly carto punch, but after going through 3 or 4 saddle valves, line valve punches, etc., I finally broke down and spent the $$ on this. It punches every size hole you may need and doesn't smoosh up the carto like cheap crap does. Smash up a few cartomizers and have them get stuck in the tank and you'll want one of these too, so why not just get one now...hold your nose and just do it :)

Aluminium Cartomizer Punch V4 - Cartomizers/Tanks - Accessories

I agree with this.... also please note if you deform your carto and try to put it into a tank that way (depending on the degree of the deformation) you can (not always but this is a risk) crack or break the bottom cap. This has happened to people in the past so just a heads up to be careful what you stick in there thinking it wont matter. :)

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
any custom tank maybe to get an hh357 to work with like amp tank?
I'm not familiar with what you are talking about....pics please? or a link?

I do know the killer is becoming a real popular rebuildable atty. Ash is sending me a tank he has made to fit them at the request of so many killer owners across the pond. Looking forward to playing with it. Looks like they really like them.

space_frog

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Istanbul
I'm not familiar with what you are talking about....pics please? or a link?

I do know the killer is becoming a real popular rebuildable atty. Ash is sending me a tank he has made to fit them at the request of so many killer owners across the pond. Looking forward to playing with it. Looks like they really like them.

I will send a pm about the links...

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
Let's see how this works :D

Left to right
The red belongs to hubby. It is a little darker than it looks here and has black and grey in it.
The white with black and bluish silver. The fairy Bedazzle actually belongs with the blue tank and the Blue Fairy juice from Ahlusion.
The silver Tigress with a LavaGen and Wolf Bedazzle. You can't quite see it in the picture because of the Rune juice.
The orange with red stripping. Haven't found just the right glass for it, YET.
The gold/silver/white. I got this last sale with the orange. I had one this color before, but it fell down the stairs and is no more.
The gold/silver/black with swan and gold Bedazzle.
The lower two are my green with floral Bedazzle and St. Pattys Shamrock juice (also from Ahlusion). The purple with gold is/was my first Unique. It also has a LavaGen with Bedazzle.

And there are still several colors I would like to get. :blush:

I don't know why there is a pinkish hued circle. The towel is a solid color. Must have been something reflecting .

Last edited:

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Hi.
Wolfy-your tanks look great my friend!! Thanks for sharing. I will post a pic of the killer soon. It's a rebuildable atty lots of people are loving and Ash made tanks for them because enough people requested them and made it worth his while. There is a thread here called the killer 705 atty...or something like that. I think I can post a link here...yes? Still new to the rules.:unsure:

QRXT-I am actually taking the second half of today and the next 2 days off. I have to work Saturday and travel for a competition Sunday. I will take advantage of these next 2 days and touch base with Ash to see if we can't work on another order for around early June. I'll let you know what I find out by Saturday.

Spacefrog-I'll pm you.

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Wolf, thanks for posting your collection, they are beautiful!

Cat, I'm just wondering when you will do the prepaid requests. Will you let us know when you are getting ready to have Ash ship more tanks to you? I know all this takes time and preparation, thank you again!

I am getting ready to order approximately 25 tanks. If you have a special request and want to pre-pay for something, please shoot me a pm and I will work with Ash to see if we can make it happen for you. The sale is tentatively planned for the first or second week in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread