The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

unique twisted .6 ohm build

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by Vic Vape, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vic Vape

Vic Vape Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2015
    It's so easy to wick, just slip cotton in the opened top of the coil. It can be cleaned well with steel wool instead of dry burning. All day vaping for 4 or 5 months on same coil. 1516480917269.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    It's unique all right

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. entropy1049

entropy1049 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The awkward moment when you’re not sure what type of response is justified because op may sincerely believe their own post :lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    IT WORKS GREAT! I use it in all 13 attys that I have! Drippers, rta's and sub ohm tanks! It is revolutionary! It can be made by hand with no tools. It can be made with any gage of wire for what you want. It cleans in 40 seconds without dry burning. The size in the pic is .65 ohms and on the mech or anything the flavor is rich. I do believe myself! And thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Equality 7-2521

Equality 7-2521 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    oakland ca.
  6. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    Same coil a bit smaller, .5 ohms for cleito 120. Great mtl at 15 watts. Yes cleito mtl at 15 watts .5 ohm coil. Wonderfull! 1516858225916.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    Obviously it's mounted differently for this tank. With 26 gage or 28 gage dual coils at 80 watts crazy clouds, but I'm a bit too old for that. 97.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    This beauty is 30 gage twisted kanthal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    I'm loving the fact that I use this site to talk to myself lol. But what the heck. Here it is again but in an avacado. Fires instantly at 31 watts .56 ohms. The wicking is crazy good and fast. Only pulling 7 amps on this thing, but you wouldn't know by the cloud! And it looks cool too. Yes my coil design works.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    She's beautiful 1516944777959.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Glad you are enjoying your builds. I talk to myself all the time but usually I don't bother typing it all out. But yes, I mutter aloud to myself. LOL. Congrats, since you are liking it.

Anna

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    It is interesting. Reminds me of stovetop coils, where you are just laying the wick along the side of the coil.
    Not sure how it could be cleaned well with just steel wool though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. homeuser6

homeuser6 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    brightwood,or.,usa
    excellent concept. fast and easy rewicking. although the atty does not fit my vape style, i am a fan of minimizing maintenance. i'm guessing you don't drop your mod much. when mine hits a boulder or concrete, it always hits tip first, which i suspect would knock the wick right out of its cradle. nevertheless, i would certainly try this if i used horizontal builds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    Anna you are a ray of sunshine, you always make me feel better about my nutty posts. Puffon your right it is similar, but the more rounded shape keeps the cotton down on the coil more than a stovetop. At least for the crap I'm using. I clean it by rubbing it with a steel spunge, what people use for dishes. Even with twisted wire it comes clean easy. Just rub and rinse for about 1 minute. And thanks homebuilder6, I wish I had a vertical one for you.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Can you post photos with the coils wicked?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    Will do tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    Here you go Dropmyload.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vic Vape

Oct 1, 2015
    I'm squonking with this build right now, and it's just crazy good. This one is .95 and works great mtl or direct lung. The same coil works in the cleito 120 and many drippers. At .2 it's a warm vape, but at .9 or so it's cool with large vapor. I have made the same build with all kinds of wire. Works great with clapton too. Designing and learning to make this coil work has been a lot of fun in my boring life lol. Now I enjoy it in many builds, in many ways, and just want to share it so others can love vaping how yours truly does. Vape for life...Live to vape and thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Interesting....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.