Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hi, today I would like to tell you about Kipo Pod Kit the first MTL-Pod with "Mech mod" design in the world! This device was kindly sent to me by Univapo in exchange for my honest evaluation.
    Enjoy the reading.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 1.JPG

The Kit (Kipo) and the warnings are displayed on the front of the package, on the back they are shown; the content, the social groups where Univapo is present, brands & logos, scratch & check and more warnings.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 2.jpg

Packing List
    1 x Kipo Battery
    1 x Pod 1.0Ω
    1 x Pod 1.3Ω
    1 x Type-C Cable
    1 x Lanyard
    1 x Warranty Certificate
    1 x Warning Card
    1 x User Manual

* Inside the package there is also a promotion ... To be able to win and to participate in the contest you must share a photo or video to show your "Kipostyle", post it on Facebook, Instagram or Tik Tok using #Kipostyle and tagging the official Univapo account and two friends.
    Winners will be randomly selected and announced every Friday from the official Univapo account on Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok.
    - Special prize for 2 winners
    - First Prize for 3 winners
    - Second Prize for 10 winners
    - Third Prize for 15 winners
    - Award of honor for 40 winners
    * Campaign expiration date: August 13, 2021.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 3.jpg

Specifications
    Material: PCTG, aluminum alloy
    Product size: Ø18.5x86.5mm
    Battery capacity: 520mAh
    Pod capacity: 2.Oml
    Resistance range: 1.0Ω ~ 1.5Ω
    Refil: Side
    Color range: Purple Dream, Lime Green, Cherry Pink, Red, Green, Gun Metal, Black.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 4.jpg

First impressions:
    Kipo Pod despite being a "starter kit" has a fairly rich package, with two different MTL cartridges (1.0Ω and 1.3Ω), a sturdy metal lanyard with silicone collar and a type-C cable that promises through a 2A port a great speed of recharging (20 minutes declared).

Univapo Kipo Pod made of CNC machined aluminum alloy, is clearly inspired by the mech mod devices, confirmed by the tube shape and the activation button at the bottom. The form factor with the pod installed is also reminiscent of a bullet, thanks to the CNC machined spiral texture.

Kipo really feels ultra portable and comfortable, but also sturdy! I dropped it a couple of times without showing the slightest scratch. Kipo is therefore a small 520mAh device with a very original design that also offers the possibility of a convenient automatic puff. Through the notification LED it will be possible to monitor the battery charge level and the operating status.
    Ultimately a beautiful "Mech Style" object but with all the safety features offered by an electronic circuit.

Univapo (whom I thank) sent me three different colors of Kipo Pod, all pleasant and with different finishes (gold or silver) really very elegant.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 5.jpg

At the base of kipo Pod there is a metal ring with a smooth silver or gold finish, the ring includes the signaling led obtained inside the last letter of the word "Kipo" (O). Opposite to the led we find the USB-C 2A charging socket together with the wording "Univapo Made in China".

Inside the compartment / pod are two circular-shaped magnets, the sensor for the automatic puff, two gold-plated and spring-loaded contact pins.
    As on some "Mech" tubes the Fire button is located on the bottom of the device, I really like this idea! The key is rightly contrasted with a good return into place with each press.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 6.jpg

Pod / Coil:
    The replacement cartridges are sold in a pack of 3 pieces, on the bottom of the cartridge it is possible to identify them as their resistive value is indicated.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 7.jpg

The cartridge holds up to 2ml of e-liquid and is built in dark PCTG, but nevertheless offers good internal visibility. The refill is of the lateral type, protected by the classic silicone rubber.

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 8.jpg

Operation Guide:
    * The circuit works in bypass mode and automatically recognizes the resistance contained in the installed pod providing the optimal power for vaping.

Through the fire button it is possible to perform some operations.
    - Power on / off: Press the button 5 times in a row.
    - Lock / Unlock: Press the button 3 times in a row, the green light will flash 3 times.

Battery status indicator:
    During the vape, the LED light will indicate the battery charge status.
    - High: During operation and after stopping the vape the light is Green for 2 seconds.
    - Medium: During operation and after stopping the vape the light is Blue for 2 seconds.
    - Low: During operation and after stopping the vape the light is Red for 2 seconds.

Protections and notifications:
    - Protection from overtime: (Cut Off) after 10 consecutive seconds of vaping.
    - Low voltage protection: The red light will flash 8 times.
    - Overcharge Protection: The blue light will flash 3 times.
    - Open circuit protection: The blue light will flash 3 times.

USB Type-C Fast Charging:
    The indicator light is red when charging and when the battery is fully charged, the indicator is off.
    Via the type-c charging port with a speed of 2A it is actually possible to fully recharge the lithium battery in about 20 minutes!

Univapo Kipo MTL Pod Kit 9.JPG

Vaping test:
    Definitely one of the best MTL / PODs I have tried, the Puff with the 1.3Ω resistance is restricted in the correct way, the aroma comes out well with both resistances, Hit and flavor are present and balanced even with low nicotine concentrate and the consumption of liquid is very limited. If the Kipo were a car I could say that it delivers maximum performance with the lowest possible fuel consumption.
    With a full charge cycle (20 minutes) you can vape from 4 to 5ml of e-liquid. Dispensing via the button seems slightly stronger, however the automatic puff also behaves well and has not created any problems for me.

Highlight:
    - Mech Style Aesthetics
    - Attractive color range
    - Comfortable size
    - Robust
    - Double activation of the puff
    - Silent suction
    - No e-liquid loss
    - Aromatic performance and low e-liquid consumption
    - Good transparency of the pod
    - Charging speed
    - Convenient price