Up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trayspace

Nov 9, 2018
I have an Aspire 3.5ml tank with a Cleito 0.27 coil which came in my original K4. I feel like I'm going through so much juice (filling up 3-4x/day) I was wondering if I changed coils would I still go through so much? My boyfriend bought me a Puma Vape Storm and I'm running at @44w. All I want is a good throat hit as I quit smoking cigarettes a few months ago and I don't care about cloud chasing. Do you think I should change coils or maybe new tanks or start over? Thanks
Participants:

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have an Aspire 3.5ml tank with a Cleito 0.27 coil which came in my original K4. I feel like I'm going through so much juice (filling up 3-4x/day) I was wondering if I changed coils would I still go through so much? My boyfriend bought me a Puma Vape Storm and I'm running at @44w. All I want is a good throat hit as I quit smoking cigarettes a few months ago and I don't care about cloud chasing. Do you think I should change coils or maybe new tanks or start over? Thanks
Participants:

That's quite a low resistance and high power. Not at the top of the range but highish. Have you ever tried vaping at lower power with higher resistance? Do you know anyone with that kind of gear who would let you try it?

Lots of folks are happy with 1 - 1.5 ohms and 10 watts. Including me. You won't know if it would work for you unless you try it. You could pick up a cheap low high resistance tank and give it a shot.

If the cost of using a lot of juice concerns you maybe try making your own. Then you could use as much as you want for pennies a day.

Last edited:

Trayspace

Nov 9, 2018
That's quite a low resistance and high power. Not at the top of the range but highish. Have you ever tried vaping at lower power with higher resistance? Do you know anyone with that kind of gear who would let you try it?

Lots of folks are happy with 1 - 1.5 ohms and 10 watts. Including me. You won't know if it would work for you unless you try it. You could pick up a cheap low resistance tank and give it a shot.

If the cost of using a lot of juice concerns you maybe try making your own. Then you could use as much as you want for pennies a day.
When I first got started, I went to the vape shop, told the guy I wanted something strong enough to simulate smoking cigarettes. The Aspire K4 is what he sold me. I went back the next day as it was TOO strong (DTL) and talked me into lower nic level instead of changing it out. I don't know anyone else who vapes other than Juul and that's not for me. I'll pick up a tank and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Usually lower power works better with higher nic concentrations, lower nic with lower power setups. Less cloud less nic so you raise the concentration to compensate. Higher nic lower wattage use will generally mean less liquid consumption. The reverse is also true.

If you want to decrease how much juice you're vaping, best to get a lower power, more mtl "ish" setup and a higher nic concentration. Or do as you are and go through larger volumes, but essentially the same total nic intake per day.

Besides, you'll get a better throat hit with the lower power higher nic setup. And yes, it will mean changing coils, and maybe even the tank, to something more comfy for you.

Edit: yeah, pretty much like @United States posted a moment before me but with a lot fewer words

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I agree with Eskie...perhaps just raising resistance and lowering wattage might do it, but one way to do it for sure is increasing nic so your not constantly vaping. However increasing nic is kind of hard with dtl, just because of the massive pull and higher wattage, so maybe buying a mtl set up with high nic to accompany your current set up might work. Having A small mtl set up with 18mg to puff on a couple times an hour just might curb your desire on your other tank

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trayspace

Nov 9, 2018
Usually lower power works better with higher nic concentrations, lower nic with lower power setups. Less cloud less nic so you raise the concentration to compensate. Higher nic lower wattage use will generally mean less liquid consumption. The reverse is also true.

If you want to decrease how much juice you're vaping, best to get a lower power, more mtl "ish" setup and a higher nic concentration. Or do as you are and go through larger volumes, but essentially the same total nic intake per day.

Besides, you'll get a better throat hit with the lower power higher nic setup. And yes, it will mean changing coils, and maybe even the tank, to something more comfy for you.

Edit: yeah, pretty much like @United States posted a moment before me but with a lot fewer words
Thanks for the info. As I increased the nic level 1 mo ago, I've been getting nauseous almost every time I vape so maybe I wontw have to increase. Also, I'm still not getting the throat hit I'm looking for. I did try my sisters Kangal in the very beginning, before I bought mine, and was very happy with the way it felt. She talked me out of buying one from the get go as her thought was why spend that amount of money if it's something I'm not going to stick with. Lol

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm sorry. What did you try to do with your sister's Kangal dog?

Another way to increase throat hit is to go with a juice with higher PG in it. That'll give you the hit without the higher nic concentration. Sometimes with trying to dial in the exact PG/VG ratios with retail juice is simply availability as things come stocked in very standard mixes. There are some online places that specialize in their in house juices which offer far more customization of the juice you want, assuming you can get a flavor from them you like as well.

The easiest and cheapest way to play around to get the exact ratios you like is to mix yourself. DIY juice is quite easy to do and after getting a few flavoring recipes you like the best way to go. You can mix 100 ml for maybe $0.50 versus the $15-25 you can pay for retail juice. Want a little more throat hit? Mix with a little higher PG. Need a little less nic? Just make it that way. It avoids the whole experiment with expensive store juices and frequently turns out tasting better than the stuff you buy.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
+1 for trying out the Innokin Zenith tank. Coils are good and last a while. Filling up a smallish tank like yours 3-4 times a day is pretty standard for the average dl vaper. Your actually not vaping too much, it's just the style of tank you are using.

Trayspace

Nov 9, 2018

Another way to increase throat hit is to go with a juice with higher PG in it. That'll give you the hit without the higher nic concentration. Sometimes with trying to dial in the exact PG/VG ratios with retail juice is simply availability as things come stocked in very standard mixes. There are some online places that specialize in their in house juices which offer far more customization of the juice you want, assuming you can get a flavor from them you like as well.

The easiest and cheapest way to play around to get the exact ratios you like is to mix yourself. DIY juice is quite easy to do and after getting a few flavoring recipes you like the best way to go. You can mix 100 ml for maybe $0.50 versus the $15-25 you can pay for retail juice. Want a little more throat hit? Mix with a little higher PG. Need a little less nic? Just make it that way. It avoids the whole experiment with expensive store juices and frequently turns out tasting better than the stuff you buy.

Trayspace

Nov 9, 2018

ROFL. Kanger .I meant Kanger. Lol
I tried my local shops a try for the tank and they're asking $50 which I thought was a bit much. I found it on line for @$28 but also found the Kroma A mod that comes with the tank for $47 was wondering if it's a good mod and worth getting or just stick to getting the tank for now

ROFL. Kanger. Lol. I tried getting the Zenith locally and no one seems to stock it. After checking on line, I can pick one up for @$28. Found a Kroma A set up for @$47. Think it's worth getting that whole thing or just the tank? Thanks for your help

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'd get the set. The Kroma is a nice mod to compliment that. And while you can use the Zenith on any other mod, backups are always a good thing to have. You don't want a mod to die on you and you end up grabbing a smoke because a replacement will be a few days to get in the mail or overpaying in your local store.

And Kanger. That makes more sense.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Participants:

Your juice consumption doesn't seem TOO out of line for that tank/coil.
I'm running a Cleito with the 0.4 ohm coils at 55-60 watts, and I go through 6-8 ml of juice a day.
You ARE relatively new to vaping.
Just try different combinations and settings until you hit YOUR sweet spot.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Another vote for the Zenith - it sounds like from what you've put you're after something that mimics smoking more and a mouth to lung tank with a higher PG liquid should help.

I use it on 16w with the 0.8 coil and tbh that's quite high for that tank,and even then it's not a particularly juice thirsty tank. Probably get through about 2-5 mls a day max depending how much I'm using it if that helps with your decision regarding the amount of juice you want to use. Decent vapour production for an MTL and easy to maintain if you're new to vaping.

Let us know how it goes!

Trayspace

Nov 9, 2018
Another vote for the Zenith - it sounds like from what you've put you're after something that mimics smoking more and a mouth to lung tank with a higher PG liquid should help.

I use it on 16w with the 0.8 coil and tbh that's quite high for that tank,and even then it's not a particularly juice thirsty tank. Probably get through about 2-5 mls a day max depending how much I'm using it if that helps with your decision regarding the amount of juice you want to use. Decent vapour production for an MTL and easy to maintain if you're new to vaping.

Let us know how it goes!
. Thanks for the Zenith votes .I did order a Kroma which comes with the Zenith tank. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will keep you posted!

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    tenor.gif

• Winner
    Reactions: bask