Update on my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
So, final grades were due last Thursday night. I finished the grades by around 11:30 pm. I was so happy as I usually end up staying up most of the night to finish! That said, I had to get right back to work on Friday. For one, I'm now the faculty mentor and had to help my boss revamp some courses. In addition, I took on another major task of designing a course for another college. I love designing courses, so I was excited about this project. I signed the contract three months ago. The problem is that I didn't receive the textbook until last week. It arrived two days before final grades were due for the college I teach for. :(

After finishing final grades, I utilized my time revising the courses for the college I teach for full-time. Immediately after, I wanted to start designing the course for the other college. However, this required a phone meeting to go over what I wanted to do. That finally happened on Monday. Now I'm crazy busy trying to finish the course! Students have access on Friday, but fortunately, it's only to the course overview documents. I finished those, along with the course content for weeks one and two. I'll finish weeks three through seven by Sunday night.

Ellery and Maisie are now over ten months old (born August 15th). I'll post new pics soon!

Sorry for the very long post! Thank goodness for vaping; in years past, I would have resorted to smoking when I was under this much pressure.

So, how is everyone else doing?

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Whew VG, you've been busy!!! I hope you have time to play with the pups now & kick back.
I've been busy with work & grandbabies that live near me. The babies take up lots of time, but are so much more fun than work, so I love babysitting!
I'm also so glad to be vaping. I can't imagine being the smelly smokey grandma for the little ones!
Take care!!

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Whew VG, you've been busy!!! I hope you have time to play with the pups now & kick back.
I've been busy with work & grandbabies that live near me. The babies take up lots of time, but are so much more fun than work, so I love babysitting!
I'm also so glad to be vaping. I can't imagine being the smelly smokey grandma for the little ones!
Take care!!

Techno - It seriously has been crazy busy the last few weeks. This next week should get back to normal (sort of). I'm okay with the faculty mentor thing, since I've been doing that all along without the extra pay. But, I'm a bit concerned about the amount of work for teaching this quarter. Forgot to mention that I also agreed to teach the course that I'm designing for the other college. :( I'll get through it, but honestly, I don't want to over-extend myself again after this quarter!

I would so love to have grandbabies. :) My young single son doesn't even have a girlfriend now, so I'm starting to give up hope.

I've managed to catch up with introductions in the courses for my full-time college. For the other college, I only have to design two more weeks and will get this done by Sunday night.

I can't even imagine smelling like smoke now. Can you? I would never subject Ellery and Maisie to cigarette smoke. But I feel bad that Raleigh (aka Squishy) had to smell it.

You take care too! This weekend will be busy, but I'll try to check in. Otherwise, I'll be back starting Monday after the craziness ends.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
that's busy that's for sure. I wouldn't have it any other way myself :)

David - I like being busy too, but I really went overboard this time. It's Friday night; I have seven courses to teach at my full-time college, and have to reply to every student's introductory post. Fortunately, one of the courses is just administrative (overseeing the student's externship). A little sigh of relief. But, I feel some pressure since I need to finish up designing the course for the other college this weekend. It's one of the top ten rated schools in our country and I don't want to blow it. I teach for the school once or twice a year, but this is the first time that the school has asked me design a course.

Wish me luck this weekend! And, tell Pam I said hi. :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Techno - It seriously has been crazy busy the last few weeks. This next week should get back to normal (sort of). I'm okay with the faculty mentor thing, since I've been doing that all along without the extra pay. But, I'm a bit concerned about the amount of work for teaching this quarter. Forgot to mention that I also agreed to teach the course that I'm designing for the other college. :( I'll get through it, but honestly, I don't want to over-extend myself again after this quarter!

I would so love to have grandbabies. :) My young single son doesn't even have a girlfriend now, so I'm starting to give up hope.

I've managed to catch up with introductions in the courses for my full-time college. For the other college, I only have to design two more weeks and will get this done by Sunday night.

I can't even imagine smelling like smoke now. Can you? I would never subject Ellery and Maisie to cigarette smoke. But I feel bad that Raleigh (aka Squishy) had to smell it.

You take care too! This weekend will be busy, but I'll try to check in. Otherwise, I'll be back starting Monday after the craziness ends.

Never say never, girl :D

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Salem - So you're up late too! Going to bed, but had to check ECF before doing so. You're right, I shouldn't say 'never.' My son has been burned a few times by girls, and it seems that he no longer trusts them. I'm going to talk to him about this.

Good luck, VG :( That seems to be the going thing with girls that age nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread