Updated!! Pennsylvania: 40% tax = game over for vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmatt

Feb 4, 2016
Liverpool, uk
I feel really sorry for you all. I live in uk and i thought our version of your fda legislation (tpd) was bad enough. But hopefully we dump the tpd when we actually leave the EU. Tpd was definatly motivated by money. Same as fda being bribed by big tobaco/pharma.
Is there any new news on the PA situation or whats happening in other states. Hope sense overrides the greed.
vape on. Good luck.

Hey Redmatt and r77r7r,

My memory is pretty spotty but off the top of my head there are other states with similar or worse situations - limitations that are either currently in place or are being proposed with a high probability of coming to pass :(

The CASAA page has a list in the upper right corner of recent calls to action, which should give an overview of what all is going on right now in various states. CASAA

They also have a brief update on PA: PA – 40% of nothing is nothing! - CASAA

Quote:
"We’re projecting revenue to come in based on a 40% wholesale tax that these businesses can’t afford to pay." Said Representative Gabler. "So if we do nothing, we doom ourselves to start next year’s budget with a shortfall because that 40% tax is not coming in. What Representative Wheeland has here is an excellent proposal that actually allows revenue to come in and actually allows those businesses to stay open. I would rather have the 5¢ per milliliter than have 40% of nothing, and I would rather have all the jobs that come with it and everything else."

Hopefully more of our reps and legislators start understanding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread