The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Updated!! Pennsylvania: 40% tax = game over for vape

Discussion in 'ECF Competitions and Broadcasts' started by Oliver, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Admin
    Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mrmik

Mrmik Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That's where the money will come from..... FINES!

• Like Like x 1
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... And when the Administration and Enforcement Costs are more then the fines Collected, they can just dream up another Crazy Tax to put on People.

BTW - Isn't this the State that has some Bell with the words "Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants thereof." on it?

• Like Like x 7
  4. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah, I guess the meaning has been lost over the years. :(

• Like Like x 4
  5. MikeE3

MikeE3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Yeah ... but it's cracked! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 8
  6. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
  7. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    We Definitely Need more Glimmers.

From the Article you linked to....

"Sen. Camera Bartolotta’s bill will be similar to a house bill (HB 2342) introduced by Rep. Jeff Wheeland. Both efforts would replace the floor tax and the ongoing 40 percent wholesale tax with a five-cents-per-milliliter tax on all e-liquids."

Regular Session 2015-2016 House Bill 2342 P.N. 3860

and...

"Pennsylvania vapers are also holding a rally at the state capitol in Harrisburg on September 26, 1:00 p.m. at the main rotunda. This is a great chance to show that vapers care about protecting the small businesses that help us all!"

• Like Like x 2
  8. webb

webb Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    East Coast
    Weird isn't litecigusa from PA ? I just bought some stuff from them on BF.Prices very good.

9. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
  10. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    BF?Edit nm, got it now

11. webb

Jul 1, 2012
    East Coast
  12. blueish

blueish Full Member

Jan 8, 2013
    us
    Sent my first check in last week. Didnt realize they are charging sales tax on the vapor tax. So, if you make a $100 purchase, you owe 40% of $100 for the vapor tax. Then you also owe 6% of $140 for sales tax. Cheaper than cigs, I'll pay it. Just wish they'd realize that we're vaping to be healthier and not penalize us for it. Almost 4 years cig free now because of vaping...

• Like Like x 1
  13. blueish

blueish Full Member

Jan 8, 2013
    us
    If they're PA based, did they charge you the vape tax? I heard they can get in trouble if they don't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Southbound :)
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law."
    -- Frédéric Bastiat

15. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Looks like Litecig doesn't sell to Pa.

16. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Taxing a tax? That just doesn't seem right!

• Like Like x 1
  17. GBalkam

GBalkam Super Member

Apr 29, 2016
    What about mail order by internet? For example, I order from a company based in Arizona. I can't get e-juice due to Canada still not allowing nicotine imports, but that is Customs Canada.. I can order all I want within the country, from Canadian based vendors, just not from the US or overseas. Kidney Puncher offers free shipping over $75.00 I believe. You may still have to pay the sales tax, but I doubt they add the "floor" tax, since they don't have that in Arizona. I'll probably start ordering my DIY flavors from there when I order my wire. LOL God knows, I need more.. only have 800 feet of wire now. LOL. Need some 22ga though.

18. blueish

blueish Full Member

Jan 8, 2013
    us
    I don't know how it works if a PA vendor sells to someone out of the state. We have to report purchases we make from out of state vendors and pay the taxes on that. There's a pretty hefty penalty if we don't report.

19. GBalkam

GBalkam Super Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Yeah, but who actually bothers doing it? That's one of those laws that it costs more to enforce than the revenue it would bring in. Can you imagine what a judge would say if the prosecutor had someone in court over $5 in sales tax?

20. webb

Jul 1, 2012
    East Coast
    No tax and free shipping.But there was a note at checkout saying they would not ship to PA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.