FDA Urgent Action Alert: Contact US Senate Commerce Committee before Wednesday at 2:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Yep, a play on the Most Interesting Man in the World commercial.

Of course, ever child wants to be that man... look at the hot chicks hanging off of him. Must make beer appeal to children too.

But, let's be honest... using Santa Claus doesn't help our cause. Vendors need to think about these things today.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Umm, yes , some of us older folk have a problem with child-resistant packaging.
The powerful meds I take have optional non-child-resistant tops.

Stosh, you're absolutely right on that....my mother is in the same boat. I kinda shot it off quickly.

At the time, it seemed as if the senator was implying that the industry was irresponsible by REFUSING to child-proof a bottle of Gummy Bear liquid... the thought I had was more like this, I think most companies (and vapors) are okay with eliquid being treated just like meds, with child-resistant being the default package unless requested by the customer otherwise.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Live stream is working. To see:

1. Go to U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation

2. THEN click the 18 in the calendar on the right hand side of the page
I watched the hearing before coming on here. IMO another progressive witch hunt. Only wished I had been there to pose a question to old Rockefeller.
"How much money have you been paid by BP and BT to put on this charade of your concern for THE CHILDREN? huuuum?"

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
“Throughout Sen. Rockefeller’s nearly half-century of dedicated service to the people of West Virginia, he has been an exemplary ally in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease,” she said.

Rockefeller said his father-in-law also suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, and even though his family had a lot of resources to provide him and his own mother with in-home care, that situation is not common.

“She just disappeared,” he said of his mother. “It’s what happens to everybody.

“Let there be no mistake: The single overriding goal of the Alzheimer’s Association and BRNI, the whole deal, is to try to find a cure. It’s out there.”

US Sen Jay Rockefeller honored for Alzheimer

While tobacco smoking is associated with an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease, there is evidence that nicotine itself has the potential to prevent and treat Alzheimer's disease.

Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
It would be helpful if vapers contact Democrat Senators Rockefeller, Boxer, Blumenthal, Klobuchar, Nelson, Durbin and Markey and let them know your thoughts about the false claims they made at today's hearing.

It would also be helpful if consitituents of other Senate Commerce Cmte members contacted them telling them their thoughts about false claims made (and the arrogance dislplayed) by Senators Rockefeller, Boxer, Blumenthal, Klobuchar, Nelson, Durbin, Markey, as well as by AAP's Susanne Tanski and CTFK's Matt Myers.

You can utilize CASAA's Call to Action to do so
CASAA: Call to Action! Senate Commerce Committee Hearing June 18, 2014 regarding E-Cigarettes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread