Urgent Break In Coil Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Sorry for opening a new thread. Just want to have your attention to get a quick reply.

Need urgent help because need to prime the new aspire 0.7 OHM BVC coil. I see the main hole is very small and if I put liquid inside will definitely go inside the fine middle hole. The coil looks big in the picture but the bore is very narrow and the cotton inside is deep so I may accidentally pour juice inside the middel area when I try to put juice from top.

Please advise if its ok to just prime the coil from outside, the small windows from where I see the cotton or do I need to put juice inside too from top hole even if it the juice may go inside coil fine hole which is in middle? Please reply.

Attachments

• 20190620_173842.jpg
    20190620_173842.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190620_173848.jpg
    20190620_173848.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Tilt the head slightly & drip single drops of liquid on top of the screen inside the head, turn slightly & drip another drop, allow time for the drops to soak in, may take 5 drops or 12 depending on drop size.

If you get liquid in the center, after you finish priming & all wicking material is saturated, gently blow through the head & clean up excess that will come out of the bottom.

Trying to prime through the small wicking hole in the body gets frustrating quick, if you chose this method you'll need a needle tip / very fine tip bottle. It will take quite a few more drops due to their very small size.

You prime all replaceable heads the same way, down through the top or in through the wicking holes, or a combination of both, / either or.
The goal is to thoroughly saturate the wicking material before use.

Do it however it works best for you.

The problem with opening new 'urgent question' type threads is you've been given this info in a few other of your threads, several times. One member recently supplied pictures of how to prime heads, another member a video of priming & breaking in heads.

Too many threads spread around in the various forums leads to your confusion / hard to keep track of / and missing helpful info provided.

Last edited:

kashif

May 26, 2019
Tilt the head slightly & drip single drops of liquid on top of the screen inside the head, turn slightly & drip another drop, allow time for the drops to soak in, may take 5 drops or 12 depending on drop size.

If you get liquid in the center, after you finish priming & all wicking material is saturated, gently blow through the head & clean up excess that will come out of the bottom.

Trying to prime through the small wicking hole in the body gets frustrating quick, if you chose this method you'll need a needle tip / very fine tip bottle. It will take quite a few more drops due to their very small size.

You prime all replaceable heads the same way, down through the top or in through the wicking holes, or a combination of both, / either or.
The goal is to thoroughly saturate the wicking material before use.

prime from outside,3-5 drops to each wick slot but you can also throw 2-4 drops to the center while keeping the coil tilt.

Thank you so much. So basically even if juice is accidentally poured inside the coil it won't harm the coil and will get out from bottom or when I blow the air from top head. Is this right?

Secondly, someone told me that to increase the wicking procedure with the new coil it is advisable to puff from atomizer without firing the mod. Like cold puffs. One or two cold puffs. Is this any helpful?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You don't pour the liquid into the head, you drip drops... individual single drops at a time, and allow them to soak in before adding more.

Yes, you can gently blow down through the top if you somehow get a bunch of liquid in the center of the coil. Shouldn't need to.

No harm in taking a few unpowered primer puffs if you want to, the only risk is maybe flooding the head.
Shouldn't need to if you thoroughly saturated the wicking material.

---> Breaking in a new coil question

Last edited:

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
You could submerge the whole coil in eliquid without doing it any harm. Not that I do that but it wouldn't harm the coil. Get plenty down the middle and leave it a bit, then blow out the excess and Bob is yer uncle. Probably useless trivia but only two of those four wick holes actually wick juice through to the coil. The other two are blocked off. Best to saturate down the middle.

kashif

May 26, 2019
You don't pour the liquid into the head, you drip drops... individual single drops at a time, and allow them to soak in before adding more.

Yes, you can gently blow down through the top if you somehow get a bunch of liquid in the center of the coil. Shouldn't need to.

No harm in taking a few unpowered primer puffs if you want to, the only risk is maybe flooding the head.
Shouldn't need to if you thoroughly saturated the wicking material.

---> Breaking in a new coil question

Thank you so much. Tried my best to not pour drops of juice accidentally in the middle and after priming I blew a little in middle to remove any liquid if it went accidentally.

Dude, I've posted a video on how to prime and break in a coil at least twice in your threads.

Yes Sir, I did watch the video the time you posted it for me. This time the coil was longer and I don't have a very good eye sight so was concerned that I may drop the juice in middle. Tilted and putting a drop or two at a time worked well.

You could submerge the whole coil in eliquid without doing it any harm. Not that I do that but it wouldn't harm the coil. Get plenty down the middle and leave it a bit, then blow out the excess and Bob is yer uncle. Probably useless trivia but only two of those four wick holes actually wick juice through to the coil. The other two are blocked off. Best to saturate down the middle.

No, not useless trivia bro. Thank you so much. I primed the coil and now letting it rest for some time. Thanks.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

There are people who use this method. Open a blister pack, fill the pack full of juice while the coil is bathing. Not my preference, but hey….what ever works.

@kashif – as mentioned in a previous post, the goal with priming is to ensure the cotton that is in contact with the coil is fully saturated when you fire the coil for the first time. Failing such saturation means you might burn the cotton which cannot be corrected without changing the coil and will always present a burnt taste. The easiest and most efficient way is dripping a few drops from the top of the coil as described. Pouring too much will not harm the coil. Might lead to a little flooding, or spitting when fired, but this will clear.

• Informative
Reactions: Baditude

kashif

May 26, 2019
Do you think this powder is going trought the cotton to your lungs ? I guess it will stuck in the cotton between the coil..

The original Mini Nautilus (circa 2014) used a ceramic material which broke up into crumbles when handled. Aspire changed the material not long after that. Watch the Rip Tripper video at the 14 minute mark.

I haven't kept up with the current info on ceramic coils.

And, the above was just another horrid example of how the vaping industry is its own worst enemy.
Some popular reviewers cater to whoever pays the bills or offers them the most 'free stuff' to 'give away' and push / further misinformation about competitors products. Especially those products that cut their % of the market & sales in half or less by bringing a better product to the market.

The Bio ceramic cloth aspired used in the original nautilus heads was & still is to this day the 'best' wicking material I've ever used.

The originator, the very first, the OG of all ceramic coil/wicking known today.
Done & perfected that many years ago, just in the last few others are starting to get near what aspire accomplished many years ago.

All poo poo'ed on because competitors could not compete, many years behind.

There are people who use this method. Open a blister pack, fill the pack full of juice while the coil is bathing. Not my preference, but hey….what ever works.

@kashif – as mentioned in a previous post, the goal with priming is to ensure the cotton that is in contact with the coil is fully saturated when you fire the coil for the first time. Failing such saturation means you might burn the cotton which cannot be corrected without changing the coil and will always present a burnt taste. The easiest and most efficient way is dripping a few drops from the top of the coil as described. Pouring too much will not harm the coil. Might lead to a little flooding, or spitting when fired, but this will clear.

Thank you so much. Yes I see now its more important to prime from top of coil head than sides. I tried my best to saturate it enough. I am now letting it rest in the tank and I always let it rest for long. Very long actually.

• Optimistic

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thank you so much. Yes I see now its more important to prime from top of coil head than sides. I tried my best to saturate it enough. I am now letting it rest in the tank and I always let it rest for long. Very long actually.

I am sure this is all very new and foreign to you. With more exposure you will gain experience and before you know it, this will become second nature. You will discover what works, and what does not work and eventually develop your own methods.

Good luck, and enjoy the new tank

kashif

May 26, 2019
I am sure this is all very new and foreign to you. With more exposure you will gain experience and before you know it, this will become second nature. You will discover what works, and what does not work and eventually develop your own methods.

Good luck, and enjoy the new tank

Thank you so much :vapor:

• Optimistic

kashif

May 26, 2019
There are people who use this method. Open a blister pack, fill the pack full of juice while the coil is bathing.

You know what I actually love this idea. This way we can make sure that the cottin is saturated fully. I can always blow the juice off from the wicking area. I will have peace of mind that the cotton is saturated fully. Maybe will try with the next coil I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread