ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Harkin's Facebook is getting lit up..

https://www.facebook.com/tomharkin

Still going..........

My comment was simple and concerning a remark he made about the Constitution:

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson Senator Harkin your comment today: "I guess they (Canada) don't have a Constitution like we have that they have to worry about." was disheartening to say the least!

I figured this touches on the root problem.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
wv2win - BEAUTIFUL! Just beautiful presentations and arguments. Way! To! Go!

Thank you, Hulamoon. Your comments are much appreciated and very kind.

I'm thinking about sending a message to Senator Burr, thanking him for his intelligent commentary during the hearing and providing him the same letter I sent to my senator who wasn't present. My hope being that there will be further hearings and that maybe the people I recommended be asked to testify are invited.

I'm also thinking we should provide some positive feedback to Senator Burr through his contact page of his web site and on facebook if he has one.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Thank you, Hulamoon. Your comments are much appreciated and very kind.

I'm thinking about sending a message to Senator Burr, thanking him for his intelligent commentary during the hearing and providing him the same letter I sent to my senator who wasn't present. My hope being that there will be further hearings and that maybe the people I recommended be asked to testify are invited.

I'm also thinking we should provide some positive feedback to Senator Burr through his contact page of his web site and on facebook if he has one.

Please do. I have sent Senator Burr a short concise thank you and keep it up.

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
I'm really curious on what the stances of the other Senators not present are. I'm very curious of Senator Casey since he is the Democratic state Senator from PA, but he usually takes a very moderate stance, maybe leaning a bit to the left, so I hope he wouldn't go all Senator Harkin on the vaping community. Hopefully those Senators that did not attend but are on the committee make statements.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I just sent a thank you email to Senator Burr for believing in innovation and technology that can help us not hurt us. I'll do so as long as he keeps it up. We need more like him on our side. I also burned Harkin on his FB page for being, well, stupid....about the flavors and trying to say that a usb cord was designed towards kids.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Honorable Senator Burr,

I just want to thank your for your reasoned questions at the Senate HELP committee hearing today.

As an active member of the largest ecigarette forums (ECF) I'm well aware of how the FDA could be missing an opportunity to save more lives than any regulation they have ever passed, or miss the opportunity, and virtually condemn to death, more millions than we lost in all aspects of WWI and WWII. ... and you made that "what if they actually decrease percentage of smokers?" point, quite well!

A few more points of praise and I also put forth the idea of rolling back to a more favorable 'deeming' choice for the ecig industry - citing how small businesses and jobs will be lost if the current on goes to 'final'. Gave him a link and a page for reference....

I offered to contribute - I couldn't find a campaign site (did later) but also saw that he may retire in 2016 :-( If his staff provides a link to campaign I'll still contribute.... many of those 'may retires' don't mature.

edited my post #157 - re-watch - Alexander did pretty good! :)

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Sen harkin.jpg

It had to happen.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
As I posted on Tuesday, in the first thread on this topic, here is the letter I sent to Senator Isakson on Tuesday of this week:

Really well done wv2win!! I just scanned it while the show was one and came back and read it. It's fully packed hitting on all the important points. I may steal some of this :laugh: Great job!

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Which do you prefer? Corrupt or incompetent?

With Harkin, you don't have to choose: you get both in the same package. Check out the entry for him in wikipedia, from my recollections, it's a fair representation of his career. I've always thought of Harkin as the Democrats' answer to Chuck Hagel.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Really well done wv2win!! I just scanned it while the show was one and came back and read it. It's fully packed hitting on all the important points. I may steal some of this :laugh: Great job!

Thank you, Kent. Much appreciated. And steal any or all of it that you want. That is why I posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread