Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But the reason I say this is because a eightvape already emailed me saying they've secured new shipping and will continue doing business.

Yeah we know, but some of us aren't buying it until it all plays out.
    As I have said before in this and other thread, I have no faith in the vape industry to come up with working solutions to such problems. They have proven to me many times over the years that they are hopium-addicted incompetents who found investors. JMHO.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Nobody publisher scientific research for knowledge sake anymore. All research is privately funded and monopolized for profit. The old time medical journals only publish political junk science, with some sort of agenda. The AMA is so liberal that only 20% of all US physicians belong to it, yet they speak as if they are the sole voice of the medical community.

The Problem goes even Deeper than that.

Say I'm putting together a PMTA for a Companies line of e-Liquids. As per the FDA "Guidance", and thanks to Slantz at UCSF, they are going to want to see Study Data related to Heavy Metals.

But before I start to prepare an Analysis for Heavy Metals, I contact the FDA and ask what is the Maximum amount of Allowable for individual Metals in an e-liquid?

:tumble:

They Can't tell me because they Don't have a Standard for Heavy Metals in e-Liquids. So I ask, if our e-Liquids have Less Heavy Metals than in a comparable amount of Cigarettes, is that OK. Because there are Heavy Metals in Cigarettes. And I just want to know what might Disqualify my PMTA before I dump a bunch of Time and Money into it.

:tumble:

They Won't Say. In fact, there are No Published Standards for ANYTHING e-Cigarette related.

That Isn't Science. And it Isn't Public Health. It's not even really a Lottery. It's more Pissing in the Dark trying to Not hit the Floor. And this is what the FDA calls Regulations.

The FDA needs to start Publishing Standards. And it Needs some Transparency as to How these Standards were Establish. And it Needs people who are Tasked with Ensuring that a Standard is not so Restrictive that No One can Achieve it. But also Not too Laxed where the Standard doesn't do anything.

Anyway. I Don't want to turn this Thread into a How to Fix the FDA Thread. But the Next Fight is going to be over PMTA's. So I guess I'm just Looking down the road.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Its all about the money. Nothing to do with regulations or saving the children or about the health of a nation... from the first time they tried to stop the importation of vaping products at the port and failed their little government heads went snap and they have been sitting up and paying attention, watching closely ever since.
    Watching the growth of the market not just here but around the world, watching the direction it took, watching it grow enough to disrupt important government cash flow, watching the steps other governments took to stop it and how that worked out for them, watching and planning an end game that would be effective, seriously effective, effective enough to stop it in its tracks without government blame, no half measures... And they learned a lot... No blaming the government because well they didn't ban it or make it illegal, how to stop a black market before it begins, how to start a tobacco money flow again without taking blame.

When I was a kid the soles of shoes were made of leather. They didn't last long so we had to go get them resoled from time to time, couldn't afford to buy new shoes back then.

There was a widespread rumor that someone in America had invented a shoe sole that never wore out. He was paid off by the shoe industry to bury it and he was living in a mansion in Mexico.

It wasn't true but it could have been. This stuff has been going on forever. The corporations have the power. They use their money to control the politicians. There's a TV series called The Men Who Built America which documented the way the original Titans of Industry built their monopolies. They used every dirty trick in the book to crush their rivals, including paying off politicians. Just like Amazon and Facebook and the health insurance cartels and BT/BP today. It's never not been that way. The dooming of vape may have been implemented by politicians but they were just puppets controlled by the corporations.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    -2.jpg

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    How many online shops have you shared the video with?

Any?
    1. I am not in the vaping or tobacco business
    2. Whoever reads this forum, or the Reddit ecig forum
    And is in the business should have not only access to it but I would imagine is receiving it from that group.
    3. I recommend the video to all - It is interesting
    And,
    4. Gives me 'some hope' that it is not just a blumborg{sic} anti tobacco campaign {but you can bet his money is at least partially at fault - blumborg{sic} shows the danger of completely unregulated Capitalism, you can end up with psychos in power controlling everyone!!!} - but a sincere effort to prevent teen addiction to vaping and not to stop us and completely destroy our vaping hobby.

As the woman in the video said - If they really wanted to kill vaping enirely things would already be much worse - Time will tell and we will see what happens when alternative shipping starts to play out ?

#RegWatch #VapeNews
    COMPLY OR DIE | SFATA Releases Program to Ease FDA Reporting Burden | RegWatch

Last edited:

Taberu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 25, 2016
    Honestly... all the vapers that want to save vaping are only super passionate about it, even getting politically nerdy about it, and want to save it... only for purely selfish reasons (including myself)... only because it directly affects "themselves."

All of our excuses like - "what about all the people in rural areas?" ..."what about the old people with disabilities or cancer" ..."I was dying because I was a smoker for 20-60 years" ...etc., etc. is really utter BS... you just wanna save vaping, because YOU yourself vape (and don't wanna smoke again of course)! It's truly only about you and no one else.

Anti-vape people are laughing at this thread that's full of "preaching to the choir" replies and justifications.

That's why we lose.

Think about it... if you weren't a vaper, would you really give a F? Nope!
    Yes, I care? That is pure BS!

Sorry to be like that... but it's the truth.

I know.... it's hard to wrap your head around that.

Society is brainwashed with celebrities, fame, money, power, commercials/TV, sports, consumerism, image, etc., etc.
    Humanity and society will always be conformists if someone with fame/money/power speaks (eg: Hitler, Trump, TV, etc.)... If ads and commercials say vaping is bad, and I myself don't vape (even vapers) = then of course, I believe it! ....h3ll no to vape! Vaping is the d3vil! Cigarettes are better!

Reactions: r77r7r

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    To everyone here... cry me a river b*tch.

Time to go underground!
    While you are underground I have a warning - Down there near the bottom of the pit there is a reptilian alien shape shifter who is behind the 'big money', the money that counts, that is busily at work destroying the vape industry worldwide. He goes by the name Micheel Blumberg {sic} - He specializes in burning people.
    I keep dreaming that he will catch fire and burn
    - If you see this please come up and let us know!

Public Health Experts Outraged by Bloomberg-Funded Biased Study
    A number of consumer groups and public health experts, have raised serious concerns about the bias and false claims made by a recent University of Bath study, which explored the Twitter activity around the eighth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the World Health Organisation (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control..........

The researchers failed to apply any scientific method to their assumptions

The Bloomberg grant has prejudiced the quality of research conducted by the University of Bath’s TCRG

Public Health Experts Outraged by Bloomberg-Funded Biased Study - Vaping Post

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Honestly... all the vapers that want to save vaping are only super passionate about it, even getting politically nerdy about it, and want to save it... only for purely selfish reasons (including myself)... only because it directly affects "themselves."

All of our excuses like - "what about all the people in rural areas?" ..."what about the old people with disabilities or cancer" ..."I was dying because I was a smoker for 20-60 years" ...etc., etc. is really utter BS... you just wanna save vaping, because YOU yourself vape (and don't wanna smoke again of course)! It's truly only about you and no one else.

Anti-vape people are laughing at this thread that's full of "preaching to the choir" replies and justifications.

That's why we lose.

Think about it... if you weren't a vaper, would you really give a F? Nope!
    Yes, I care? That is pure BS!

Sorry to be like that... but it's the truth.

I know.... it's hard to wrap your head around that.

Society is brainwashed with celebrities, fame, money, power, commercials/TV, sports, consumerism, image, etc., etc.
    Humanity and society will always be conformists if someone with fame/money/power speaks (eg: Hitler, Trump, TV, etc.)... If ads and commercials say vaping is bad, and I myself don't vape (even vapers) = then of course, I believe it! ....h3ll no to vape! Vaping is the d3vil! Cigarettes are better!

I'm selfish, you say? Ah well. Thanks for breaking the news to me. I'll try to be a better human being in the future. No promises, though.

Taberu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 25, 2016
    Imo, energy is better spent on figuring out how to get product to people... shipping, P2P, more FS/trade/WTB websites, homemade juice sold locally, under-the-radar transactions, deceiving customs, etc.

You can’t play their game (politics) in their own “court” (no pun intended)... you’ll lose and can’t afford it.
    They play dirty and hard; we play soft like puppies.
    They can break and bend the law; we can get life for being innocent.
    They can change society’s perceptions with expensive non-stop ads; our “representatives” have tattoos, piercings, blue hair and look like junkies, lol.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    The economy was on fire and there was a shortage of workers that employers were forced to fight over.
    lol, that famous 4.5% increase in wages for the bottom earners under the previous administration?
    let's be generous and assume $10/hr which has turned into a whopping $10.45 under trump - way to go to eliminate the wealth gap :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread