Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I'll be receiving my 510 tomorrow. Of course I don't want to wait for the batteries to charge, so I was wondering if I could start immediately using the USB PassThrough. But on one vendor site I saw a replacement battery for a USB PassThrough, which leads me to believe that this battery will also need to be fully charged before it can be used.

Can anyone confirm? Can I use a USB PassThrough immediately, or will I have to fully charge all the batteries before I can start vaping?

To borrow someone's else's thread title, " I'm addicted before I even started!!!"

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
anyone have computer related issues due to using a usb passthrough?

I've been using my PT almost all day for about 3 weeks with no issues. Mind you, I have the type with the inline battery. Some don't have the battery and while I don't know for sure, the battery-less types would concern me more about the safety of my computer's USB port due to current draw.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I honestly don't trust the passthroughs on my computer. I use a 110v to USB adapter, and plug mine directly into the wall socket. I need my USB ports for business, and I won't take the chance.

I'm going to pull mine off the computer tonight. For one thing I have two going and the wires are getting into each other, and I never know if you have to 'safely remove' these like other devices. I have been.... Anyway, thanks for the nudge on this. I just happen to have another one of those 1amp x2 dual plugs left.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I'm going to pull mine off the computer tonight. For one thing I have two going and the wires are getting into each other, and I never know if you have to 'safely remove' these like other devices. I have been.... Anyway, thanks for the nudge on this. I just happen to have another one of those 1amp x2 dual plugs left.

Good idea. I never had a problem with the computer, but as I said, I don't want to take the chance. The cost of a 110v converter is a lot less than the cost of computer repairs.

I don't think the "safe remove" matters. That's mostly for USB memory. If the memory stick is transferring data when you unplug it, it's said you can damage the memory stick. (Not to mention the loss of data.)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Good idea. I never had a problem with the computer, but as I said, I don't want to take the chance. The cost of a 110v converter is a lot less than the cost of computer repairs.

I don't think the "safe remove" matters. That's mostly for USB memory. If the memory stick is transferring data when you unplug it, it's said you can damage the memory stick. (Not to mention the loss of data.)

I've seen one case where that port couldn't be used either until a configure.... But I think you're right on that it's the type of device being used.

agga40s

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
I have had zero luck with passthroughs. I've bought five of them. The first one worked about 2 weeks...three other ones lasted only hours. I have another on order, but this is the last one I will try.

The reason I keep trying is that I absolutely loved the first one. I plugged it directly into the wall and it was great not worrying about using up the batteries I take when I go out. But the quality is crap. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I have had zero luck with passthroughs. I've bought five of them. The first one worked about 2 weeks...three other ones lasted only hours. I have another on order, but this is the last one I will try.

The reason I keep trying is that I absolutely loved the first one. I plugged it directly into the wall and it was great not worrying about using up the batteries I take when I go out. But the quality is crap. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I gave up after my second passthrough went belly up after only a month or two. Now I make my own, for less than 5 bucks, and 15 minutes of my time.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/31160-nicostick-passthrough-thanks-nicowolf.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread