Usb passthru car adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
In the house I use a USB wall adapter that puts out 5V 1500ma, and that works great with my PTs. In the car I use a USB adapter that puts out 5V and 1000ma, and it works just okay on all three of my PTs. Not as good as the house adapter. I've Googled car USB adapters that output 5V 1500ma and found a few under $15. I may try one of them to improve the vapor output I get from the one I use in the car now. The regular battery charging USB car adapters usually put out only 500ma, which isn't sufficient to power a passthrough.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
This one has selectable voltage. I just ordered one. I think it is 3, 4.5, 5, 6V. The package says 1000mah. Thanks for promting me to go look again, the price went down and I'm getting 2 for under 8 bucks - free shipping!:)
I had an old one like that I bought in Europe (years ago) and it worked great on a homemade passthrough...4.5V was just right on my 401... til I used it in a friend's lighter and the fuse blew:-x

Amazon.com: Sony DCC-E345 Car DC Adaptor with Selectable Voltage Switch: Electronics

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
This one has selectable voltage. I just ordered one. I think it is 3, 4.5, 5, 6V. The package says 1000mah. Thanks for promting me to go look again, the price went down and I'm getting 2 for under 8 bucks - free shipping!:)

Amazon.com: Sony DCC-E345 Car DC Adaptor with Selectable Voltage Switch: Electronics

I got these today and thought I would update. I haven't tried it yet because I have to make an adapter for it. Not as simple as I had hoped. The voltage choices are 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6 Volts. The switch is only 2 position and then there are 2 separate 4 pin plugs for 1.5 & 3V and another for 4.5 & 6V. Have to play with it...not sure what is inside the plugs to change the voltage...
I don't get why these are so readily available in Europe but not in the states!
Oh, and it didn't come in the package shown, just a sealed plastic bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread