Using atomizer mesh as a wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2danexxus

ECF Veteran
So I was looking at wick materials and had always seen where people use SS mesh as a wick as opposed to silica. I was browsing through THIS POST as well and I've been pondering, has anyone tried using the mesh from an old dead atty (I've got a few 510s) as a wick in anything? I've searched a bit and can't seem to find anything, but I may have missed it. Any takers?

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
There are eGo-T-like attys which have metal mesh wicks right from the manufacturer. I've got some from one supplier. I saw their work differently than silica wicks. They tend to flood atty right from being brand new. Looks like e-liquid conductivity of the metal mesh is higher than of silica fiber. however, in case you do some experiments, let us know.

VWFringe

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
South Orange County, CA
I wonder if ceramic would work - I see ceramic wicks used for fragrances and mosquito repellant burners, but i don't know how fast they'd wick

I'm guessing there's something in this world besides ss mesh and fiberglass, haha
prolly many things - check the melting temp of the nickel mesh if you can, and compare it to the dry burn temps - if you can singe the metal you probably don't want to breath whatever it might outgas, but if it's melting temp is way higher...be safe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread