Using LR cartomizers with the Bloog battery...anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
I recently got a mod and have been using it with 2.0ohm and 1.7ohm attys (510 and 306) as well as with my MaxxFusion cartos. Since the MF cartos run about 2.5 ohms, quite obviously the throat hit is somewhat diminished as opposed to the 2.0 and 1.7 resistance atomizers.

It got me to thinking, would using a LR 808 cartomizer on the Bloog battery increase production? Seems like according to Ohm's Law, a 2.0ohm LR cartomizer on the Bloog battery would still only give you about 1.8 to 1.85 amps, which wouldn't (I don't think) trip any protection circuits the Bloog might have. I ordered 10 LR cartomizers to test this out, anyone else tried this and with what results?

Also, does Bloog have any plans to manufacture/sell LR cartos anytime soon? Thanks.

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
The bloog cartos are at about 2.6 ohms. The lower 2.2 or so ohm ones seemed to burn, but that might just be the carto itself. i havn't heard about the lower resistance ones being used, but they may work. Keep us posted.

I can't imagine the LR cartos would burn on a Bloog 3.7V battery when they don't burn on my Ultrafire 3.7V 2900 mAh battery. Anyone else try this? If not, I'll update this thread next week with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread