Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
So according to USPS my order from FT was delivered yesterday. It was not in the mailbox. Today, it still wasn't there. Should I be worried? I've never had this problem before.

If I had one tracking said was delivered but I didn't get, I would be calling USPS to find out where they delivered it.

vape On
:vapor:

AR15Keith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
The post office is having issues lately. Your not the only one. I was supposed to have a package yesterday. Monday it was in Fresno, CA, today the tracking shows it being in Puerto Rico. And the mailman hasnt been here yet today.

Well good luck to you. That does make me feel a little better except I had another piece of vapemail show up today and the tracking was dead on.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
Haven't had that particular problem yet, when my last package took a detour to Hawaii the tracking followed it every step of the way. They just absolutely refused to send me out to pick it up myself though. Honestly, I wonder if the gov shutdown does have something to do with the current batch of postal issues. They're self funded but I think a lot of their QC people may have been furloughed.

cdf294

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
30° 16' 0"/97° 44' 34"
Not sure what is going on at the PO- I don't think the shutdown is the problem. The USPS has been thinning employees and increasing workload the past 12 months or so, according to a friend who is a mail carrier. I have been having various delivery problems for quite a while and it appears to be getting worse.
Had vapemail out for delivery at 8:30 this morning. At 9:30, tracking marked "undeliverable as addressed". At 10:45, shown as "delivered" but wasn't in mail box. At 1pm, it was in my mail box. Just glad it got here since I thought it was either returned to sender or lost.

Good luck and hope you get your package soon.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I'm not trying to insult post office employees because the ones I've known personally were good people trying to do their jobs, but it's because of the postal service itself that I choose to use other carriers when personally sending packages.

And from what I've seen, postal service tracking is more like a weather forecast; it's pretty much an educated guess based on certain conditions, not an accurate assessment of reality.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
An order I placed with FT departed San Francisco on Sept. 2, still haven't received it and no other tracking info.
If it's First Class Mail.....it's generally just "Delivery Confirmation" -- not real "tracking", just notification when it gets to its FINAL destination....(this varies, it seems, by geographical location...some FCM stuff has tracked through for me...!!)
Priority Mail SHOULD provide tracking for EVERY station it passes through....BUT the info is often delayed in the "system"...
I've had packages "processed through" the area Center on a given day....the...NOTHING!! But when I check my box later that day...I find it has indeed been "Delivered"!!:D Methinks it all boils down to the "nut behind the wheel" -- ie., Postal employees slow on the draw....:(
In YOUR case......a TRACE is DEFINITELY in order!!! 6 WEEKS is really pushing things!!

toughguitar

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Central FL
I've had a couple of other orders from FT with no problem. After the 30 days, I've inquired with both USPS and FT. I got the typical stock answer that its not a tracking # and have to take it up with the shipper. FT said to wait a little longer, but promised to reship or refund the purchase. It's not a big order, and the hassle is not worth it. The package was scanned as departing S.F. over a month ago and USPS seems to not care where it went. We will see if FT will make good on a lost package.

Nuvene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Chandler, Az
Just yesterday I had a package that showed out for delivery. Then it showed notice left, as if I had to sign for something, but no notice was left at all. When I went to a place to pick it up the lady said there was no reason it shouldn't have been delivered. It was small enough to fit in my mailbox, didn't require a signature or anything else that should have stopped it from being left. She said it sounds like a bad carrier and planned to report it to her supervisor to fin out why this happened. A few months ago I had 2 packages (not e-cig related) that were shipped 2 day delivery, from my city. They shipped on different days, both showed delivered on time, then went BACK to the post office and I got them back a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread