Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
More packages dropping into the system for the holidays and it is probably causing some problems with the automation. I work in logistics and we have this issue with tracking every year around three weeks prior to Christmas.

They use automated scanners on their conveyor/sort system and when a package is upside down and can't scan at a hub it's not being addressed. Normally those are resolved but the volumes are probably to high and they have shut off the exceptions reporting and are letting them pass through.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm in another country, so maybe my issues are related mostly to international shipping, but I've had the following in the last month with USPS...

* No tracking - the item has the electronic info registered and then nothing until it shows at my door.

* Stalled tracking - the item is tracked to a location and then the tracking doesn't update until it's out for delivery.

* Unavailable - this is intermittent; packages pop in and out of online tracking. The same package can wink in and out of existence several times.

* Black Hole - some packages go to a location and sit there for weeks (not in customs, just in some random location).

* Bizarro routing - I had a package sent from Seattle (200 kms from me) that got sent to Israel (you read that right) and then to me.

Soooo... yeah, I'd say USPS is pretty taxed at the moment. Doesn't help you in your hour of need, of course, but I can also say that everything eventually got to me.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
In the past two weeks I've had one package reported as "undeliverable" and ended up returned to the vendor, one package that overshot me by 1700 miles and somehow ended up in Vermont (where it currently remains), one package that simply hasn't moved in over a week, and WATCHED from my door as the mail carrier put a pink "sorry we missed you" slip in my mailbox for a package I then had drive to the post office (across town), to pick up the next day. Looks like USPS is struggling/stressed more than normal this holiday season. Regular letters seem to be moving just fine, it's packages (even very small ones), and bubble envelopes that seem to be a problem for them.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
lol I have a package that was supposed to be delivered today... On it's way here from IL over the past two weeks it's been to Hawaii, California, Seattle, and it finally arrived in Denver this evening. It's supposed (fingers crossed) to be delivered tomorrow... At least I'll have a good starting steep for thin juice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread