hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again and thanks for tuning in for yet another review of mine. This time I will be discussing the uwell Aeglos P1. A while back I reviewed the original Aeglos and liked it quite well. The P1 is definitely an upgrade from the original with some really nice features. I was sent the Aeglos P1 by sourcemore in order to provide a fair and honest review. I hope to accomplish that and give an opinion or two along the way. There are a ton of pod mods on the market with what seems like more coming out each day. Hopefully the Aeglos P1 can hold its own and have some features that will make it stand out. Let’s take a look at some product information and see if the P1 might be something you would like to try.
    Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Smooth-Operation.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Colors-Available.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Aeglos P1 Device
    1* FeCrAI UN2 Meshed-H 0.2ohm Aeglos P1 Coil (pre-installed, DTL)
    1* FeCrAI UN2 Meshed-H 0.6ohm Aeglos P1 Coil (RDL + MTL)
    1* Pack of O-rings
    1* User Manual

upload_2021-7-21_7-47-17.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Specification.jpg

FEATURES:

• 1. Easy adjustment, smooth operation
    • 2. Perfect for any tank you can find
    • 3. Replaceable 18650 battery, 5V/2A quick charging
    • 4. 0.96 inch high-definition TFT color display
    • 5. Device lock(fast press 5 times) features an accident firing prevention
    • 6. Adjustable airflow and output
    • 7. The Pro-FOCS technology ensures an authentic flavor juice
    • 8. Puff counting to keep track of your vaping
    • 9. Self-adaptive to different coil resistance
    • 10. Compatible with Aeglos coils
    • 11. Highly versatile atomization system

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Color.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Adjust-Power.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Atomization.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Comfortable-in-Hand.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Compatible-Coils.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Fast-Charging.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Flavor.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Overview.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-Self-Adapt.jpg

Uwell-Aeglos-P1-Kit-TFT-Color-Screen.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the P1 is pretty average for a device like this. Not fancy but not cheap. When I opened it, I immediately liked the appearance of it. The brown leather is very attractive in my opinion along with the zinc alloy frame. One thing that I noticed early on was how they shaped the bottom of the device. It does give it a nice appearance but makes it easier to tip over when sitting on a table or desk. It looks good but takes away from the stability a little bit.

upload_2021-7-21_7-56-41.png

On one side of the mod the word UWELL is stamped into the leather and the other side has the word AEGLOS stamped into the leather. The leather wrap is part of the C frame that covers the battery and battery compartment. There are also two lines of stitching in the leather. I noticed that the leather wrap does not seem to be padded at all underneath. It’s not something that bothered me but I did notice that when pushed on the backing seems solid and not padded at all.

upload_2021-7-21_7-57-18.png

upload_2021-7-21_7-57-35.png

upload_2021-7-21_7-57-55.png

upload_2021-7-21_7-58-12.png

Like I said, I think the P1 has a very attractive appearance. On the front of the device is the nice sized square fire button with the multicolored display underneath followed by the plus and minus buttons that are a little on the small side but not bad. On the bottom is the USB-C charging port which offers a 2 amp charging rate if you have to use it to charge. I ran an 18650 battery down until the battery indicator was red and was able to recharge in a little over an hour. I was able to get 290 puffs on the .2 ohm coil with the output set at 32 watts and airflow control about 1/3 open. The .2 ohm coil is rated 45-52 watts but I really liked the flavor I was getting at the lower setting I was running and had no issues with leaking despite running the coil lower. The other coil included is a .6 ohm coil. I didn’t like this coil near as much as the .2 coil. Even with the airflow completely open it was a fairly restricted direct lung vape. I ended up running this one at 20 watts while it was rated at 23-27 watts. This is out of character for me since I tend to like the higher resistance coil in most kits that I test for reviews.

One thing that I didn’t quite understand was what the bottom o ring on the coils is for. When you press the coil in the top one and the next one down seal in the pod tank but the bottom one doesn’t really make a seal that I can tell.

upload_2021-7-21_7-59-32.png

upload_2021-7-21_7-59-53.png

I very much like the multicolored display on the Aeglos. It’s easy to read and very bright in my opinion. From top to bottom the display shows:

- Pow(power) and battery indicator

- Set wattage

- Puff counter

- Voltage under load

- Coil resistance

- Time of current puff

The menu system is fairly simplistic on this one:

- Press the fire button five times to turn on and off

- Press + and – buttons to reset puff counter

- Press fire button and – button to lock entire device

- Press fire button and + button to lock just the adjustment buttons

- Press the fire button and the + and – buttons to do a factory reset

upload_2021-7-21_8-0-32.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I liked the Uwell Aeglos quite a bit. I definitely preferred the .2 ohm coil on this one. To me the .6 ohm coil was just a little too restricted on the airflow even with the airflow completely open. I wanted to run this coil at 21 watts but the vapor was just a little too warm for me so I ended up turning it down to 19 watts.

I neither like nor dislike the smart function. It really doesn’t matter to me since I’m going to set it where I want but can see where it is good for inexperienced users. I know it’s quite a bit lower than the recommended wattage but I really liked the .2 coil in the low 30 watt range. To me I got plenty of flavor and vapor at that setting and it wasn’t too warm since I don’t like that. Both of the coils produced very good flavor in my opinion.

The style of airflow adjustment on this one reminds me of some other pod mods that I’ve reviewed in the past but the fins on the tank are a new design and it’s kind of nice how they only turn so much before the fin stops it rather than have a pod that can be turned 360 degrees.

The Aeglos is very attractive in my opinion and I very much like the design and hand feel of it. I like it enough that I have already ordered a 510 adapter for it. It would have been nice if it had been included in the kit or even sent along with the kit by Sourcemore.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Lilia for sending the Uwell Aeglos P1 Pod mod kit for this review. Also a big thanks to all of you readers. Below is a link to the product on the Sourcemore website and a coupon code if you’d like to try one yourself.

Uwell Aeglos P1 Kit 80W Pod Mod Kit (sourcemore.com)

Coupon code: AEP1 $26.81

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, good looking device with a nice screen.

Thanks. I really like the different colors on the screen. That and the font is big enough so it's pretty easy to read.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review.
    The Mod is really very nice, the lower part is too narrow.

Thanks! I agree about the base. I had it sitting on the table beside me when I was writing the review and can see where it can be easy to knock over. Other than that I really like it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I as well as you think it is a winner for sure Hit!

Yes, it's really nice but I already stock so many different coils and am excited to get the 510 adapter so I can see how I like it with that. the only down side is it's going to add to the height some.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ll be interested to hear if using an rta makes it more likely to topple over. 510 option, and using an 18650 makes it more versatile and long lasting

That's my concern also with using an rta on it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I ordered a 510 adapter to try and it arrived yesterday from the UK after only six days. I wanted to show that and tell you that the magnets are very strong so be sure to screw the tank on the adapter before installing it onto the mod.

f7a69764b201a7b46ab1976635c489d6.jpg

0b25e8eef3cdc6c6fd2c250ec6289b01.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread