Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for today's review of the Aeglos Pod System from uwell that was provided to me from Healthcabin and can be purchased from them with a big discount after signing in that brings the price down to $23.00 by clicking on the link Uwell Aeglos Pod System Kit 1500mAh 3.5ml. The Aeglos is a Pod system that houses a built in 1500 mAH battery and has a wattage range of 5-60w and is a wattage only device making it a very simple device to operate. Before my review I'll go over some details and we will get to know the Aeglos a little bit.

COLOR CHOICES

Uwell_Aeglos_Kit_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE AEGLOS

20201224_085735.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_Specifications.jpg

SELF CLEANING

aeglos-pod-system-20201114100736-06.jpg

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

aeglos-pod-system-20201114100736-07.jpg

TYPE-C 1 HOUR CHARGING

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_Fast_Charging.jpg

TOP FILL WITH 1 WAY VALVE

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_Top_Filling.jpg

PUFF COUNTER

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_Puff.jpg

0.96-INCH DISPLAY

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_OLED_Screen.jpg

REPLACEABLE COILS

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_Coils.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF THE AEGLOS

Uwell_Aeglos_Pod_Kit_Overview.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

My first impression of the Aeglos was of joy for the color alone because I received a blue one for review and that happens to be my favorite color, packaging was nice having a outer case and a inner box that contained the device along with the charge cable, owners manual, extra o-rings, warning card, 2 mouthpiece plugs and a 2nd coil 0.8Ω round wire rated for 20-23w. Preinstalled is the 0.23Ω mesh coil rated at 40-45w.

Picking up the device I was surprised at how light it was even knowing it was made of aluminum alloy already. The 3.5ml Pod is a totally clear pod with no tinting of any kind which was another step in the right direction making juice viewing easy as well as your coils wick holes. The mouthpiece is the duckbill type with a nice sized airflow hole. Power button is at the top with your up and down buttons at the bottom above Aeglos branding. All three buttons are raised up just enough to be able to find without looking for them. The device is a fast scroller and increases in 1 watt increments and also round robins.

20201228_084720.jpg

To get to your fillport which is top fill, hold the pod itself and push the mouthpiece top to pop it off exposing the one way fill valve that some manufacturers are now using, this one way valve works great and I wish that more company's would implement it in their devices. How it works is this, there are 3 membranes that are pliable enough to allow your juice bottle tip to be inserted for filling and close back up when the tip is removed. On one side of the pod is the fillport while on the other side is a air relief hole making filling a no mess operation and your air tube sits between both of them in red.

20201227_082517.jpg

The fillport is large enough that 100ml Gorilla bottles fit with no problem at all. When the membrane is closed you can even turn it upside down without worry of any leaking.

20201224_094425.jpg

20201227_084302.jpg

The charge port is located on the bottom of the device along with 3 venting holes.

20201228_083653.jpg

The Aeglos does have adjustable airflow but it sits inside the device itself and to get to it you will have to remove the Pod itself by a simple pulling up on the Pod from it's base to expose the airflow controller. Once it's set to your preference it will not come off it's setting but you will have to remove the Pod a couple times to find your sweet spot. The airflow is very smooth with no turbulence at any setting for DL or RDL but for anyone that likes a true tight MTL this does not close down tight enough and the hole in the mouthpiece is to large for it anyway, this is my personal opinion. If you like a very airy MTL this might work for you.

20201224_093716.jpg

The Aeglos gets it's air feed from 2 air slots at the top of the device located on both sides of the device, when the airflow wheel is turned a cover is moved blocking off the amount of air coming in through the slots, whatever happens on one side happens on the other side. In this picture you can see it's about half closed.

20201228_090028.jpg

One last thing to mention on the mouthpiece itself are the 2 little rubber plugs that you get a extra pair of in your o-ring bag, they go at the very top of the mouthpiece plugging the fillport and air relief hole of the Pod.

20201228_091507.jpg

Now let's move on to the display screen that is large enough to view all your information easily without any eye strain and has plenty of brightness that it can be seen in outdoor sunlight. The information is displayed very well with your only mode ( POWER ) in the upper left, next to it is your battery meter with your wattage in the center. Under your wattage is volts,coil, seconds vaped and finally your puff counter.

20201225_085412.jpg

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I have been using the Aeglos for almost a week and have to say after reviewing many Pod devices that the Aeglos fits into the better class of Pods list. There are some things that I wish were different such as the airflow adjustment being outside the device instead of having to remove the Pod to adjust it, but at least it has adjustable airflow that happens to be very smooth also.

My own personal opinion is that this is a RDL or DL device because even fully closed I can't get it tight enough for a true tight MTL vape but like I said my personal opinion, you might find it works for you if you like a very airy MTL vape.

I haven't even mentioned flavor until now because I was saving the best feature for the end of the review, the flavor is great from the 0.23Ω mesh coil that I've been vaping at the min 40w and it's still popping after many refills of the Pod. As far as battery life goes I'm getting 160 to 166 vapes on a fully charged battery that for a 1500 mAH battery is very good.

In the time I've used it it never leaked except 1 time a small drop of liquid dripped out but it was my fault and not the Pods, I was filling it and received a phone call and left the mouthpiece off for a fair amount of time at which it leaked out 1 drop of juice, remember those 2 little rubber plugs in the mouthpiece to plug the fill port and air relief hole, yes without them being plugged in pressure was lost in the Pod resulting in the 1 drop.

There is so much to like about the Aeglos and so little to not like that I think it's a winner for flavor, weight factor, display and ease of use, I mean it has no menu just button combinations which I'll go through now.

* ON/OFF - 5 presses of the power button
    * Up and power button held together locks the wattage
    * Down and power button held together locks the entire device
    * Up and down button held together clears the puff counter

So closing out the review I will tell you that the Aeglos has been problem free and has worked as it was intended to, giving great flavor as well as vapor production while being a easy to operate device that simply works and works very well.

I would like to thank Sue and Healthcabin for providing the UWELL Aeglos Pod System for review. I hope that this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Aeglos.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread