Uwell Cailburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi, I am Infinix user and the battery almost dead so looking for a better device without having spitting issues as well.. Do you recommend Caliburn ? I am only concerned about the airflow!
I don't have the Caliburn, but hear it's pretty good. In the same stick type form factor, I'm really liking the Vladdin RE- it's my favorite pod at the moment, and working flawlessly. And the Aspire Kwit Stick is looking very interesting. Aspire has a history of making some of the most popular coils ever, and respected reviewers like Grimm Green & others are giving it big kudos.

gokhanagra

Jun 12, 2019
I don't have the Caliburn, but hear it's pretty good. In the same stick type form factor, I'm really liking the Vladdin RE- it's my favorite pod at the moment, and working flawlessly. And the Aspire Kwit Stick is looking very interesting. Aspire has a history of making some of the most popular coils ever, and respected reviewers like Grimm Green & others are giving it big kudos.
Well I was looking for Sourin Edge, Vladdin RE looks also very good and it is exatcly my style. I only consern about the battery. If you say that there is no any issue with it I might try that

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well I was looking for Sourin Edge, Vladdin RE looks also very good and it is exatcly my style. I only consern about the battery. If you say that there is no any issue with it I might try that
To be honest, with devices this size, I don't really worry about battery life, so I couldn't compare. Nothing under 500mAh will last most people very long. But I don't use it as my only device, just an occasional hit, backing up my main. But if I leave the house for a while, I may take only a pod or two. If I used it, or anything this size full time, I'd have a backup to stick in my pocket.

Hell, I could put a half dozen of these in my pocket, and it still wouldn't weigh down my pants as much as my tiny Nugget X and True MTL tank!

But yeah, the Vladdin delivers a pretty solid vape. At first, I didn't get near enough flavor or TH, but that was with all VG 14mg juice. I mixed up a "pod mix" with 24mg at 50/50, and this thing hits & tastes great with that.

I have used the Caliburn for about a month and a half now, and there are some pros and just one con to it.

Pros:
- Good flavour and vape production for something so small and light
- Extremely loose MTL
- Slightly tight DTL
-Very quick to get to full charge, so even if you run out of battery, you can just hook it up to your laptop, car charger for a charge - fully charges in about 35 minutes (from Red LED).
- Love the two fill holes, as it expels air from one as you fill the other. No more mess with bubbles popping out your juice as you fill
- Lightweight and easily fits anywhere.
- Am still using the same pods that came with it all this while even though I bought an extra 4-pack.
- Cheap and cheerful!

Con:
- When refilling, some juice tends to flow through the coils into the centre of the pod. I believe this is due to the air pressure when snapping back the top cap to seal the holes which pushes a tiny bit of the liquid through the coils which then flows down the inside of the pod onto the contacts.

What I do is to sit the pod upright on a tissue for a few minutes after refilling to blot out the juice that flows out, as you can see in the pic.

Apart from that, it's a good one, folks!

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpeg
    IMG_0604.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0605.jpeg
    IMG_0605.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
PodLife - Uwell Caliburn - 2 months later ...

So, here are my pod impressions of the Uwell Caliburn after several weeks of action.
For a good four months I have now arrived back at the MTL and must say that the changeover worked after a few hurdles.
Instead of 30 Ml with 1.5 nicotine and it is now 6 ML with 8 nicotine which in the end is the same. Except for the hundreds of ML VG / PG which no longer have to go through my lungs to get to the NICOTINE.
Goodbye "Clouds Bro" ..

I've paid my apprenticeship in several different pod systems and now I'm stuck on the Caliburn. Orion, Zero, Bo, Nord, Infinix, MyJet, Elven, Trinity and those I forgot.
I am used to a light MTL draw and it suits me quite well.

Here are the Pro / Contra points that make the Caliburn number one for me

Filling - Pull off top cap and fill. Goes unblemished with Unicorn and Gorilla bottles thanks to the two large air holes. No annoying silicone stuffed or other handstands. In addition TopFill which prevents a leakage in the pod.
Coil Life - For me and my sweet, creamy pudding liquids, the pods last a long time. All others had between 3 and 6 days left. This time it even made it up to 3 weeks.
Taste/Flavour - Should be almost at the top. The best pod I've vaped so far.
Charge - 30 minutes for a full charge at 0.7A. So long can you really wait. Any other was far over time.
Pods - 1 pod - 1 charge - so the 2 ML are enough until the battery is empty.
Auto Draw - Again, the hype. The automatic draw is really good. Always works and can if you want to be made by button.
On / Off - You can also switch off the pod. That was also important to me because the automatic draw is also off and auto fire is prevented while carry it.
Price / Value -Was not that important but worth mentioning. For a 20/30 CHF device it offers safety, fun, handling and is reliable. Also, the coils are "cheap" for the life. 20 pack is a pod at 2.50 CHF.
Handling - The Pod has fallen down to me now a few times, was on the beach in the sand and I stepped on it too. All but a few scratches are still running.
Customizing - Also 3rd party manufacturers have now refilled and coloured transparent caps supplied. Matchy - Matchy and you see the liquid even better.

Conclusion:
Have now 5 pieces. 3 in use and 2 in reserve. So far no new other device tasted nor bought.
Have recommended it to my father-in-law and he is also satisfied. It would also refer to any other recommendation and to the "loose" MTL.
We were just 3 weeks in Cyprus at 35 - 40 degrees. I've never been so stress-free on vacation. A few pods and a USB charger and liquid. That's it. Compared to earlier a picnic.
Had my 3 which I need in action and no one has let me down. I'm curious about the winter because I steam outside is outside temperature crucial. Too cold and the taste suffers brutally.

The Uwell Caliburn convinced me and I'm glad to have bought it.
Over on out!

Caliburn.jpg

Last edited:

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
I haven't seen the replacements caps locally, but now I'm on the lookout. These are damned fine vapes and still the benchmark for flavor in the pod segment. I've tried a number of pods and nothing comes close.
I haven't seen any of the Caliburn pods locally either. Although I do have a lot of shops around and in a pinch I suppose I could probably find them if I was desperate enough [emoji28]

The pods last a long time, though. After about 2 weeks of frequent use, it's about time to replace. You could probably push 3 weeks if you are being frugal and don't mind a decline in flavor. 4 weeks perhaps if you are desperate enough [emoji12]

Great, flavorful device for sure. I'll probably order a second one soon.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I haven't seen the replacements caps locally, but now I'm on the lookout. These are damned fine vapes and still the benchmark for flavor in the pod segment. I've tried a number of pods and nothing comes close.
Looks like this may be them on Fasttech, no?

Reactions: Katdarling

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I was so lost as to why so many like this device. I have one and both pods produced little to no vapor with lite flavor with way too much spit back. Threw the device in a drawer as it just was a terrible vape. I kept hearing everyone rave how the flavor is so good and thought they must have been paid off to say that. It was just due to my experiences.

Fast forward to today when just for the heck of it, I changed a pod for one of the replacements I bought just to hit enough money for free shipping somewhere. WOW, I get it now. The flavor is spot on and the vapor is decent with good TH. So glad I bought extra pods for this thing or I would have never known what all the hoopla was about.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I was so lost as to why so many like this device. I have one and both pods produced little to no vapor with lite flavor with way too much spit back. Threw the device in a drawer as it just was a terrible vape. I kept hearing everyone rave how the flavor is so good and thought they must have been paid off to say that. It was just due to my experiences.

Fast forward to today when just for the heck of it, I changed a pod for one of the replacements I bought just to hit enough money for free shipping somewhere. WOW, I get it now. The flavor is spot on and the vapor is decent with good TH. So glad I bought extra pods for this thing or I would have never known what all the hoopla was about.

I've been through a few dozen pods and I have found that occasionally you get one with poor flavor or short lifespan. But generally they do work well, as advertised.

Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I've been through a few dozen pods and I have found that occasionally you get one with poor flavor or short lifespan. But generally they do work well, as advertised.
The two that came with mine were both duds. Probably a low percentage of a chance for that to happen. Sure am glad I bought others on a whim.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
2 new caps in all colours are on the market:

Acrylic -> these are the latest ones. Will give them a try as well.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10063971/9704970-replacement-acrylic-drip-tip-for-uwell-caliburn

Polypropylene -> These i do own. They do not seal properly and you have liquid around your pod. They do work but you will have to clean the pods and clean the condensation and some liquid out of your device more often.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10063110/9704727-replacement-polypropylene-drip-tip-for-uwell

• Informative
Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread