Uwell Crown 1 tank drip tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Hey folks!

I have a Uwell Crown tank, and I love it, except for the drip tip. I have a nickel allergy, an I'm having an issue with irritation from the metal drip tip. Do you have any recommendations for an acrylic/etc. drip tip that fits the Crown?

Thanks!!
I have two of these tanks. They use 510 size drip tips. That is probably the most common of all drip tip sizes and can be found wherever drip tips are sold.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Also I'd just like to say, the O.G. CROWN TANK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hubba::thumbs::banana::vapor::rules:<<Not those rulez
There was a long period when Crown was having problems with the coils. There have also been a lot of fake Crown 1 coils for sale that are of very poor quality. If you get good quality original coils I agree with your joy. They do gunk up quickly if you are using sweet juice. They also require careful breakin.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
There was a long period when Crown was having problems with the coils. There have also been a lot of fake Crown 1 coils for sale that are of very poor quality. If you get good quality original coils I agree with your joy. They do gunk up quickly if you are using sweet juice. They also require careful breakin.
Whose selling these fake coils?!? I just bought a couple four packs from ecig.com so please tell me they would never sell fakes. Seriously though can y'all list the websites that you've gotten fakes from? This information would be invaluable to the crown owners in this forum.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Whose selling these fake coils?!? I just bought a couple four packs from ecig.com so please tell me they would never sell fakes. Seriously though can y'all list the websites that you've gotten fakes from? This information would be invaluable to the crown owners in this forum.

If you buy from the usual popular China dealers you are safe. It is those on Ebay and other alternative sites that have these fakes. I don't believe places like Fastech, 3Fvape or Gearbest would sell copies when they list an item as genuine.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
If you buy from the usual popular China dealers you are safe. It is those on Ebay and other alternative sites that have these fakes. I don't believe places like Fastech, 3Fvape or Gearbest would sell copies when they list an item as genuine.
Ok thanks, yea I trust fasttech as I've used them for years. They are my go-to for China orders. I was worried that maybe some U.S. vendors were maybe being duped into selling fakes or something. Good news, I don't buy vape stuff from eBay, or really anything now that I think about it.

K-Space

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2010
Delaware
Anyone have experience with the Crown 1 coils from My Vapor Store? I have a pack in my cart there, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Just bought a Crown Tank from mvs about 10 days ago still using original coil but also two 4 packs of the .5 coils.
they've been my go to... for about 4 years now

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just bought a Crown Tank from mvs about 10 days ago still using original coil but also two 4 packs of the .5 coils.
Wait the Crown tank has been your setup for 4 years?!?!? Has the Uwell Crown tank been around for 4 years? Or am I missing something?

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Wait the Crown tank has been your setup for 4 years?!?!? Has the Uwell Crown tank been around for 4 years? Or am I missing something?

Crown has been around from many years, I've only used two tanks with pre-made coils since I quit in 2011, the STM and the Crown. Both have been around a pretty long time.

I would venture to say that when K-space said "for about 4 years now" he tossing out an estimate not an exact measurement of time. I'm sure you could use the net to find out the exact release of the original crown if it's that important. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser drip tips on my Crown 1 tanks. tanks and coils came from Fast tech. (authentic)

upload_2017-10-2_0-46-58.jpeg

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA

I know this thread is old but I just bought the OG Crown. Day I was great minus the first half of tank not having flavor. Now on day 2 and I’m regretting buying it instead of the Smok Prince tank.

This is the .25 coil. I first poked 3 holes in each side cotton panel with a needle. I then put a few drops of juice on the coil, place a napkin over the top and blow into the coil pushing all the juice down. I do this until I see that the side holes are wet. I then add juice to the cotton on the side holes, blow again and wipe off any excess juice.

Once that is done I fill up the tank and take 5 dry hits with the airflow closed and let it sit at least 30 min. I then reduce wattage to 30w and hit the fire button to do 5 quick hits with the airflow open. I then start vaping by slowly increasing wattage over a few hours. I usually vape around 55w. I vape lung hits about 2-2.5seconds long. I try to wait 10-20 seconds in between hits but I was a long time smoker so sometimes this is challenging. My juices are 70/30nicotine 3mg.

What am I doing wrong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread