Not open for further replies.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Hi! Unfortunately, we only have two parallel coils

Two paralell coils ?
    Do you mean the 0.4 and the 0.25 coils ?
    They are single wire, as far as I can see (?).
    Shame there's no plans for a clapton.

Still enjoying my Crown IV Checkmate tank.
    Love how I can set it on its side for a while with no fear of leakage.
    This is the most leak-free tank I've ever used.
    A wonderful tank.
    Going to buy another one as a backup.

Still using temperate control at TCR #85 on these SS904L coils.
    The coils seem to lose taste after roughly 10 days.
    I'm a verrrrrry happy customer and will buy again !

:)

See my Uwell Crown IV Checkmate review here : UWELL Crown IV Tank

What are your experiences with the Crown IV Tank ?

• Love
    Reactions: Uwell_Elle

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    @Uwell_Elle

Just got a CROWN IV yesterday, don't know what batch they are on, but a few suggestions for you guys out there, double check your mouth pieces. Mine doesn't fit flush against the top cap (intentional or unintentional), and the AFC ring tends to seem a bit "grindy". Either something is caught between the AFC ring and the top (and in my case the bottom too) of the base. Other than that stuff, the tank performs exceptionally well. I will use it for my more POTENT flavors (heavy mints and cinnamon bases).

Also, any plans to release plated tank sections to match the bodies? Really in love with the color of the rest of the tank, thought it would be neat to have a glass (or metal) tank section that matched it.
    Hi! Thank you so much for your suggestions! We will take note of them. As for your question regarding the plated tank sections, you may email our service team here at service@myuwell.com

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Just received my 2 extra O-ring packs I ordered from AliExpress.
    Awesome !

n71b4j.jpg

... I used one O-ring when I recently broke my tank glass, and so I decided to get some more.
    Very happy with Official Uwell Store on AliExpress !
    Got more official Uwell tank glass pieces from FastTech ! Bubble type.
    Used the included extra tank glass (straight type) until I got my bubbles.

Still loving my Crown IV Checkmate !

• Love

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Not again !
    Yep.
    I broke the tank glass again, the bubble 6ml.
    Was in the city, and had forgotten my spare tank glass at home.
    Wasn't due to return for 3 days.
    So, would I buy tobacco ? Of course not !!
    Got a new tank.
    Read about it in my blog entry Broken glass, Hook in the A**. | E-Cigarette Forum .

Still in love with the Crown 4, but kinda feel like uwell and everyone else has already forgotten about it.
    However, I think it's a GREAT TANK !
    Long live the Crown IV.

• Informative

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Question:
    Will uwell continue to supply SS904 coils for the Crown IV users out there ?
    I'm fairly confident the SS316 coils for all their tanks will be available for good while.
    However, will uwell purchase another huge load of SS904 wire just for the Crown IV users out there that haven't upgraded ?
    I certainly hope so.
    The Crown IV is the best design yet, in my humble opinion.
    Any comments on that, @Uwell_Elle or @Uwell_Neil ?

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    Question:
    Will uwell continue to supply SS904 coils for the Crown IV users out there ?
    I'm fairly confident the SS316 coils for all their tanks will be available for good while.
    However, will uwell purchase another huge load of SS904 wire just for the Crown IV users out there that haven't upgraded ?
    I certainly hope so.
    The Crown IV is the best design yet, in my humble opinion.
    Any comments on that, @Uwell_Elle or @Uwell_Neil ?
    Hi! Yes, UWELL will and still is supplying SS904L coils for the Crown IV. We believe that our SS904L coils provide better flavor and it also lasts longer. Thank you for your opinion, we always like hearing thoughts of our customers! Have a great day!

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    We believe that our SS904L coils provide better flavor and it also lasts longer.

Yes, I agree !
    I like the Valyrian I coils well enough... but can't use temp control with them ! Kanthal !
    The Crown 4 is superior to the Valyrian in many ways.
    It's got the unique half-turn top cap, so easy to remove and place. Will last a very long time.
    The Valyrian has a button and hinge operation, which I find very inferior. I can see it failing in a short time.
    Also, the fill holes of the Crown 4 are superior. With no mess. The Valyrian's top is always messy and filling it causes a mess.
    As well, the airflow draw is superior with the Crown 4 in my opinion. Yes, the Valyrian I has ample airflow, but, too much, in my opinion. Gotta close it 1/2 way.
    So I am going to get another Crown 4 as backup, even though I don't see anything in the Crown 4 failing for years to come.
    Maybe I'll share it with someone I feel deserves the best tank available.
    Dunno.
    Oh, and, I was just in Oakland where they can't sell e-liquid but they have tobacco for sale no problem. Now San Francisco has banned only e-cigs, tobacco is for sale everywhere no problem.
    Really upsets me, because they are the only two cities I visit (I love in the countryside).
    So, I went to Berkeley which is right next to Oakland.
    Take care everyone, and enjoy your Crown 4 ! I'd say get another one.

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    Can you fit Valerian coils in the Crown IV?
    I'm still using the 904SS .4 coil, running for 2 weeks now. Got some spare mesh coils as well, but curious about the Valerians (if they fit ofcourse)
    Hi! Unfortunately, the Valyrian coils DO NOT fit in the Crown IV. Valyrian coils were made specifically for the Valyrian Tanks. If you would like to check the Crown IV coils, kindly go to this link: Crown IV (Crown 4) Replacement Coils

n00bVape

Jul 19, 2019
    Netherlands, the

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    @Uwell_Elle
    I was just looking at your aliexpress webshop to possibly buy some more coils for my Crown IV tank.
    I noticed that you have TDP versions of the coils. Are these in any way, shape or form different from the regular coils? As in, are they interchangable with eachother?
    Hi! The TPD coils are the same as the regular Crown IV coils BUT because of the laws in certain countries, wherein TPD versions are the only acceptable ones, we highly recommend them to order the TPD versions.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hello vapers !
    I've got a problem with my Crown IV.....
    I was worried about this when I got the tank, in February this year (2019).
    The new system of press-in coils had me worried, because, instead of screwing the coil in, they now press in.
    The coil insertion has become extremely weak, and, tonight, my Crown IV leaked all over my mod.
    Not sure why, I don't see any o-ring besides the one on the coil itself.
    I received a new Crown IV the other day, this time iridescent color (!), and the coils have a strong seal, kinda hard to remove the coil.
    So, not sure what's up, as I said, the only o-ring I see is on the coil itself, so it should be alright.
    Perhaps this pack of coils is a bit smaller ?
    I'll be experimenting and investigating this issue, and I'll let y'all know what I discover !
    Still loving the Crown IV above all other tanks, I have a Valyrian I, it's nice, but, the Crown IV is better, in my opinion.
    P.S. EDIT: Just wanted to say this new iridescent tank I got is so much better than the black one I got 6 months ago.
    With the first one, the glass was impossible to remove. Also, with this new color, my juice doesn't look dark anymore !
    The black interior caused my juice to appear much darker, heh.
    Anyway, happy with my new purchase !

Stay tuned ! :headbang:

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    OK
    Figured I'd give y'all an image after tellin' ya how purty she looks, especially with my new mod, a Wismec rx2 20700. It's an 'old' mod by today's standards, but it's new to me !

Here's a shot of the Wismec rx2 20700 in iridescent, with the iridescent Crown IV on top !

They look like they were made for each other.

Happily vaping with the Crown IV. Going to see if it lasts the test of time.

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    maybe your last coil was a faulty one?

Yes, I believe this is the case, because, I have not had any problems since that one time.
    Just strangely leaked out one day. It's been fine since.

LOVING my Crown IV still, after all this time. Almost 100% problem-free.
    Love the new iridescent color I got, too.
    The black one works just as well.

Got a new Tinker 2 mod, here's a shot of it with the iridescent first, then the black:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread