V2 Blank Cartomizers with thicker juice or higher VG juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
I asked this in another thread, but figured I'd give it it's own thread. Who has already tried the V2 blanks, and how do they compare to the V1 blanks? Supposedly they have an extra strand in the coil to allow for better wicking for thicker juices and higher VG based juices. Has anyone noticed a difference? I have a number of Backwoods Brew juices and Kick Bass Vapor juices that haven't worked so well on my V1 cartomizers that I'm hoping will work better on these new V2 versions. Thanks!

s3lekta

May 10, 2011
Brampton
I asked this in another thread, but figured I'd give it it's own thread. Who has already tried the V2 blanks, and how do they compare to the V1 blanks? Supposedly they have an extra strand in the coil to allow for better wicking for thicker juices and higher VG based juices. Has anyone noticed a difference? I have a number of Backwoods Brew juices and Kick Bass Vapor juices that haven't worked so well on my V1 cartomizers that I'm hoping will work better on these new V2 versions. Thanks!

I wondering the same thing too hmm

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
I'll go fill one now. I've got some Hopscotch from FSUSA, that's a 50/50 blend, with 2x extra flavoring. That should be thick enough to give them a good test.

I've used the same juice in the "V1", and it worked ok, but I tended to vape about 25% of the cart before it lost flavor and would need to be placed aside.

Back in a few with my results.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Test 1: Condom fill, top off, blow out excess, no wait time.
Results: Huge amounts of vapor, very little flavor.

/Granted, I would almost never expect a thick juice to produce good flavor with zero wait time, so my primary results should be taken with that in mind. I'm going to let the carto sit for an hour, and post back then, with follow up results.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Test 2: The carto has now settled for about an hour.
Results: Lots of vapor, very smooth, almost no taste at all. I almost wonder where that vapor is coming from.

Initial Conclusion: Thick juices might still take a while to really wick up. On the "V1" I would generally let them sit overnight, and get some good flavor the next day, but they would vape almost without flavor shortly after. I will fill another one up, and let it sit overnight to see how it goes. It's still incredibly smooth, huge amounts of vapor (these cartos are really impressive for vapor production), but very little flavor from very thick juices. Multiple re-filling of the carto, and proper time for it to absorb may help in the long run, but my conclusion is that the "V2" is not going to be a fill-and-vape-immediately solution for extra thick juice. Granted, this is pretty much what I expected, and there is only one cartomizer that I've used, that can pull off that stunt (it's not a kr808 thread either, and I'm nervous about using it on an automatic battery, even with an adapter).

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
The best carto I've found for thick juice and instant gratification with a Bloog is the clearomizer.

Thanks for your experiment! I am actually heading for europe for ten days tomorrow. Filled up 30 bloog and 6 jumbo cartos last night. They should be nice and soaked through, so I am hoping for happy vaping across the pond! :)

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
The best carto I've found for thick juice and instant gratification with a Bloog is the clearomizer.

Thanks for your experiment! I am actually heading for europe for ten days tomorrow. Filled up 30 bloog and 6 jumbo cartos last night. They should be nice and soaked through, so I am hoping for happy vaping across the pond! :)

Enjoy your trip!

The clearomizers make me a bit nervous. I use the rev5(or 6 depending on who you ask), in my MAP tank, on a 510, but I'm afraid of trying one on an automatic battery. The "vortex" ones make me even more nervous, but I've recently picked up an 808 > 510 adapter to try the new dual coil clear cartos. They've been fantastic (using the 2.0 ohm version) on my 510's, but I still worry about putting one on an automatic.

Recently I've started buying DIY stuff, and thinner juice, because I really like the Bloog cartomizers with juice that wicks easily. In fact, they're so good that I came back to 808's because of them. I just wish that FSUSA would produce their juices in a higher PG blend, so that it would wick better.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
The vortex works fine but, for me, the BMF cartomizers still work better, both in vapor producion and flavor.
Would have no problems saying the opposite if it was true because I had high hopes when I ordered them, since I consider their architecture to be very "sound".

I agree that they're excellent cartomizers, and my test of one hour is probably inadequate for testing a thick juice, but even after just trying it again, there's still no flavor. Lots of vapor, very smooth, just no taste.

Something that I've come to accept, regarding cartomizers, is that thick juice is meant for dripping, not for filling. That doesn't make the Bloog cartos bad. In fact, they're excellent. Top of the line, really. But you have to expect that if you use a thick juice, in a small carto, you aren't going to get the best results.

On the other hand, if I use a mostly PG juice, these cartos are outstanding. They're really top notch. But there are only two cartos that can vape the juice I tried in it. They're also quite large, and structured for thick juice specifically.

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
Something that I've come to accept, regarding cartomizers, is that thick juice is meant for dripping, not for filling. That doesn't make the Bloog cartos bad. In fact, they're excellent. Top of the line, really. But you have to expect that if you use a thick juice, in a small carto, you aren't going to get the best results..

I order 24mg nic unflavored PG when Gourmet Vapor has their 50% off sales. I add it to my Vaperite favorites so that they wick better in the cartos. It dulls the flavor just a wee bit, but I don't mind. Have you tried that? Or even a few drops of distilled water?

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
thanks for the info, bladebarrier! would you say that you're getting more vapor out of the v2 cart then you got using the same juice in a v1 cart? did you get more taste in the v1 cart? also, how does the throat hit compare between the v1 and v2? same? or is one better than the other? thanks again for your experiments. it was very helpful!

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Thanks for the tip, zotzer! I actually have some nicotine PG laying around, so I'll give that a shot. Honestly, even though it would thin my juice, the better wicking might payoff in the flavor department.

It's certainly worth a shot.

Ditc, I guess my testing wasn't all that conclusive, but for me they don't seem a whole lot better for the thick juices that I use. Then again, thick juice is a pain for pretty much all cartos. Some thick juices seem to work better than others though, so I guess that in the end, you'll really have to try them for yourself.

They're excellent cartos, and I'm glad I picked up a bunch of them, without a doubt, but like all cartos they're just going to work better with certain juices. There wouldn't be such a large part of the community that drips, if one carto solved the mystery of how to make the perfect solution for everyone's needs.

Siciliansith

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
new york
i have 5 10 ml bottle of bwb that i have to vape i'll make it work hehe been sitting for 3 months they are ready hehe i have two ego batts i'll trade for some decent nic juice unflavored low nic

Ego kit is barely used charged like 6 times and just didnt work for me i'll trade since i dont thnk it has much monetary value

EDIT there rivas, but do have a ego passthrough batt

Last edited:

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
this is disappointing =( i ordered a bunch of BWB juices and was going to order a bunch of blank cartomizers when the manual batteries come out...

bladebarrier, do you think you can try another test of maybe soaking it in for a whole night? i'm new to this whole thing still and i'm trippin out thinking i wasted a lot of money on juices that won't work well with my bloog! =[

any other suggestions anyone? I googled the clearomizer but that thing looks way too big.. why i liked the bloog was it looked very discrete..

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
don't be tooo dissapointed... i still have "some" luck using the bwb with my existing maxxfusion cartos,, but i'm just not blown away by their performance with it... you won't have wasted your money. the juice is delicious... although, i can't get a throat hit from any of them, even though they're all 24mg nic strength :(

this is disappointing =( i ordered a bunch of BWB juices and was going to order a bunch of blank cartomizers when the manual batteries come out...

bladebarrier, do you think you can try another test of maybe soaking it in for a whole night? i'm new to this whole thing still and i'm trippin out thinking i wasted a lot of money on juices that won't work well with my bloog! =[

any other suggestions anyone? I googled the clearomizer but that thing looks way too big.. why i liked the bloog was it looked very discrete..

hawkfire1

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Hawaii
I dilute my BWB Malty toffee/extra flavor with unflavored pg w/nicotine before I fill my V2 Maxxfusion Cartos. I use 2 drops of unflavored PG nic to 8 drops of Malty toffee and fill an empty 10mil bottle. (Malty Toffee is super thick 30pg/70vg.) Then I shake it up and let it sit for an hour or so and then fill the carto.

No wicking issues, no dry hits and with the extra flavor, the vape doesn't taste muted or washed out since it has been diluted.

I also do this with AV Gorilla juice without issues (100vg) but, if I do the same with AV Hype (10pg/90vg) or BWB Peach (70pg/30vg) the wicking isnt too good and sometimes still get dry hits.

So, I am thinking the flavoring, flavoring carrier agent or sweetener might be to blame. (Maltol, Sucralose or whatever sweetener is in it)

Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread