v3 broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

captiancd89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Boston, MA
This morning i woke up and was aboutto use my v3. I pushed down the button and nothing happened. I pressed it one more time to see if it would work. Thinking that somehow my atty just poped i went to get a new atty, while still holding my v3. As i was doing this the v3 got extremely hot. I burnt my hand pretty bad. So i threw everything apart, one of the batterys was melted on the bottom. Then stupidly i tryed the other batterys. same thing happened except i didnt burn my hand again. Now im back to smoking analogs.

Rotaryfeen

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Millbrae, Ca.
#1 make sure + and - connection isn't made other from than the switch. Check and clean ur pv. Make sure everything is aligned right. Screwing on adapters and atties over tighting them will cause ur problem also. And if u r using an adapter make sure its clean to. Also make sure when using batteries they r a set best to mark them with a black marker with #1 #2 #3 for each set. mixing batteries thou same model will still damage it due to different voltage in them during use. Not trying to insult you but the v3 doesn't just break unless its user error. I have u contacted PS costumer service yet? If not posting on a forum complaining isn't going to help to much. Best thing to do is open a ticket at the PS website or at PS own forum.

Last edited:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Failure is always an option and tracking down cause can be troublesome process of elimination, user error vs equip fail gives many options for root cause.

Agree with previous post, the vendor knows the most about what can go wrong and help you troubleshoot better than another random user. Talk to the experts first and if they end up scratching their heads then ask the masses hoping one has had that problem before and found a solution.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
hey captain I got the V3 and love it, no problems at all, I cleaned it up and added noalox and all is working very well. I remember when I bought my first mod it was the prodigy V2 and I had the same problem you did and it was caused my the adapter damaging the atomizer, which in turn caused a short and melted my batteries. This my partly my fault but not all since there waere some issues with the switch not making contact.(so I thought I needed to screw in the atomizer more) Anyways I am lovin this thing and I think that V3 has made many improvement. Great device. Hope you like the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread