V4 carto punch tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
Hi guys and gals,it's been a while since I've been on.I stopped vaping 2 years ago after spending thousands on provaris,egos u name it I bought it.What I need to know if anyone knows where I can buy a v4 carto punch,I know it's old school but it works.I've tried the search engines and it keeps saying V.I.P. has them u see it advertised there but u can't buy it.HELP if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it,I've tried all the new ones and there useless thanks again.
Bridge666

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
iirc you could make an improvised one from a self piercing saddle valve if you're out of other options
4GU27_AS01

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
Its close but no cigar,ya gotta try this v4 to appreciate it,no offense,I still have all my homemade tanks from Jonah of N.M. 2011 gotta fill these cartons somehow,by the way who if anybody still sell xl cartons single coil ceramic cup as long as the tank itself smoktech has ce2s but the cup and wick only go 1/3 of the way?

Dustydtc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Texas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No Buying, Selling or Trading outside of the Classifieds

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Its close but no cigar,ya gotta try this v4 to appreciate it,no offense,I still have all my homemade tanks from Jonah of N.M. 2011 gotta fill these cartons somehow,by the way who if anybody still sell xl cartons single coil ceramic cup as long as the tank itself smoktech has ce2s but the cup and wick only go 1/3 of the way?
in that case i would suggest updating your vaping apparatus. they quite literally dont make stuff like they used to. On possible option is putting a want to buy ad up in the marketplace. There might be someone who has moved on with one in the bottom of his vape box willing to sell

• Agree

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
  • Deleted by classwife

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
V4l probably just renamed a Smoketech carto punch. That's what most people used. Plenty of them still around.
In for meNaaah I tried that one and a few others if you go on the VIP homepage or Google it you'll know why I'm trying my best to replace what I have misplaced
This getting old stuff ain't work

Dustydtc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Texas
  • Deleted by classwife

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
in that case i would suggest updating your vaping apparatus. they quite literally dont make stuff like they used to. On possible option is putting a want to buy ad up in the marketplace. There might be someone who has moved on with one in the bottom of his vape box willing to sell
Now that's a great idea that's were ill try and find this thanks.

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
  • Deleted by classwife

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sad to say, but at some point you're going to have to move on from the cartomizers, cartotanks, and punch tools. Manufacturers won't continue to make "ancient" out-dated products if they can no longer make enough profit to continue making them. You're seeing evidence of this yourself by your inquiry.

I'm not being rude, but you need to "up your game". I was a huge cartotank fan a few years ago, but I saw the writing on the wall and moved on. Believe it or not, modern clearomizers work just as well if not better than a cartotank did back in the day.

• Agree
Reactions: QcVaper

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
Those cartons are the ones,the punches are the ones I tried replacing the v4 with have them,but ill buy the cartos from you,let me know,really appreciate it.
carto_punched.jpg

Sad to say, but at some point you're going to have to move on from the cartomizers, cartotanks, and punch tools. Manufacturers won't continue to make "ancient" out-dated products if they can no longer make enough profit to continue making them. You're seeing evidence of this yourself by your inquiry.

I'm not being rude, but you need to "up your game". I was a huge cartotank fan a few years ago, but I saw the writing on the wall and moved on. Believe it or not, modern clearomizers work just as well if not better than a cartotank did back in the day.
I know but it's like leading a horse to water,if I can't find this tool ill have no choice,I'm look in at 6 provaris and 6 of the new ones I bought for 8 bucks a piece,I guess that should've told me sumthin.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm look in at 6 provaris and 6 of the new ones I bought for 8 bucks a piece,I guess that should've told me sumthin.
Let me suggest you get an Aspire Nautilus clearomizer. They've been around for 3 - 4 years now, and are still a very popular tank for mouth-to-lung, low voltage/wattage vapers like yourself. The Provari/Nautilus combo is still a popular combo to this day.

2ds367k.jpg

Aspire Nautilus tanks on Provari's.

If you're not a fan of the Nautilus's form factor, another popular tank for a Provari is the Kabuki. The authentic Kabuki is a $100 tank, but you can get excellent quality clones from Fast Tech for just $13. The Kabuki and its clone use the same replacement coils that the Aspire Nautilus uses.

j0gpPhO.jpg

Kabuki tank on a Provari

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mackman

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
Hi guys and gals,it's been a while since I've been on.I stopped vaping 2 years ago after spending thousands on provaris,egos u name it I bought it.What I need to know if anyone knows where I can buy a v4 carto punch,I know it's old school but it works.I've tried the search engines and it keeps saying V.I.P. has them u see it advertised there but u can't buy it.HELP if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it,I've tried all the new ones and there useless thanks again.
Bridge666

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
  • Deleted by classwife

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
That's where the teeny tiny carborundum stone came in useful... Sort of miss those days when prepping a carto-tank seemed like a big deal. Somehow it made vaping more meaningful due to the effort involved.o_O
It sure was,I remember when they first started cutting cart is,then the tanks rolled in.Still have a dozen torpedo tanks from Jonah from New Mexico,Found the V4 carto puncher today I'm in Heaven.

bridge66

Nov 4, 2011
vermont
Thanks for doing some legwork for me,actually found it today in an old toolbox,almost forgot how to use it.I've got another vapebuddy sending me a bunch of boge cart is I can cut for my torpedo tanks,I guess I'm gonna have to give up my collection of provaris tanks and cartos,I know it's a lost art but it's fun,I'm finding making juices is also shaky picked up the best black label 70/30 and its so thick it's near impossible to wick good except in the nautilus tanks any suggestions for juice would be appreciated thanks for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread