Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
@LadyVapentine sorry, I'm really tired and stupid busy atm, but go back a long way, look at some of the threads I put together for stickies for this forum, look at all the silly threads I started for this forum!
I'm not hitching a ride, I've been trying for a while to make the ride better!
I know you were one of the original crew! I wish more of the original crew would pop back in. I don't know how to get the forum hopping consistently again and I thank you for your enthusiasm and help.

I'm sure it will get there. I was thinking maybe ECF has changed or evolved in a way that made people drift as it expanded.

We'll get to the bottom of this! :thumb:

I'm glad you got some rest!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
We'll get it better, just gonna take a little time. One of the big stigmas we've got to overcome is most people associate V4L with cig-a-likes and those are only good "for just starting out". So a lot of people overlook this forum not knowing you have other gear.
I really need to look at the web site and see what all you have available to see if we can spark some more interest.
I also need to get Imgur to play nice again and I'll post up some rba/rta tuturiols so people can see how easy it really is to do.
But first I need to get this heap of dung out of my garage! I got the head surfaced this morning, now I'm waiting on parts to put it back together!

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
We'll get it better, just gonna take a little time. One of the big stigmas we've got to overcome is most people associate V4L with cig-a-likes and those are only good "for just starting out". So a lot of people overlook this forum not knowing you have other gear.
I really need to look at the web site and see what all you have available to see if we can spark some more interest.
I also need to get Imgur to play nice again and I'll post up some rba/rta tuturiols so people can see how easy it really is to do.
But first I need to get this heap of dung out of my garage! I got the head surfaced this morning, now I'm waiting on parts to put it back together!
Ooooh! RBA/RTA tutorials would really help me out too! We've really expanded our stuff, plus we still have the cigalikes and they do the job for me. I like to use a mod sometimes if I'm chilling at home and I'm not typing, so I want to learn ALL the things.

I can't wait til you get that car all done with!!!!!!!

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
This is the home of the Taryn spin, I kid you not, Google it.

And lots of great sayings, like: "Friends don't let friends use the condom method".

we were a "family" in the greatest sense! Someone needed, they were taken care of! I was the recipient more than I can tell, but I gifted to many others, and many, many more gifted beyond that!

Yes, we certainly did look after each other here back in those days. When someone was in need, gift certificates popped up in their emails or packages would be sent. We "paid it forward" and sometimes received it back.

I guess the vaping world has changed, is more accessible and better known in the wider community now, even in Oz, though (not as well known because it is pretty under the radar here). This used to be the place to come to get really reliable tested technical info too. One of the things that lured me to V4L was this forum's 'family' feel and the knowledgeable people who helped every one of us newbies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
And don't forget all the "surprises" that were thrown in. Order a bottle of juice and they'd throw in a couple of cartomizers they thought you might like. Order a kit and they'd throw in an extra battery and a usb pass through. You never knew what would show up in your package!
But yeah, it was a new industry then and vape shops were few and far between!

Reactions: EleanorR

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Fam,

We will get our forum up and running again, may take a while, but, we are commited to having fun again. Saw, miss you baby:2cool:Katz, hope your doing great, glad your spring is on it's way.:banana: I am hoping we get our old fam back, as well as growing with new members. I think maybe we should sticky some of our best of threads for new, and old to see. I kie this idea, how about you?

Vape-On

Smilin;):lol::smokie:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Ah, so that's why all these old threads suddenly showed up! I thought I'd done something to my viewing preferences, seeing all this old stuff. Personally I think you may have gotten carried away though: had to scroll for ages to find the current/new threads :ohmy:

Of course, one of things we miss here on the forum is all that sharing of technical information that we just couldn't get elsewhere. Not that I'm a technical person, it took me a long time to know my amps from my mahs!

So, here in Tasmania it is officially the first day of spring. It's sunny with occasional pesky showers, and not that warm. I guess though it means that you guys are heading into autumn (no we don't use the f-word here to describe that time of year :) ) and your colder weather. Ah well, the older I get, the quicker the seasons roll around.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Ah, so that's why all these old threads suddenly showed up! I thought I'd done something to my viewing preferences, seeing all this old stuff. Personally I think you may have gotten carried away though: had to scroll for ages to find the current/new threads :ohmy:

Of course, one of things we miss here on the forum is all that sharing of technical information that we just couldn't get elsewhere. Not that I'm a technical person, it took me a long time to know my amps from my mahs!

So, here in Tasmania it is officially the first day of spring. It's sunny with occasional pesky showers, and not that warm. I guess though it means that you guys are heading into autumn (no we don't use the f-word here to describe that time of year :) ) and your colder weather. Ah well, the older I get, the quicker the seasons roll around.
I rather prefer autumn...the word *and* the season. We're almost there. We go from icky humid weather to chilly weather, sometimes within the span of a day.

Yeah, it was my concern that it might be hard to navigate through everything to find the new stuff! :blink::blink:

Smilin is a man with a plan, and he's gonna pick and choose some throwbacks tomorrow. He's a madman, I tell you.

It's kind of nice going down memory lane though (even though I wasn't here yet to remember it!)
It'd be nice to have s'more of the ol' crew back in action!

Enjoy the weather in Hobart! I'll be visiting there this weekend. The Indiana Hobart, that is. o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: EleanorR

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Holy mother of stickie overload! Yeah, you might have over done that a bit! Let's see if we can get some threads going, active, then stickie them. It supposed to rain the next few days so hopefully I can get a newbie coil making thread going and see if it takes off.
I wanted a "real steak", my wife comes home with 1 1/2" thick Ribeye's! Those, bacon wrapped asparagus and steamed potatoes. Problem was it was after 8pm before I started cooking, that wore me out.
I was supposed to fire up the smoker Monday, full chicken, four racks of ribs and a pizza, but between Sat and the weather moving in I just wasn't up to it, hopefully this Sat I'll get that done.
Been playing with my Augvape Alleria tonight. Not really sure why! This is such a beautiful tank, but a total PITA to get wicked right! Ran out of the juice I had in it so I set it up for a new juice. It's been bleeding like a stuck pig all night, one day I'll figure it out.

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Holy mother of stickie overload! Yeah, you might have over done that a bit! Let's see if we can get some threads going, active, then stickie them. It supposed to rain the next few days so hopefully I can get a newbie coil making thread going and see if it takes off.
I wanted a "real steak", my wife comes home with 1 1/2" thick Ribeye's! Those, bacon wrapped asparagus and steamed potatoes. Problem was it was after 8pm before I started cooking, that wore me out.
I was supposed to fire up the smoker Monday, full chicken, four racks of ribs and a pizza, but between Sat and the weather moving in I just wasn't up to it, hopefully this Sat I'll get that done.
Been playing with my Augvape Alleria tonight. Not really sure why! This is such a beautiful tank, but a total PITA to get wicked right! Ran out of the juice I had in it so I set it up for a new juice. It's been bleeding like a stuck pig all night, one day I'll figure it out.
I think Smilin wanted to take a trip down memory lane! LOL We'll be unstickying soon and doin' some cleanup.

It POURED rain here out of nowhere and that was kinda scary.

Did everything go ok with that blasted car, @sawlight?

A coil thread would really benefit me as I'm still learning a lot about that type of vaping. I still stick to the Zeus, but I have ventured out and dipped my toe into the world of sub-ohm vaping but there's so much to learn!

I'm gonna be a coil master before you know it!

I spent the weekend relaxing in Indiana with my family and my lil' niece.

Then I came home and got sick. I dunno if it was something I ate. I have been trying not to eat cheese but it's a hard one to resist and I devoured a pizza with cheese and giardinara!

It was pretty extravagant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread