Status
Not open for further replies.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Yikes...was just about to go to bed and noticed a weird noise. It was my V6 sizzling away as if i were vaping on it while it was charging. Yup, plugged in and hot as all get out there on the counter. Thank goodness I noticed!

I have it unplugged now, the light at the bottom won't go out but it stopped sizzling. Not sure what to do, I need to make sure it doesn't auto fire again.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Well, that took care of it. Just took a hammer to the base and killed it. I get up early in the morning for work and can't be worried all night with "is the house going to burn down" thoughts. The counter top is scorched pretty good.

This was only the fourth time plugged in for charging. Never been dropped, only left the house once for a trip to the vape store.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Contact GV through their ticket system on their website for this type of support... Contact Us : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The forum here is more for user to user support for general usage questions etc... ( GV occasionally posts here also of course, but more for announcements typically )

Thanks. I was giving a heads up to other users of a potentially dangerous situation. And maybe get advice from other users how to proceed.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just to mention what should be common sense ( if it wasn't done )

If any PV is stuck firing ( auto or manual type )... never plug it back in until after you have resolved the stuck switch... in cases where the atomizer, clearo, coil etc can be removed... do so. If unable to remove the atomizer, clearo, coil etc... place the whole unit in/on a fire safe location. A coverable clay or ceramic pots, charcoal grills are some possible places you could put something like this if this happens. Certainly place it all outside and don't leave it inside a house, garage, car etc. In fact, this last bit... is common battery safety measures for any type of rechargeable battery that may be damaged or having an type of issue.

Auto firing PV's, when they stick, can probably be unstuck by sucking/blowing into them... the idea being to work the switch ( with air ) until it unsticks. Which works ( the sucking or blowing or a combination of both ) will depend on how the switch is stuck.

SueL

Dec 13, 2011
Connecticut
I had the same problem with mine. I charged it when I received it then used it once until the battery was low. On the next charge I heard the same strange snapping, popping sound coming from where the V6 was charging. Luckily I was only 4-5 feet away. It was extremely hot and was firing the coil. I had to take a couple of strong puffs on it and shake it around to get it to stop.

I put in a ticket, they got back to me almost immediately, and I have sent it back for testing. After this incident, mine wouldn't work properly, and the blue ring light would stay on.

I also am posting this to give a heads up to anyone using these. Mine, stupidly, was on a wooden surface and would have caused a fire if I wasn't within hearing distance.

This is in no way against GotVapes as their service has always been fantastic, in my experience, and I am sure they will rectify this situation.

Last edited:

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Thanks all, just got home from work and submitted my ticket.

As the previous poster noted, this is in no way an attempt to denigrate GotVapes. GotVapes is one of my fave online vendors and I look forward to ordering from them again. They are friendly, professional, knowledgable and speedy.

They also have jaw breakers.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I have learned a few things on my v6.

On a misfire blow through the drip tip. The reverse airflow appears to turn off the switch.

Mine appeared to be happening because of fluid in the battery area or switch area. I was only able to correct it by putting it in rice for 4 days. Blowing it out will only clear large amounts of fluid. Remove head and rinse before putting into rice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread